16 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Sorry didn't make myself clear Shez got more points per game. However, as you say Sol Campbell getting that number of points per game at Macclesfield is an impressive achievement. 

Latics had a decent squad when Shez took charge, and a decent enough budget. You're also talking about a manger who had a wealth of managerial experience in Shez.

FWIW I think Campbell performed a miracle keeping Macclesfield in the division, especially with how tinpot that place truly is. Them and Morecambe are more than punching above weight.

23 minutes ago, youngen said:

Latics had a decent squad when Shez took charge, and a decent enough budget. You're also talking about a manger who had a wealth of managerial experience in Shez.

FWIW I think Campbell performed a miracle keeping Macclesfield in the division, especially with how tinpot that place truly is. Them and Morecambe are more than punching above weight.

Given our potential attendances next year, our training facilities and 3/4 of our stadium state not sure we can be throwing the tinpot jibe around to freely! 😊

4 minutes ago, singe said:

Given our potential attendances next year, our training facilities and 3/4 of our stadium state not sure we can be throwing the tinpot jibe around to freely! 😊

The Frizz stand is OK, the Chaddy could do with a little TLC and granted, the main stand needs replacing but to condemn 3/4 of the stadium is going a tad overboard!

51 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

The Frizz stand is OK, the Chaddy could do with a little TLC and granted, the main stand needs replacing but to condemn 3/4 of the stadium is going a tad overboard!

and the North Stand remains unfinished

4 hours ago, youngen said:

Macclesfield's new stand, the one that had some Oldham fans in it, was a better place to watch football than the North Stand at BP. 

It might be because there were fewer fans than in the North Stand (I'd think the % of capacity was about the same though), but I like to be able to get a drink and go to the loo at HT as opposed to choosing one or the other in order to see kick off. 

Edited by rudemedic

21 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

FWIW Sol Campbell is currently 5/4 favourite with Sky Bet.

He's proven me wrong this season, I thought he would have too much of an ego to be respected at Macc, but keeping them up was a very good achievement.  

I'd be happy enough with him, but I'm not sure why he would want to join us.  Surely he could get a more stable job than us?

27 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Think it would be worth finding out if Askey still fancies it. He still sounded interested mid season with Port Vale https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-john-askey-oldham-2699054

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2019/05/john-askey-offered-new-port-vale-contract-as-he-praises-genuine-and-nice-club-owners/

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Steve Evans. Would donate to medical science to make that happen. 

I'd love to be around if Lemsagam told Evans what team to pick. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

I think Mo Lemsagam would do a better job. 

I think I'd do a better job.

21 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

I'd rather have you incharge than Clark 

I'd put my 6 year old in charge before Clark. My lad knows more about tactics already. I would rather burn than have that orange, Jordie, walking tooth whitening advert, prune. 

Edited by ChrisRichard
  • Like 1

Wouldn’t want Clark FFS!! or Campbell who would be off at the first opportunity.

Cant be doing with Keith Hill or Steve Evans but they’re tried and tested at this level and I’d be happy with either of them at the club.

Keeping Rochdale in the 1st division with poor crowds and a shite budget was no mean feat and Evans record of success speaks for itself.

Whether they could both work with the Lemmy’s is another matter....it would be interesting to say the least🤣

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Wouldn’t want Clark FFS!! or Campbell who would be off at the first opportunity.

Cant be doing with Keith Hill or Steve Evans but they’re tried and tested at this level and I’d be happy with either of them at the club.

Keeping Rochdale in the 1st division with poor crowds and a shite budget was no mean feat and Evans record of success speaks for itself.

Whether they could both work with the Lemmy’s is another matter....it would be interesting to say the least🤣

Nobody can. Not even Pete Wild and he was a decent bloke doing his dream job.

• Like 8