Look, the game wasn’t great, and neither were we, but this division is pretty terrible. We could actually do something this season without actually being that good, defensively we look solid, and we are yet to have a settled side yet. Keep the likes of Baxter and Surridge fully fit we’ll do OK, central midfield is still a worry, hopefully the lad from Villa can sort that. We still lack a right sided midfielder also, i’m hoping we can convert Dummigan to there as he is good going forward. Another thing I like is the togertherness of the squad, there are no big ego’s and I feel like we can have some sort of affiliation to this group. I also love how much it means to FB and AR, they genuinely love this club.

• Like 1

Can’t ever remember us winning like that. They had us on strings and sucked us into their game from the minute their lad went down after the ball had hit him.

Absolutely fucking ace, not celebrated a goal at home like that for a long time. The cheating twats got everything they deserved. Play-offs, love it!

O'Grady: touch is absolutely rank at times, but he puts himself about well, and is really dilligent at covering when the wingers are out of position. He's also a lot more mobile than I thought. Bunn will love him. 

As above, Hamer in for Graham please. He's just not a full back. 

I think the one thing we learned from today is that Sam Graham is no right back. Static, cumbersome and cannot pass for toffee, how he started in front of Hamer is an absolute mystery and bordering on criminal, he should only be used as cover for Clarke and George at CB because he kills us down the right and was a liability - Hamer when he came on offered us balance an outlet and positionally he has a football brain.

Second point is the front two, Baxter/O'Grady doesn't work for me and for all the huff and puff is pretty ineffective,  Baxter has to play deeper and when he did today he pulled Crawley apart, let him run the game from the centre of the park.

Last point Gardner - what's happened to him? his position for next week must be under serious threat because he just keeps turning the ball over at the minute, not questioning his desire but his distribution is shocking.

Onwards and upwards and a big game next week, win that and it will be a great day out in Grimsby.

2 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

O'Grady: touch is absolutely rank at times, but he puts himself about well, and is really dilligent at covering when the wingers are out of position. He's also a lot more mobile than I thought. Bunn will love him. 

As above, Hamer in for Graham please. He's just not a full back. 

Much improved today O’Grady. I’d still start Surridge and Lang though I think there are goals in those two. Edmundson excellent, if the lad from Villa is as good as they say the #finish15thifwerelucky lads might have to change their tune.

A strange game again. Crawley offered little going forward but could have had 2 goals before half time. They were a cynical team who went down at the merest hint of physical contact and the ref pandered to it..

But somehow without creating loads of chances we won, Can Baxter play as with drawn striker? and be effective I felt he was on the periphery of the game a lot.  we huffed and we puffed and we kept going how many times over the years would we have lost that or drawn. 

Iverson - could he have done better with the goal? Good pen save and everything else was routine for him

Hunt - a solid game and linked well with Nepo first half

Clarke - usual solid stuff

Edmunson - Did well against there number 9 and good composure for the cross late on - becoming a real player for me

Graham - Isn't an attacking full back will grow into a center half for sure - blowing out of his backside late on - did he give the pen away? Looked a soft decision

Branger - some promising moments but we don't get him far enough forward

Missilou - Could have given a pen away in the first minute and one or two other poor tackles but much improved from last week

Gardner - at his frustrating "best" gave the ball away loads after doing the hard work to get away from his man or win the ball back

Nepo - Excellent first half could have had a 2nd goal worked hard, 2nd half didnt get the ball as much

Baxter - on the edges of the game when he went in the midfield pulled the strings for a time but the killer pass didnt come off, his class will tell in him it's just where is his best position for the team

O'Grady - Won everything in the air but had no one to read his flicks

Sturridge - worked the line and proved a different threat a big asset for his this season i think

Laing - looked a bit light weight but gives us something we dont have much of and his mobility and movement could be good for us to use

Hamer- Did fine when he came 

3 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

A strange game again. Crawley offered little going forward but could have had 2 goals before half time. They were a cynical team who went down at the merest hint of physical contact and the ref pandered to it..

But somehow without creating loads of chances we won, Can Baxter play as with drawn striker? and be effective I felt he was on the periphery of the game a lot.  we huffed and we puffed and we kept going how many times over the years would we have lost that or drawn. 

