That Ollie Palmer has been getting rave reviews for them and was linked with a move away before the deadline, even though he only signed recently.

I know im only judging him after one game, but George Edmunson made him look absolute dog shit.

5 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

That Ollie Palmer has been getting rave reviews for them and was linked with a move away before the deadline, even though he only signed recently.

I know im only judging him after one game, but George Edmunson made him look absolute dog shit.

Surprised reading that. I literally thought he was the worst footballer i’d ever seen. That Macclesfield striker looked like Messi compared to this guy.

1 hour ago, bluehobbit said:

A strange game again. Crawley offered little going forward but could have had 2 goals before half time. They were a cynical team who went down at the merest hint of physical contact and the ref pandered to it..

But somehow without creating loads of chances we won, Can Baxter play as with drawn striker? and be effective I felt he was on the periphery of the game a lot.  we huffed and we puffed and we kept going how many times over the years would we have lost that or drawn. 

Iverson - could he have done better with the goal? Good pen save and everything else was routine for him

Hunt - a solid game and linked well with Nepo first half

Clarke - usual solid stuff

Edmunson - Did well against there number 9 and good composure for the cross late on - becoming a real player for me

Graham - Isn't an attacking full back will grow into a center half for sure - blowing out of his backside late on - did he give the pen away? Looked a soft decision

Branger - some promising moments but we don't get him far enough forward

Missilou - Could have given a pen away in the first minute and one or two other poor tackles but much improved from last week

Gardner - at his frustrating "best" gave the ball away loads after doing the hard work to get away from his man or win the ball back

Nepo - Excellent first half could have had a 2nd goal worked hard, 2nd half didnt get the ball as much

Baxter - on the edges of the game when he went in the midfield pulled the strings for a time but the killer pass didnt come off, his class will tell in him it's just where is his best position for the team

O'Grady - Won everything in the air but had no one to read his flicks

Sturridge - worked the line and proved a different threat a big asset for his this season i think

Laing - looked a bit light weight but gives us something we dont have much of and his mobility and movement could be good for us to use

Hamer- Did fine when he came 

A good, informed summary.  Useful for those of us who are unable to get to the games.  Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Boys in Blue said:

Gardner not at his best today but I respect the lad for him continuously taking responsibility even when he knew he wasn’t having a good day. Not in good form but showed great character. 

If Baxter were fit enough, he’s got to play centre midfield.

He was almost very very good, did the hard work, produced great skills and then messed it up straight away!

Either careless or too confident at times but think him and Jose worked well together overall.

I know some folk don’t rate him but he did the defensive work well even though he wasn’t at his best.

I’ll get slated for saying it, but I’d take that effort over someone who is a 9 out of 10 some weeks but a 3 out of 10 on other weeks. 

Others will see it differently, but Gardner will be important for us this year 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Surprised reading that. I literally thought he was the worst footballer i’d ever seen. That Macclesfield striker looked like Messi compared to this guy.

What was pleasing was Edmundson's improved timing when jumping in the air, last season he wouldn't have won most of those headers.

Dare I say it, we might have a very valuable player on our hands? 

Edited by BP1960

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

So far 11 points over 6 games = 1.833 points per game. Over 46 games thats 84 points which is enough to get the 3rd automatic promotion spot last year. 

Win next week and we'll be on track for the top spot :D

Couldn't go today due to work commitments but I genuinely can't remember the last time I felt so confident of a home win. Even with only a few minutes to go, I was expecting a winner. 

I think we've already shown that we have more than enough to be well well clear of the bottom, despite the fears of many fans a month ago. We now have to see if we can carry on against some of the bigger sides.

Over 4000 home fans too in what is a pretty uninspiring fixture is a positive sign too.

4 hours ago, bluehobbit said:

A strange game again. Crawley offered little going forward but could have had 2 goals before half time. They were a cynical team who went down at the merest hint of physical contact and the ref pandered to it..

But somehow without creating loads of chances we won, Can Baxter play as with drawn striker? and be effective I felt he was on the periphery of the game a lot.  we huffed and we puffed and we kept going how many times over the years would we have lost that or drawn. 

Iverson - could he have done better with the goal? Good pen save and everything else was routine for him

Hunt - a solid game and linked well with Nepo first half

Clarke - usual solid stuff

Edmunson - Did well against there number 9 and good composure for the cross late on - becoming a real player for me

Graham - Isn't an attacking full back will grow into a center half for sure - blowing out of his backside late on - did he give the pen away? Looked a soft decision

Branger - some promising moments but we don't get him far enough forward

Missilou - Could have given a pen away in the first minute and one or two other poor tackles but much improved from last week

Gardner - at his frustrating "best" gave the ball away loads after doing the hard work to get away from his man or win the ball back

Nepo - Excellent first half could have had a 2nd goal worked hard, 2nd half didnt get the ball as much

Baxter - on the edges of the game when he went in the midfield pulled the strings for a time but the killer pass didnt come off, his class will tell in him it's just where is his best position for the team

O'Grady - Won everything in the air but had no one to read his flicks

Sturridge - worked the line and proved a different threat a big asset for his this season i think

Laing - looked a bit light weight but gives us something we dont have much of and his mobility and movement could be good for us to use

Hamer- Did fine when he came 

Steady on, lad. Important to get behind the team etc., but.......... 

1 hour ago, Boys in Blue said:

Agreed BP. I hope he plays Haymer next week. Better to develop him than put Sam Graham in a position that doesn’t suit him. With Haymer, we’ll have a player of real value if he gets more games under his belt 

What's happened to the envelope?

HAMER !!!