Wages surely not again ?

9 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Who ‘in’?

A good question that nobody will be able to answer.

Saw this on Twitter and it does have a kernel of wisdom in it...

Christopher Webb
‏

@christhebeat
 32m32 minutes ago
More
Replying to @PhilTor62
Seems Social media has made football fans become so entitled and feel they’re owed an explanation over about every little thing and if they don’t get it just make shit up I think a lot of people on the #oafc need to take a few days off and get over themselves.

I hope this latest rumour is not true but I stick with my original comment...when the players cross the line, they give it 100% professionalism and commitment...regardless, because the fans have paid their hard-earned money.

2 minutes ago, Handsy said:

I take a lot of what  is said on here with a pinch of salt but if this is true I hope the players go on strike  

Why? It probably won't help them get paid any quicker and it certainly won't help the club when the points are lost.
It would be a fruitless exercise.

38 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You can probably join the dots Pete.

My PFA source says they were informed (again) this afternoon. Could drag on until after the cup tie.

If this is true, then I believe it’s time that Lemsagam was called to account. It’s pretty soul destroying for me as a fan so I can only guess at what it is doing to the players. 

We can only hope that the fact that the players want to play for Bunn (see comments by Miller), will avert any strike action.

If the players continue to give their all, then they deserve massive credit and our support. As for Abdallah...that’s a different story ?

How much income does the club bring in per month? with over 3000 season tickets sold at the start of the season and that money used to cover previous debt i just cant see how we are making anything ..away fans are really the only pay on the day customers and league 2 clubs dont bring that many, im thinking AL has bitten off a lot more than he can chew and he will be hanging onto the hope of a cup run to save his arse..If its true and they havent been paid again then theres no more excuses for the bloke, old debts from Corney should have been sorted, im sick of reading the same shit feel sorry for him statement on the official site every month when he fails to meet his obligations as a football club owner..

13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If this is true, then I believe it’s time that Lemsagam was called to account. It’s pretty soul destroying for me as a fan so I can only guess at what it is doing to the players. 

We can only hope that the fact that the players want to play for Bunn (see comments by Miller), will avert any strike action.

If the players continue to give their all, then they deserve massive credit and our support. As for Abdallah...that’s a different story ?

Called to account by who? 

If the players give their all, it's called professionalism, which in turn deserves our support. It's a two way street, no matter the circumstances.

Supporting them is all the fans can do because the machinations of the club are way beyond the control of the fans.

1 minute ago, Handsy said:

If the bloke is putting in £200,000 a month like he said he is then wages should be paid on time    So either he isn’t  or he needs to put it in a bit earlier 

We don't actually know if the wages haven't been paid. At the moment, it is pure [twitter] speculation.

Nothing from Keegan, as of yet...seeing as we hang on his every word...apparently.

39 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Be careful what u wish for ?

The wages were frequently not paid on time around now by Corney. 

Even when we beat Mansfield on TV in the 2nd round we needed to beat them to afford to pay the wages (we played Liverpool). 

That being said, as we have played one less away game this month than we should have, and earned £10k for beating Bradford I am more concerned about the non-payment of wages on time this month. 

Given that we are due to get £10k for beating Everton last night, £75k for being on TV and then £36k should we beat Hampton and Richmond next month. AL really has to pay the wages properly next month otherwise I think the authorities will be stepping in. 

Edited by rudemedic

Is anybody surprised? 

Really? 

I will never ever understand why owners won’t come out and just say I’m really struggling.  They all seem cut from the same cloth. ‘I’ve made a few quid, I know best.’ There always seem to be a mistrust of leaning on the community with honesty, and integrity. I for one, would be more inclined to help the club in whatever small way I could if he just said I’m sorry, I’m in over my head can you help? It’s our club. It’s our community. At the very least talk to us. He might be surprised what the people of the town can offer. 

Edited by League one forever
  • Like 1

I really hope this months wages have been paid on time because even if his intentions aren't the same he will soon start to come over in the same way Corney did, I'm not talking about knowing the ins and outs of a business here I was merely hoping that the new owner could get the fundamentals right like paying staff on time,  you can bet your bottom dollar other bills are now going unpaid and the situation is just going to get worse not better, it's all well and good putting it out there that fans are so important and it's our club but all this secretive cloak and dagger shite is what really gets my goat.

No doubt we will be drip fed more bollocks and poison over the next few days killing any positivity gained from the win on Tuesday night and we go round the cycle again. Fucked off with it all tbh. 

17 hours ago, deyres42 said:

You can probably join the dots Pete.

My PFA source says they were informed (again) this afternoon. Could drag on until after the cup tie.

48 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They've been paid...

So a lot can happen in 17 hours huh deyres42?