Our Adversarial Trust

The Trust's Original Letter also available on the club's response above. The following passages I feel are most telling;

Our complaint that restrictions placed by the Club over much of the important information provided to the Trust prevent the Trust from fulfilling its core purpose of reporting back to its membership and the wider fan base in a meaningful way.The Trust also wishes to express dismay at the Club’s failure to respect the Trust’s position as a Shareholder of the Club.

The Trust’s rights as a Shareholder have been utterly ignored by the Club in respect of the 2017/18 Accounts. On Page 4 of the Accounts there are two statements, both of which are demonstrably wrong;

• On Page 4 there is a statement that all members have agreed to the preparation of abridged accounts. This is simply untrue.
  • Page 4 of the 2017/18 Abridged Accounts also states that the Accounts comply with FRS 102 Schedule 1A. The Accounts as filed do not comply because they are not full accounts as required due to the Trust having, as a member, requested them.

...therefore [the club] would welcome a change in the current hostile atmosphere through mutual respect and regular dialogue

You couldn't really make it up could you? They don't even realise or acknowledge that the hostile atmosphere has been virtually all been generated by themselves with a puffed-out chest attitude (perfectly illustrated at the fans forum), random fan-bans and the ludicrous public spat with the OEC / FLG. Oh the irony.

7 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

You couldn't really make it up could you? They don't even realise or acknowledge that the hostile atmosphere has been virtually all been generated by themselves with a puffed-out chest attitude (perfectly illustrated at the fans forum), random fan-bans and the ludicrous public spat with the OEC / FLG. Oh the irony.

Exactly, this is up there with the accusations of nepotism. 

15 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

I’m also a little concerned that our trust director and recently appointed member to the Club Board, has signed his business up to the 125 Club, effectively handing Abdallah money.

It beggars belief.

he needs to resign he’s a joke of the highest order and I’m amazed the Trust are happy to be associated with him 

On 12/24/2019 at 11:06 AM, OAFC1984 said:

he needs to resign he’s a joke of the highest order and I’m amazed the Trust are happy to be associated with him 

The trust is standing up to the club and we have to give them credit for that. We haven’t seen that from previous incarnations of Trust Oldham.

They own 3 per cent of the club and will use the rights that that gives them. The club know that and don’t like it, which is why the club has gone on the defensive with responses like this. 

The trust is most definitely turning the screw. Well done. Keep it up.

7 minutes ago, Andy b said:

The trust is standing up to the club and we have to give them credit for that. We haven’t seen that from previous incarnations of Trust Oldham.

They own 3 per cent of the club and will use the rights that that gives them. The club know that and don’t like it, which is why the club has gone on the defensive with responses like this. 

The trust is most definitely turning the screw. Well done. Keep it up.

Ain't u on the trust 🤔

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2019 at 7:36 PM, sjk2008 said:

I’m also a little concerned that our trust director and recently appointed member to the Club Board, has signed his business up to the 125 Club, effectively handing Abdallah money.

It beggars belief.

On 12/24/2019 at 11:06 AM, OAFC1984 said:

I don't know the fella personally and don't follow the Trust because I think they are an unimportant sideshow but hasn't this been a recurring theme with Trust Oldham? (i.e. a Trust director gets elected onto the board of the club and then appears to "feather his/her own nest" and enjoy all the trappings that come with the position).

2 hours ago, 4oakslatic said:

I’ve just seen on twitter that Tracy has resigned from the trust. Is this true? If so thank you for your hard work. Can you explain why you’ve gone? 

Awww, thank you for your kind word. Wow, I am on twitter....good news travels fast eh...

My resignations has to be accepted at the March meeting by the rest of the board. 

Nothing sinister honest, its more a clash of personalities with a fellow director and the working relationship has been deteriorating over several months. This was having an unfair impact on the rest of the Trust team and distracting us from what we should be doing. Sometimes, I can be like the proverbial dog with a bone. grrrrrrrrr

As we all know in working life we meet people we don't get along with but we have to find a way to work with them for the benefit of the business. I decided as a volunteer that I am unable to make that commitment to work with this person anymore.

Additionally, I have just launched a small business and I really need to concentrate on giving it a good go......yikes

42 minutes ago, underdog said:

Awww, thank you for your kind word. Wow, I am on twitter....good news travels fast eh...

My resignations has to be accepted at the March meeting by the rest of the board. 

Nothing sinister honest, its more a clash of personalities with a fellow director and the working relationship has been deteriorating over several months. This was having an unfair impact on the rest of the Trust team and distracting us from what we should be doing. Sometimes, I can be like the proverbial dog with a bone. grrrrrrrrr

As we all know in working life we meet people we don't get along with but we have to find a way to work with them for the benefit of the business. I decided as a volunteer that I am unable to make that commitment to work with this person anymore.

Additionally, I have just launched a small business and I really need to concentrate on giving it a good go......yikes

If you can't work with someone and the clashes are damaging, you just have to bite the bullet and say, "enough is enough".

I know how it feels; I walked away from a managerial position I had been in for years, but could no longer work with, or for, a bunch of directors who were more like dictators. It can only go downhill once the rot sets in.

Good luck with your new venture, Tracy. I hope it goes well for you and I wish you every success.

Archived