Playing squad, summer 2020

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Perhaps the budgets in the NL next season will be commensurately smaller

"We asked if the figure mentioned at the recent fans forum was correct at £200k per month and Abdallah said sometimes more, sometimes less."

Sometimes less most months next season then...?

5 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

"We asked if the figure mentioned at the recent fans forum was correct at £200k per month and Abdallah said sometimes more, sometimes less."

Sometimes less most months next season then...?

Didn't the accounts that were submitted the other week show that it was nothing like 200k...? 

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Didn't the accounts that were submitted the other week show that it was nothing like 200k...? 

Believe so.

If we get £450k tv money, that leaves £450k to fund, or ~40k a month. And that doesn't include any ticketing income, or prize money etc.

If we're budgeting for 900k, that suggests he really doesn't want to put much money in at all, does it?

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

In the accounts thread it said we made a loss of £600k for 2018-19 so thats £50k a month.

However what Philipa highlighted and what I think is a major concern too is the £2million of trade creditors on the balance sheet. That suggests we owe alot of people money. As at the end of last season.

13 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Believe so.

If we get £450k tv money, that leaves £450k to fund, or ~40k a month. And that doesn't include any ticketing income, or prize money etc.

If we're budgeting for 900k, that suggests he really doesn't want to put much money in at all, does it?

Pretty sure there are other costs other than the playing budget.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The gaffer reckons we have a budget of 900k, which he says is a budget you would usually find in the National League...

If my math's are correct, (a bit iffy these days) that's about an average £700pw for a squad of 25. No wonder we are missing out on signings.

5 minutes ago, al_bro said:

If my math's are correct, (a bit iffy these days) that's about an average £700pw for a squad of 25. No wonder we are missing out on signings.

Eh? 

Don’t you mean circa 17k a week? 

£700 pw would mean we’re paying our top earner £40 a week. Hang on. . . you might be right. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Eh? 

Don’t you mean circa 17k a week? 

£700 pw would mean we’re paying our top earner £40 a week. Hang on. . . you might be right. 

If you divide 25 into £17K, its roughly £700 each a week

18 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Medical

Transport

Hotels. 

Being less flippant for a second, I'm going to try and have a look what he does pay for.

I don't think the hotels is too significant, I don't think we stay over that often.

The Ground staff are on the Contact Us page.

CEO.

Admin

Ticket staff.

Electricity/Utility

Catering

Media

Will try and find out a bit more

13 minutes ago, al_bro said:

That's an average of about £860pw then. Still not much these days. Hope they can keep them fit.

I’ve always found interesting how a club divides its budget- no matter the level. 

17k for 20 players 

4 @ 1500 pw

6 @ 1000 pw

10 @ 500 pw. 

Do people think that’s fair, or it’s weighted differently? 

1 minute ago, singe said:

Being less flippant for a second, I'm going to try and have a look what he does pay for.

I don't think the hotels is too significant, I don't think we stay over that often.

CEO.

Admin

Ticket staff.

Electricity/Utility

Catering

Media

Yeah, I don’t think fans always grasp the Cost of the non playing side of any football club. 

9 minutes ago, singe said:

CEO.

Admin

Ticket staff.

Electricity/Utility

Catering

Media

I guess the foreign players start in a hotel, then share houses. No doubt the hotel bill will be picked up by the club, but the rent when they move into a house, will be down to them. That's an expense which could be avoided by not signing foreign players.

6 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I guess the foreign players start in a hotel, then share houses. No doubt the hotel bill will be picked up by the club, but the rent when they move into a house, will be down to them. That's an expense which could be avoided by not signing foreign players.

Not really, you still have that when players are relocating from down south. 

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

True. The infamous Malmaison bill now psrings to mind. you'd hope we've not done that for a while.

but most of the French contingent must have a house by now surely? Most of the Jan signings were local.But th likes of McCann, Johnny Smith you are right.

6 hours ago, singe said:

CEO.

Admin

Ticket staff.

Electricity/Utility

Catering

Media

I also suspect that the owner/ club is still in the process of paying off industrial tribunals/ staff who have been sacked as well, all resources  that could have been better utilised if there hadn't been crazy mismanagement on an industrial scale 

It would seem most are under whelmed with the standard of player signed or to be signed. Complain the owner doesn't appear to want to put too much money in and the reported budget is substandard. Yet are openly happy to tell the rest of the fans they ain't going till the owner leaves. You can't have it all ways round.

By all means vote with your feet, if that's your choice, but don't moan the club can't afford what you want.

Before the keyboards start clattering, I ain't saying the owner didn't need to buck up, nor Barry got everything right or it's all these pesky fans fault. The truth is somewhere in the middle of all that. For me the real rot started the day the 3A carved up the good for themselves and left us with the bad. Corney just drove in the final nails.

We are where we are now, and if we the fans don't at least try to back the club, then lets not moan and point the finger when it dies.

21 minutes ago, Lags said:

It would seem most are under whelmed with the standard of player signed or to be signed. Complain the owner doesn't appear to want to put too much money in and the reported budget is substandard. Yet are openly happy to tell the rest of the fans they ain't going till the owner leaves. You can't have it all ways round.

By all means vote with your feet, if that's your choice, but don't moan the club can't afford what you want.

Before the keyboards start clattering, I ain't saying the owner didn't need to buck up, nor Barry got everything right or it's all these pesky fans fault. The truth is somewhere in the middle of all that. For me the real rot started the day the 3A carved up the good for themselves and left us with the bad. Corney just drove in the final nails.

We are where we are now, and if we the fans don't at least try to back the club, then lets not moan and point the finger when it dies.

Very well put. I always struggle to explain my views without lookin like I'm an AL fan. I'll never stop goin to watch my team whenever i possibly can, whoever's wearing the shirt. Wether its messi or le messique from French 20th division. Despite who the owner is I still want a club to watch. I watched during the more years when he drove us to near death, I watched corney struggle to admin. One thing AL does is pay the club through it (for now anyway, even though he leaves things till last min, he always pays up). So I'll suffer thru his poor signings and roumoured meddling, because I want to keep my club afloat. May be in vein but it's all I can do to do my bit. That being said I respect others choices, but those choices have to be lived by. N not moan. Just as I cant moan if I put my money in to tickets n shirts n it's all wasted by AL

Archived