Pete Wild back

6 hours ago, LaticMark said:

"Oldham Athletic are delighted to announce that Pete Wild has been appointed as Head Coach until the end of the season."

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/march/22032019-pete-wild/

"Delighted" is a bit strong, although I genuinely wish Pete all the very best and would love to see him guide us to a few wins.

1 hour ago, laticsrblue said:

From Sky video.

Reporter "Has he (AL) ever asked you, told you who to play?"

Wild " (AL) No, never asked me to pick players",

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11730/11672621/oldham-owner-abdallah-lemsagam-denies-interfering-in-paul-scholes-team-selection

We shall see.

Edited by BP1960

I’m a sucker for a sob story, can’t  help but feel a teeny tiny bit sorry for AL. Sold a dud, religated when we need one win from 8, everyone on his back about non payment of wages when corney got away with it, now the shit hitting the fan with Scholes and like he says he owns nothing really.

25 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I’m a sucker for a sob story, can’t  help but feel a teeny tiny bit sorry for AL. Sold a dud, religated when we need one win from 8, everyone on his back about non payment of wages when corney got away with it, now the shit hitting the fan with Scholes and like he says he owns nothing really.

You feel a bit sorry for a bloke that is single handedly destroying our club? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Well no, but I have a very small amount of sympathy. He’s brought all on his self and his a cunt, I like to think his heart was in the right place at first ! Like I say a sucker for a sob story 😔

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

You think this nutter is single handedly destroying our club?

Interesting 

I'm of the opinion this process started many years ago. Whoever he is whatever his intentions he took on a sunk ship not a sinking one. 

• Like 2

The answer by Wild could mean he wasn’t asked but was told who to play in other words he was presented with the team sheet. Pete is now closer to losing his job so will have no choice but to take suggestions and advice from Ab & Mo. 

6 hours ago, Goal89 said:

You think this nutter is single handedly destroying our club?

Interesting 

I'm of the opinion this process started many years ago. Whoever he is whatever his intentions he took on a sunk ship not a sinking one. 

I agree it has been a slow decline for years now, Abdallah is hastening the process. 

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Single handedly?

What about corney, blitz and the council? They been good for us then?

Chris Moore prior to that is where it all began. 

For those that remember we were in administration and hours from liquidating. 

It's been a one way downhill street since then with Courney and crew then AL continually fucking up manager appointments. 

Just hope PW can bring some stability in results to the club this season and then see where the ground purchase and new manager appointment leaves us come August. 

16 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Scholes is going to look a right dick if we now go on a winning run.  I’d love that. 

The guy won't give it a second thought because he wasn't really bothered in the first place and I think it'll be a good while before he manages again, if at all.

1 hour ago, OLDHAMADE said:

The guy won't give it a second thought because he wasn't really bothered in the first place and I think it'll be a good while before he manages again, if at all.

In the light of that its probably a good thing he left, we need someone who actually gives a s**t about us.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Just an attempt to appease the supporters by putting a ‘fans man’ in, I’m not buying it. We all know what will happen regarding team selections. 

I think it’s more an attempt to not have to pay a manager/head coach until next season, isn’t it? 

1 hour ago, True Tic said:

In the light of that its probably a good thing he left, we need someone who actually gives a s**t about us.

I couldn't agree more but I think after what's gone on, we need to look closer to home

4 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I think it’s more an attempt to not have to pay a manager/head coach until next season, isn’t it? 

My thinking is he’s getting a guy in whom the fans like so there is less chance of a boycott/protest at the next or coming matches? 

This does confuse me. The way he was treated in terms of chucked out.

The contacts to the Royton community not naming names, being one of us.

If all what the rumours and we are true, why hasn’t he f*cked it off, surely the money from this compared to his current role can’t be that much different and from the above I’d hope he wouldn’t sell his soul for it.

Just very confusing. I couldn’t give a f*ck. I think he’s ok. Just think he was treated like sh*t and now people have come crawling back he’s took it on again. Surely if it was as bad as people say he’d have stuck two fingers up, well I hope he would have.

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️