10 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Wouldn't the smart move be to announce it today but say Wild is in charge tonight? Thus creating a feelgood factor but also absolving blame for any loss?

No chance the announcement will be made any other way than AL being sat next to Scholes on SSN giving it the big 'un. Loves the camera too much. 

1 hour ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Wouldn't the smart move be to announce it today but say Wild is in charge tonight? Thus creating a feelgood factor but also absolving blame for any loss?

My guess is that it would be reported and maybe expected that Scholes would pop inot the Dressing Room and rally the troops, but of course we might lose being so under strength.

One thing I did wonder is if the players will know before hand (if it is happening no counting my chickens) and a) give a performance for PW, and b) a performance for the new boss. Although the perofrmances of the last two games when he was linked with us don't support that!

Edited by singe

35 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Must be true then

i was going to be very disparaging about that guy, but he was 4 days ahead revealing Miller to Tranmere. And first to name Callum Lang joining us in August. However, Callum Lang going back in Jan wasn't news,
He stated there was interest in Hamer and Jonny Smith (Bristol City) might join us, but nothing concrete and it may have been a possibility.
He was first to name Surridge as far as I can see (well apart from @BP1960 of course!! )
He was not aprticualrly ahead of the curve with Bunn in June though.
So a degree of credibility.

Edited by singe

4 hours ago, Clifford said:

No chance the announcement will be made any other way than AL being sat next to Scholes on SSN giving it the big 'un. Loves the camera too much. 

And why the he'll not?

Seriously I'm quite critical of AL for plenty of very justified reasons Interference, random sackings, a poor recruitment policy and general volatility.

Surely one of the biggest incentives for anyone who gets involved in a football club to get the opportunity to work alongside a world famous footballer. Let's face it he's not going to make any financial games from this. 

2 minutes ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

When do Latics usually do their pressers/briefings?

I’d say in my opinion it will be announced tomorrow and the presser will have to be Thursday if he’s on charge on Saturday, if not it’ll probably be early next week

9 hours ago, samgoafc said:

To be fair O'Rourke is usually correct so I'd say it's believable, will wait until the club or more press announce it though

Come on let’s be honest here, unless Scholes has been doing some work in the back ground to bring players in,  not a lot is going to change (other than him (and not one of the Lemsagam brothers ) picking the team)) he’ll have the same pool of players to choose from , and most likely have to play the same formation 

Edited by mad4it

Sick of the circus now, been over a fucking month without the daft clown incharge opening his gob and giving any indication of where we’re at with a new manager...last seen smiling and loving life at craven cottage and then fucks off to Dubai.. are we going to do this during every transfer window in an attempt to save a few quid getting players in..

Lets hope people get paid this week..

6 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Sick of the circus now, been over a fucking month without the daft clown incharge opening his gob and giving any indication of where we’re at with a new manager...last seen smiling and loving life at craven cottage and then fucks off to Dubai.. are we going to do this during every transfer window in an attempt to save a few quid getting players in..

Lets hope people get paid this week..

You can shove your slowly slowly up your arse,

You can shove your slowly slowly up your arse, 

You can shove your slowly slowly, shove your slowly slowly, shove your slowly slowly up your arse - SIDEWAYS. 

1 draw and 3 defeats from the last four outings could well have damaged our chances for the rest of the season, losing against Morecambe would be unthinkable. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, samgoafc said:

I’d say in my opinion it will be announced tomorrow and the presser will have to be Thursday if he’s on charge on Saturday, if not it’ll probably be early next week

Yerah, the Sports Writers normally have a Thursday press briefing for Fridays papers. I'd say Thursday is their busiest day, albeit we won't get sole attention if it's Thursday. trying to guess, I'd imagine Scholes wants to downplay it a little bit,and get onw wwith it, rather than be the sole focus of attention. He knows the score though.