Maidstone (A)

26 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Wow! How prejudiced is that? Typical ignorant southerners.

22 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

ah, see what you've done there :)

Funny thing was, there were more posts praising our support!

"450 seasoned EFL away supporters, in a shed with decent accoustics. The bouncers aren't going to know what's hit them. "

"As I said before I have watched Oldham against my team qpr a few times. And dispite not huge numbers their support is always really loud singing. "
"They have never been a glamour club but they have always had a good solid fan base who travel in fairly good numbers and are always very very vocal, and scared of very little, might just be too intimidating for our younger fans in the EE. "

"Should be a cracking atmosphere!! "
"Based on previous encounters with there fans they will sing an shout from the moment they get inside the ground will certainly be noisy bunch of fans. "
"Nobody is going to be winding up Oldham fans in pubs; it's not what we do. The last time there was aggro it was probably the Dover boys. Our own youth hid upstairs at McDonald's while the police chased them around town. "

That sounds good to me, cask ale too!!🍺

Will I be O K in The Swan with my clogs, flat cap and whippet. No one will know I am an Oldham fan if I don't speak. They won't know the blue top with an owl on it is designer gear!

Singe - Can you ask Garry for two bitters and half of coke (for our wheel woman) about 1.00pm please?

Cheers - Brian.

1 hour ago, singe said:

Can I  plug a mate of mine's pub in Maidstone Town Centre? Gary , who is the landlord.

He's a Liverpool and Maidstone fan. Until a couple of years ago he was a work colleague, decent bloke trying to earn a living in a tough industry, so I thought I'd do my best for him.

It's not he biggest pub, but a few of you popping in will help.

Not much  more than a 5-10 min walk (8 min average) from the ground. 0.4 mile.

Cheers

The Swan
County Road, Maidstone ME14 1UY

https://www.swanmaidstone.co.uk/home

DtQDYp6X4AEy6at.jpg

Just now, Millibob said:

That sounds good to me, cask ale too!!🍺

Will I be O K in The Swan with my clogs, flat cap and whippet. No one will know I am an Oldham fan if I don't speak. They won't know the blue top with an owl on it is designer gear!

Singe - Can you ask Garry for two bitters and half of coke (for our wheel woman) about 1.00pm please?

Cheers - Brian.

He''l be used to it, how do you think I turned up for work....?!!! 😉
You will be more than welcomed. He knows 99.9% are decent.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

A broken clock is right twice a day.

I am actually prepared to believe he is on £4k a week or atleast he was last season he may have had to take a pay cut due to relegation.

I don't get why he'd be on that much money though, it doesn't make sense.  Menig played for Ajax/Nantes so can see why he was paid what it was reported.  Byrne and Doyle coming from championship clubs, so the big wages there I understand too.  But Maouche who came from the French 3rd division wouldn't have been earning anywhere near that.

5 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Some amusing comments on the Maidstone forum, including this gem.....

"....It should be an interesting few hours in the pubs before the game but hopefully the coppers will let them enjoy themselves and not cause aggravation with their heavy handed tactics. If you come across any Oldham fans try talking to them and not winding them up I am sure they are open to conversations but will turn nasty if provoked so for the sake of your unbroken noses keep the banter very light and cheerful..."

Brilliant!! I'm pretty sure that is similar to the advice they give you when you go on safari :) 

Is that real? 

5 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Is that real? 

Yes, there are 3 courses of action:

Any members of the snowflake generation on here can probably claim it's an anti-Northern hate crime and seek counselling.

Those of us over 30/40/50 will just piss ourselves laughing.

Those over 60/70/80 will just piss themselves anyway. 

6 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Yes, there are 3 courses of action:

Any members of the snowflake generation on here can probably claim it's an anti-Northern hate crime and seek counselling.

Those of us over 30/40/50 will just piss ourselves laughing.

Those over 60/70/80 will just piss themselves anyway. 

Over 70 and all mine rns into a bag so no worries.

7 hours ago, nzlatic said:

I don't get why he'd be on that much money though, it doesn't make sense.  Menig played for Ajax/Nantes so can see why he was paid what it was reported.  Byrne and Doyle coming from championship clubs, so the big wages there I understand too.  But Maouche who came from the French 3rd division wouldn't have been earning anywhere near that.

Chap in front of me on Tuesday reckons its 11k a week. 😏

23 hours ago, U.S. Blues said:

ESPN+ here in the states. 7 day free trial if not signed up already then auto payments of 5$ or 6$ A month. I got it for the 1st FA cup game vs Hampton. They must have just changed to Latics because last I checked they were broadcasting a different game at 9:55am EST.  

The wife and kids got off easy With Hampton being played on a Monday with work and all.  Their luck has officially run out.

That's 3 Latics converts then.

Seeing as it's being shown live on  ESPN and they are charging for it I wonder if Maidstone and Latics get any EXTRA £££ from the FA

7 hours ago, laticsrblue said:

That's 3 Latics converts then.

Seeing as it's being shown live on  ESPN and they are charging for it I wonder if Maidstone and Latics get any EXTRA £££ from the FA

Yep £6750. 

Plus we may be able to get extra sponsorship, but that may have already been covered by the last round. 

21 hours ago, singe said:

Can I  plug a mate of mine's pub in Maidstone Town Centre? Gary , who is the landlord.

He's a Liverpool and Maidstone fan. Until a couple of years ago he was a work colleague, decent bloke trying to earn a living in a tough industry, so I thought I'd do my best for him.

It's not he biggest pub, but a few of you popping in will help.

Not much  more than a 5-10 min walk (8 min average) from the ground. 0.4 mile.

Cheers

The Swan
County Road, Maidstone ME14 1UY

https://www.swanmaidstone.co.uk/home

DtQDYp6X4AEy6at.jpg

Just giving a final plug to my mates pub. Cheers

23 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

According to this - http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions - only Miller is suspended. The only player who is 1 suspension away too is Olly Banks and Missilou was on there earlier this week....

Handy timing I think the cutoff date for a suspension for 5 cards was yesterday, it now takes 10 until sometime in March. 

Only our long list of crocks a problem.