Playing squad, summer 2020

29 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Senior director?   There are only three aren't there, senior or otherwise?

My mistake - five.  2 x Lemsagams, Owen, Bowden and Moralee.  

Certainly an indiscreet way of referring to a source it it is true.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

My mistake - five.  2 x Lemsagams, Owen, Bowden and Moralee.  

Certainly an indiscreet way of referring to a source it it is true.

It’s not going to be the clown twins, Barry can’t speak as he’s to busy up their arse. So that leaves two. 

51 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Sean Higgins is a youth team player. Defender. 

Andrea Badan is presumably the young Italian left back with Hellas Verona (Serie A), routinely loaned out to Serie C clubs.

2 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Sean Higgins is a youth team player. 

Andrea Badan is presumably a young Italian defender, with Hellas Verona (Serie A) but routinely loaned out to Serie C clubs.

Left back, and too short to play centre back in League Two at 5'9".  Sounds like a back up option.

2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Sean Higgins is a youth team player. Defender. 

Andrea Badan is presumably the young Italian left back with Hellas Verona (Serie A), routinely loaned out to Serie C clubs.

Is Badan a Goodan?

Squad numbers added to the first post in the thread.

Four youth players (keeper, midfield, two forwards). 

Wheater and Hamer keeping 31 and 34 suggests to me they’re off.

Numbers 2 and 7 not yet assigned, or 12 or 16. 

That squad looks thin and weak.

Just now, Crusoe said:

12 is “for the support of the fans” according to the website 

12 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Not necessarily, I think wheater has some affiliation with the number 31. His Instagram name is bigwheatz31. And hes liked the squad numbers post. Doesnt seem like hes got a bee in his bonnet on social media so god knows what's goin on. And hamer has always kept 34 even when he was first name on the sheet throughout last season. Here's hoping they stay

On 6/20/2020 at 7:50 AM, Crusoe said:

29. Junior Luamba (scholar)

Bloody hell. Junior went to school with my eldest, and he said that my lad was one of the best players he's played with. Junior plays for Oldham and my lad plays for Rochdale St. Clements. *shrug*

Saints are sat on a gold mine, that's what I say anyway.

16 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Reece Gaskell and Jack Williams are included in the first team squad on the official website, but are missing from the squad numbers announcement! 🤔

10 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Reece Gaskell and Jack Williams are included in the first team squad on the official website, but are missing from the squad numbers announcement! 🤔

They haven’t updated the numbers on the page either. Looks a bit naff them all in different kits 

49 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Gaskell was a second year scholar I think, given a short term extension while they decided on a contract. Nothing announced yet but I think he turned out in at least one friendly. Who knows. 

Williams is still a scholar so I assume he’s just not been seen as ready for a first team place this season (yet).

On the kits I’m guessing that they’ve gone with defenders in the home kit, midfielders in the away kit, and forwards in the third kit. Just that the website doesn’t agree on their positions, maybe. 

1 minute ago, Crusoe said:

On the kits I’m guessing that they’ve gone with defenders in the home kit, midfielders in the away kit, and forwards in the third kit. Just that the website doesn’t agree on their positions, maybe. 

It’s the same for the youth players who’ve been given first team numbers. Hough in red and white, Da Silva and Luamba in black. Harmless gimmick. 

17 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Gaskell was a second year scholar I think, given a short term extension while they decided on a contract. Nothing announced yet but I think he turned out in at least one friendly. Who knows. 

Williams is still a scholar so I assume he’s just not been seen as ready for a first team place this season (yet).

Williams is part of the same cohort as Hough, Luamba etc. so it's interesting that he's not been given a squad number but they have. 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/may/10052019-scholars/

He was widely considered to be the standout from that intake, wasn't he? 

Archived