Iverson - could he have done better with the goal? Good pen save and everything else was routine for him

Hunt - a solid game and linked well with Nepo first half

Clarke - usual solid stuff

Edmunson - Did well against there number 9 and good composure for the cross late on - becoming a real player for me

Graham - Isn't an attacking full back will grow into a center half for sure - blowing out of his backside late on - did he give the pen away? Looked a soft decision

Branger - some promising moments but we don't get him far enough forward

Missilou - Could have given a pen away in the first minute and one or two other poor tackles but much improved from last week

Gardner - at his frustrating "best" gave the ball away loads after doing the hard work to get away from his man or win the ball back

Nepo - Excellent first half could have had a 2nd goal worked hard, 2nd half didnt get the ball as much

Baxter - on the edges of the game when he went in the midfield pulled the strings for a time but the killer pass didnt come off, his class will tell in him it's just where is his best position for the team

O'Grady - Won everything in the air but had no one to read his flicks

Sturridge - worked the line and proved a different threat a big asset for his this season i think

Laing - looked a bit light weight but gives us something we dont have much of and his mobility and movement could be good for us to use

Hamer- Did fine when he came 

Hamer will be pleased with that assessment ?

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Last point Gardner - what's happened to him? his position for next week must be under serious threat because he just keeps turning the ball over at the minute, not questioning his desire but his distribution is shocking.

Been saying this for the last few games but I got abuse for it because I “know fuck all about football” apparently.  

His decision making and distribution has been awful this season.  He does something great, wins the ball and then has a brain fart almost every time.   The number of times we’ve ended up under attack following him losing the ball is worrying. 

17 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

There must be some sort of clause in Graham's contract that says he has to make an appearance.

Hamer should have been on from the start.

I was wondering that myself

graham’s positional play is poor, he looked like he was playing with his mind on something else 

hamer did make a positive difference when he came on,  good passes and long throws 

39 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

I was wondering that myself

graham’s positional play is poor, he looked like he was playing with his mind on something else 

hamer did make a positive difference when he came on,  good passes and long throws 

Id say its just the fact he looks out of position at full back.

It worked against Macc as we were ahead in the game and they were throwing high balls into the box so getting more height onto the pitch was a necessity it might work away from home a few times too. But today we had alot of the ball and needed a right back who could get forward and get a cross in which isnt him.

Happy with today it wasnt good second half we had enough of the ball and enough territorial advantage but our final ball was poor. 

It required the centre back to come forward and produce the best pass of the game to get us the win.

A word on him, Edmondson was outstanding Crawley only had 1 upfront but it was a big one and I dont think George lost a header against him all game. Definitely a future captain here. He's barking out the instructions and who better to be a mentor to him than the guy who plays next to him. MOM and deservedly so.

Really good to see the players come over and celebrate the goal all together with fans like that it develops a bond and shows a togetherness and a team spirit. Good to see all the team and staff come on at the end and do a huddle I can clearly see a team spirit developing here its good to see it will get us through any tough times we have.

Our manager; its still early days but that wasn't just a manager coming over at the end to thank the fans as a good bit of PR, this really means something to him. We would all have taken top 6 at the beginning of september, their is still more to come from this team I think we can still go up a gear or 2.

I still dont think we will go up at the moment, optimism and confidence is rising do we really have anything to fear right now?

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I think the one thing we learned from today is that Sam Graham is no right back. Static, cumbersome and cannot pass for toffee, how he started in front of Hamer is an absolute mystery and bordering on criminal, he should only be used as cover for Clarke and George at CB because he kills us down the right and was a liability - Hamer when he came on offered us balance an outlet and positionally he has a football brain.

Second point is the front two, Baxter/O'Grady doesn't work for me and for all the huff and puff is pretty ineffective,  Baxter has to play deeper and when he did today he pulled Crawley apart, let him run the game from the centre of the park.

Onwards and upwards and a big game next week, win that and it will be a great day out in Grimsby.

Gardner ruined a lot of good work by  giving the ball away too much.

His shooting boots were on the wrong feet too.

You could be right, Lydon and Baxter are both now in prime position for his role.

Edited by BP1960

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Gardner ruined a lot if good work by  giving the ball away too much.

His shooting boots were on the wrong feet too.

You could be right, Lydon and Baxter are both now in prime position for his role.

Never thought OWTB would be targeted by hackers :lol:

Edited by Ryan