Playing squad, summer 2020

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Training this week has been boosted by 2nd year scholars making up the numbers. I know Eyreso will point out that there's still a month to go till the new season, but we are currently down to 9 contracted first team players (one of whom will probably never play for the club again) and an on loan goalkeeper. Hazza/Mo/Abdallah/Barry need to get busy in the transfer market...

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Training this week has been boosted by 2nd year scholars making up the numbers. I know Eyreso will point out that there's still a month to go till the new season, but we are currently down to 9 contracted first team players (one of whom will probably never play for the club again) and an on loan goalkeeper. Hazza/Mo/Abdallah/Barry need to get busy in the transfer market...

Hamer or Wheats ? 

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Apparently, Zeus was told by the previous Head Coach that he was being released, but wouldn't surprise me to see him return. No comment on Wheater... 

Hopefully he does get released. But I guess if he’s a cheap back up it wouldn’t be the end of the world. 

I reckon he was off to Bolton but salary cap could have changed the situation? 

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Has Woods done something wrong? He’s not the best keeper but he’s a far better back up than DLP- who is utter shite. 

I make DLP slightly better than Woods. He's been shocking in a Latics jersey.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Has Woods done something wrong? He’s not the best keeper but he’s a far better back up than DLP- who is utter shite. 

Refused to pay up his contract and gtfo

1 minute ago, Crusoe said:

McAleny added. 

Any official or authoritative word on:

- Parker

- Milovanovic

- the #extensionlads

?

Parker was announced by Chorlton so imagine that’s a goer - probably not announced (yet) as can imagine hed be one for the future and they are trying (a bit) to sell season tickets for now 

With the uncertainty surrounding Woods, Wheater, Hamer and Rowe, I think we all hope that Crusoe will be pretty busy updating for some time to come.

There must be 2 or 3 others close to a deal.

Saul Milanovic, Josh Hope and Manasse Mampala have all been strongly rumoured.

29 minutes ago, hollandspies said:

With the uncertainty surrounding Woods, Wheater, Hamer and Rowe, I think we all hope that Crusoe will be pretty busy updating for some time to come.

There must be 2 or 3 others close to a deal.

Saul Milanovic, Josh Hope and Manasse Mampala have all been strongly rumoured.

Have I missed something? I know there's a likely uncertainty about Woods, Wheater and Hamer, but why is it believed that Rowe could be off?

By the way, it's Milovanovic.

41 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Have I missed something? I know there's a likely uncertainty about Woods, Wheater and Hamer, but why is it believed that Rowe could be off?

By the way, it's Milovanovic.

I’ve read that he’s owed money, therefore he’s possibly unsettled at the club.

Also, he’s seemingly not featured much in the friendly match reports I’ve read.

He might not be off, but maybe he’s just slipped down the pecking order, especially if the Everton lad signs to add further competition up front.
Throughout recruitment there’s been a lot of references to HK’s style of play, maybe Rowe doesn’t fit with that!?

11 minutes ago, hollandspies said:

He might not be off, but maybe he’s just slipped down the pecking order, especially if the Everton lad signs to add further competition up front.
Throughout recruitment there’s been a lot of references to HK’s style of play, maybe Rowe doesn’t fit with that!?

Rowe has never been known for his work rate. Maybe HK doesn’t fancy him for that reason. 

7 hours ago, hollandspies said:

Cheers. Thanks for that.

Archived