Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

16 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Which is what everyone should be saying really... I’m a little bit surprised certain people have suddenly become apologists for TTA, having spent years slagging off them and the North Stand situation. 

It might all all be fine of course.  These are just questions from a lawyer which are easily answered if it’s all legit. 

So who else will have had this?  Corney, Brooke, who else? 

I am presuming the same lawyers carried out the due diligence?

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Possibly? So what? People need to stop thinking that due diligence in M&A activity is always an all seeing eye. It isn’t.

Maybe, but we are talking basic checks here.

The deal with Brassbank was a friendly deal, so no doubt that there will holes and Blitz and Corney will have to pay any consequences for careltessness and rightly so. But the Council was also a friendly party, and reading the publicly available info, certian individuals will have had to received a simialr letter. Clearly much depends on the documentary backup, which they are clearly lacking.

18 minutes ago, singe said:

Clearly much depends on the documentary backup, which they are clearly lacking.

Yes good luck with getting either party to disclose anything that they don't really need to. :D

Funny how a comprehensive set of accounts can't be leaked through the same channels.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Yes good luck with getting either party to disclose anything that they don't really need to. :D

Funny how a comprehensive set of accounts can't be leaked through the same channels.

Ha!
And not revela anything self incriminating.
I hope Simon B has really good lawyers to sort them out.

42 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It certainly evidences why a trust representative might be reluctant to take up a board position 

It does.

You could also argue the opposite and that both previous incumbents have done quite well out of it.  

David Seligman @ Brandsmiths, used to work at CM solicitors.... who sponsored the back of our shirts during Corney’s time. It says on their website that he advised the club on a wide range of issue. Maybe he can help Brandsmiths in their investigation?

https://www.cmsolicitors.co.uk/people/david-seligman-crime-sports-law

• Advising Oldham Athletic FC on a wide range of legal issues, including player sales and managerial appointments

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

David Seligman @ Brandsmiths, used to work at CM solicitors.... who sponsored the back of our shirts during Corney’s time. It says on their website that he advised the club on a wide range of issue. Maybe he can help Brandsmiths in their investigation?

• Advising Oldham Athletic FC on a wide range of legal issues, including player sales and managerial appointments

Covered under “Privilege”.

He would lose his License to practice Law if he shared confidential information.

I have no idea what they're hoping to gain from this. More than likely Corney filled his boots from the deal, he was the 97% owner and didn't give a fuck what anyone else on the Board thought (hence loads of people joining and leaving soon after). Even if he proves it was all a big scheme to shaft the club nobody is going to just hand the OEC over to him.

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Which is what everyone should be saying really... I’m a little bit surprised certain people have suddenly become apologists for TTA, having spent years slagging off them and the North Stand situation. 

It might all all be fine of course.  These are just questions from a lawyer which are easily answered if it’s all legit. 

So who else will have had this?  Corney, Brooke, who else? 

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Which would be illegal...

34 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I have no idea what they're hoping to gain from this. More than likely Corney filled his boots from the deal, he was the 97% owner and didn't give a fuck what anyone else on the Board thought (hence loads of people joining and leaving soon after). Even if he proves it was all a big scheme to shaft the club nobody is going to just hand the OEC over to him.

maybe querying the ownership of the Royle stand and the landlords right to sell it?

poss spanner in the works for the FLG buying it from landlords.

on going dispute possibly tying all up in legal stuff for a bit.

just my thoughts.

bit naughty that leaked letter. Surely GDPR breached and I know Si B has been away most of this week as well. 

5 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Possibly? So what? People need to stop thinking that due diligence in M&A activity is always an all seeing eye. It isn’t.

I honestly believe if AL had got any further into this due diligence (if that is possible with hidden pop up debts like the Perimeter Boards etc.) we wouldn't have a club right now for 1 of two reasons:

1) either the amount of time it would've taken to unravel all the previous owners shit would've seen the already closing walls of frozen bank accounts, player embargoes, HMRC court orders close in and finish us off (so it was get us bought and tackle what came next) or

2) he would've said "fuck this" and walked. And there would've been nobody coming in after him.

We were on the absolute edge around that time. Apparently things are worse now tho (unless folk this it is just about league positions) 😳

8 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I honestly believe if AL had got any further into this due diligence (if that is possible with hidden pop up debts like the Perimeter Boards etc.) we wouldn't have a club right now for 1 of two reasons:

1) either the amount of time it would've taken to unravel all the previous owners shit would've seen the already closing walls of frozen bank accounts, player embargoes, HMRC court orders close in and finish us off (so it was get us bought and tackle what came next) or

2) he would've said "fuck this" and walked. And there would've been nobody coming in after him.

We were on the absolute edge around that time. Apparently things are worse now tho (unless folk this it is just about league positions) 😳

Bury are a millions miles worse off than us and they had plenty of interest before theywent under. 

At least now (as if it wasn’t already to plenty of us) it’s obvious that the underlying reason for your unwillingness to accept a crook for what he is in Al is that you think he’s the only person who would have saved us from oblivion.

And as for your last comment, you know full well this isn’t about league positions so stick your silly fucking emojis up your naive arse.

48 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Bury are a millions miles worse off than us and they had plenty of interest before theywent under. 

At least now (as if it wasn’t already to plenty of us) it’s obvious that the underlying reason for your unwillingness to accept a crook for what he is in Al is that you think he’s the only person who would have saved us from oblivion.

And as for your last comment, you know full well this isn’t about league positions so stick your silly fucking emojis up your naive arse.

Ahhh, the dimmest bulb in the box has spoken...Bury had that much interest willing to part with their money.....that they went BUST! You fool 😅

AL parted with his money and still does. Bellends like you want to drive him out. Some of us want him to learn from mistakes (some he has, some he hasn't) and are ok with giving him the time to do that. 

And we both know if we start going up the league table it'll go quiet again. So stick that up your naive arse 👍

Am I understanding this correctly that you want the Trust - who you think are useless - to approach the parties who were interested in buying Bury (but didn’t) and suddenly not be useless and present compelling reasons that they should instead buy our club (which isn’t actually for sale)? 

12 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Am I understanding this correctly that you want the Trust - who you think are useless - to approach the parties who were interested in buying Bury (but didn’t) and suddenly not be useless and present compelling reasons that they should instead buy our club (which isn’t actually for sale)? 

No, that's Emily Thornberry... 

No-one or group would in any way want to buy the club at the moment, until all this is sorted out. No matter what we want, AL isn't going anywhere. He may think that he can get his hands on the OEC without paying a penny for it, or at least be part owner, if proof can't be found as to what went on in 2016.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Some of us want him to learn from mistakes (some he has, some he hasn't) and are ok with giving him the time to do that. 

I would think that the majority want him to learn from his mistakes.  My problem with him is that I can't see where he is learning.

Is there one single aspect of the club that is currently flourishing or at least on the up under his ownership? I am genuinely looking for positives but am struggling.

Archived