Playing squad, summer 2020

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Am I the only one who wasn't that impressed with CBJ? Not sure these over coached premier league youngsters are what we need to get out of L2

🤔 CBJ or lacovitti 😆

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

Am I the only one who wasn't that impressed with CBJ? Not sure these over coached premier league youngsters are what we need to get out of L2

Pretty sure the aim next season won't be to get out of L2...

2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

It depends on whether they can adapt to the pace and rigours of League 2. N’Guessan for instance found it much faster than what he’d been used to in the Burnley development squad, but the more experience they get, the easier it should become.
CBJ is slightly different because he played around a dozen games for United, so you would think that he must have something about him already. 
Personally I think he’d be a very good signing, the type of talented young player we should be looking at (shades of the Warhust and Barrett times perhaps).

If we could sign Piergianni as well, to give us a bit more physicality I think we have the makings of a good back four.

9 hours ago, Jimbooth said:

Dino told me the same, also said we're after keeping Pidge but are asking Salford to pay some of his wage 

Embarrassing that we’re desperate for Pidge. Yes he did a good job last season but bottom half of league 2 is his absolute maximum. Suggestions that’s he’s better than Wheater from some of our fans is laughable also.

CBJ is another that no other club in the football league wants. He doesn’t even like football.

its going to be the worse season in a long time this if things don’t change quick. Literally Rowe is the only shining light and if he goes, I think we’ll be adrift by Christmas.  

Should of attacked this division in the first season when it was at its weakest. Bolton and Salford will piss it this year. 

Sorry to be negative, I’ve always (stupidly) thought AL might come good but it’s getting ridiculous now.  I don’t even think we’ll sell more season tickets than anyone in this league which contains fucking Barrow, forest green and Macclesfield.

Sorry for the rant lads, trying to kill time on

nights. Can anyone offer anything positive to keep my spirits up?

1 hour ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Embarrassing that we’re desperate for Pidge. Yes he did a good job last season but bottom half of league 2 is his absolute maximum. Suggestions that’s he’s better than Wheater from some of our fans is laughable also.

CBJ is another that no other club in the football league wants. He doesn’t even like football.

its going to be the worse season in a long time this if things don’t change quick. Literally Rowe is the only shining light and if he goes, I think we’ll be adrift by Christmas.  

Should of attacked this division in the first season when it was at its weakest. Bolton and Salford will piss it this year. 

Sorry to be negative, I’ve always (stupidly) thought AL might come good but it’s getting ridiculous now.  I don’t even think we’ll sell more season tickets than anyone in this league which contains fucking Barrow, forest green and Macclesfield.

Sorry for the rant lads, trying to kill time on

nights. Can anyone offer anything positive to keep my spirits up?

Your bed is beckoning...!?

Clubs with the biggest resources as always have a big advantage but for me the jury is out massively on Alexander at Salford, Bolton been in decline for a while so going to take more than a couple of good signings to turn that around.

Most of the others are going to be in the same boat as us with very little money, there are going to be a lot of unemployed players who won't be able to demand the wages their agents tell them they are worth so much will come down to who can wheel and deal the best.

Maamria comes in for a lot of stick but I'd say he cares, he wants to do well, he seems to have a genuine affection for the club and if the clowns above him leave him to get on with it then he might just surprise a few people.

54 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Your bed is beckoning...!?

Clubs with the biggest resources as always have a big advantage but for me the jury is out massively on Alexander at Salford, Bolton been in decline for a while so going to take more than a couple of good signings to turn that around.

Most of the others are going to be in the same boat as us with very little money, there are going to be a lot of unemployed players who won't be able to demand the wages their agents tell them they are worth so much will come down to who can wheel and deal the best.

Maamria comes in for a lot of stick but I'd say he cares, he wants to do well, he seems to have a genuine affection for the club and if the clowns above him leave him to get on with it then he might just surprise a few people.

That’s my point, why do clubs in this league have bigger resources? I can understand if it was the level above but some of these teams are tiny. 

I don’t know what his game is. What benefit is he getting from making the squad as shit as possible? 

1 hour ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

That’s my point, why do clubs in this league have bigger resources? I can understand if it was the level above but some of these teams are tiny. 

I don’t know what his game is. What benefit is he getting from making the squad as shit as possible? 

Some have big fan bases, some have owners who are willing and able to bankroll losses.

The rest are much of a muchness so it is all about recruiting well and getting a bit of luck.

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

So the last 3 signings are- 

Rowe (for a fee) 

Dearnley 

CJB. 

Is it mind blowing- no. But then we haven’t got a pot to piss in.

Can you see some sense and pedigree in each one- yes. 

That in itself is a major step forward. 

Bit of an exaggeration there mate. This time last season people were saying the same when we signed Scott Wilson and Zak Mills.

1 minute ago, oafc 123 said:

Bit of an exaggeration there mate. This time last season people were saying the same when we signed Scott Wilson and Zak Mills.

I know mate. 

An the same will happen again this season to the three I named if they’re supplemented with sub standard players again.

However I genuinely think player profile/signings are changing.  If you look at Dino’s squad’s he generally went for a lot of British players, he signed McCann quite quickly. A lot of the #frrenchlads haven’t been offered a deal. The first two signings this summer are British based players. Reports we after pidge from Salford as well.  I might look stupid in September when a load of french lads turn up, but we live in hope. 

Archived