1 minute ago, palmer1 said:

I agree but hes appointed Darren Ferguson 3 times. How forward thinking is he?

Still a decent appointment. We’ve done same in the past with shez...

The way this has been handled has been nothing short of shambolic... and to be fair, the way the clubs being run is shambolic! 

The trust need to be asking serious questions about AL and everything around it now. 

We will never move forward and improve with all these ridiculous politics behind the scenes and interference and mismanagement. 

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes true you can't compare a forward thinking chairman with the clown we've been lumbered with.

Surely this is backward looking... again. 

Edir. Beaten to it. 

Edited by kowenicki

24 minutes ago, Paul said:

Do you honestly think he will make any signings before the window closes or back a manager with signings that aren’t his?

Both Wellens and Bunn were given the opportunity to bring their own players in Both needed the job more than Scholes does. While he won't get total control if he wants to bring in a few of his own players he will get that chance. If not he will walk.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

He hardly turns up but hes been a regular in the last month besides didn't Salford have a game today.

If he was there today saw Baxter performance and saw his subsequent comments then the first thing he needs to do is give him a rocket and remind him what he had achieved by the same age.

What were Baxters’ comments?

6 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

I didn’t fancy ten pages of people chatting shite, now l’m all angry 🤬

Bad timing from Jose.

Jose needs to take a long hard look at himself. He’s been poor all season and wouldn’t have been in the starting XI if Maouche hadn’t been suspended 

Scholes would quit if AL interferes with team matters according to today's Sunday Mirror.

Despite extensive talks those guarantees have not yet been received.

Also says Pete Wild was told to change his line up for the Doncaster game.

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Scholes would quit if AL interferes with team matters according to today's Sunday Mirror.

So, to summarise, we’re screwed

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

From what to what? We’re hardly over blessed with options.

12 hours ago, losesome said:

Well since Bunn left 8 clubs have sacked their manager and all have replacements on a long term basis, latics still on game to game.

Mind you, we've only lost one of those matches before yesterday, dire as it was. You can't really ignore the fact that Wild has done a miraculous job in the circumstances. And I'm not an advocate for him to have the job either - it's too soon for him in his career IMO.

To be perfectly honest, the massive gap between appointing someone isn't grinding my gears as much as it is others seemingly. I think a couple of flat defeats adds weight to the debate though but Wild's unforeseen success has genuinely bought AL time in appointing someone long term. With someone as hands-on as AL likes to be, getting the right man in is absolutely key to me.

1 minute ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Mind you, we've only lost one of those matches before yesterday, dire as it was. You can't really ignore the fact that Wild has done a miraculous job in the circumstances. And I'm not an advocate for him to have the job either - it's too soon for him in his career IMO.

To be perfectly honest, the massive gap between appointing someone isn't grinding my gears as much as it is others seemingly. I think a couple of flat defeats adds weight to the debate though but Wild's unforeseen success has genuinely bought AL time in appointing someone long term. With someone as hands-on as AL likes to be, getting the right man in is absolutely key to me.

Unfortunately you forget that your mate AL is a complete moron.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Scholes really wants to do it and really wants to be a success on his own terms. 

I think if if he decides not to take it tomorrow then it’s a bad sign as it will confirm that the owner wants more involvement than is healthy. Buying players is not unusual these days, but deciding selections is. 

Edited by kowenicki

Im heading in that direction.... 

Nepo is a solid winger at league two level yet is stuck in an un-natural position. He's working had and actually improving as a full back but is he better than hunt / dummigan...not at thr moment. 

Branger shows flashes but needs to release the ball. His end product is average at best... 

Vera looks like he's way short of fitness and in ability although ive not seen enough to really judge. 

We're ridiculously light and not maximisng the few players we have at our disposal and this time next werk, a couple of defeats could all but see the season over. We needed an extra push in the last couple of weeks to continue the feeling after the Fulham game yet we've completely turned that good feeling around. 

Team for midweek

Iverson

Dummigan

Hamer

Edmundson

Hunt

Nepo

Missilou

Baxter

Branger

Lang

O'grady

About as good as we can get out of what we have at the moment.