23 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Working for our chairman though? nah

Seemingly Its not ideal for anyone to work with AL. IMO, if the next manager leaves double quick, then owner or not, I think AL’s position here would become untenable!

He has to get this next appointment right otherwise fans will turn against him in a big way.

Yeah imagine if the fans turned against him 😳

When were the fans ever with him ? 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

2 hours ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

To see Jim Frizzell's aces.

Before that 

Zigga Zagga ........

Those were the days! 70's and loads of local derbies with decent crowds on,

Walking up those steps into the chaddy and seeing the stands and pitch over the rise was a spiritual moment 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Those were the days! 70's and loads of local derbies with decent crowds on,

Walking up those steps into the chaddy and seeing the stands and pitch over the rise was a spiritual moment 

Yes recall my first time on the Chaddy early 1973 v Watford. Still at Junior school and trying to find a position on the old boards at the top right to see over the clouds of pipe smokers. Most of the neighbours went and us kids disappeared  to the top and adults lower down, much as with the athleticos  in the Earl Barratt /Rocky Road end these days. Memories and allegiances formed from this shared visceral experience and is why the club needs to welcome families if we are to survive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

You do tend to when you play four up front most weeks. 

Was just going to say the same, we conceded a lot as we just played all out attack. Irwin and Barlow were virtually as high up the pitch as Adams and Holden, we were often left with a back 2😂

• Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 11:15 AM, the_mighty_bosh said:

I just hope we don't hire anyone who has an affinity to Latics this time.  If we're going to sack a manager within 6 months I'd rather that they aren't likeable.

Finally Steve Evans has become an option I'd consider!

Agreed.

I actually hope we appoint someone none of us want. It would just be an opportunity missed if we appointed someone half-decent.

The fact we have a 132 page new manager thread sums up how depressing life as an Oldham fan is...it’s only a few months till it becomes a top thread again! Who was the manager we were talking about when this thread started?? Lee Johnson??

39 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

The fact we have a 132 page new manager thread sums up how depressing life as an Oldham fan is...it’s only a few months till it becomes a top thread again! Who was the manager we were talking about when this thread started?? Lee Johnson??

Ha, unbelievably, it was Frankie Bunn! On ly December, time flies!

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

For how good our defence was supposed to be back then, we shipped quite a lot of goals...

Harsh. We were the third highest scorers in the league when we managed to escape in 92/3.  We scored 6 more than second placed Villa. It’s just how we played. Attack, attack, attack. 

Third highest scorers and only safe on goal difference on the last day in 19th place!!  

Mad.  Was bloody great to watch. 

21 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Hughton just been sacked, surely a bit out of our league though.

2014-15: Kept Brighton in the Championship.
2015-16: Guided them to the play-offs.
2016-17: Promoted to the Premier League for the first time.
2017-18: Secured safety with a 15th place finish, on the
2018-19: Reached first FA Cup semi-final since 1983.

2nd lowest budget, only £78m, just the £75 million more than he would get from us.
Just a tad out of our league.

Edited by singe

He had a little purple patch ir ecalled, just looked and he doesn't seem to have managed for almost 2 years.
Last job was 62 points per season avg, same as us. but best spel was job beore that 69 points in a season average. A cpouple of a play off.

I wouldn't be beating a door down, but I doubt it would be dull...
He's putting himself about a bit if you look at his twitter account.

1 hour ago, singe said:

He had a little purple patch ir ecalled, just looked and he doesn't seem to have managed for almost 2 years.
Last job was 62 points per season avg, same as us. but best spel was job beore that 69 points in a season average. A cpouple of a play off.

I wouldn't be beating a door down, but I doubt it would be dull...
He's putting himself about a bit if you look at his twitter account.

Kuqi?

• Like 1