EFL trophy Latics V Wolves U21’s

22 minutes ago, milnrow latics said:

I was at that game with Latics Pete and unfortunately at the replay. We were poor in those days even when we played "well".  Seems like the circle is now complete.

Circle implies we'll get back to the Prem/Wembley one day...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, milnrow latics said:

I was at that game with Latics Pete and unfortunately at the replay. We were poor in those days even when we played "well".  Seems like the circle is now complete.

Can remember thinking at least we'll beat these at BP we can't play as bad again.......how wrong can you be.

9 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

You’re going to hate it every time he scores aren’t you!! 😂😂

Why would I hate it?  I lose arguments all the time as does everybody who has an opinion.....my  position is that I do not think Rowe is as good as some people on here want him to be. Time will tell and I am sure people on here will tell me too but him scoring a goal against a scratch kids team Is hardly compelling evidence 

13 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

Nice to see you back Monty.  The last 6 months on here hasnt been the same.

🏳️‍🌈

😁

To be honest I've still been here, jus couldn't be arsed to post when there was no Football (altho I don't think I've posted about Football yet) and I was getting into arguments with people for not believing just how quickly Football would be back and other silliness, so I put myself in read only mode!!

l almost posted when Lags was at the height of his lucidity to commend his rallying cries, but I decided I'd wait for us to get a proper defensive centre mid first so I wudnt be left eggy faced when we had no spine. But we never did it and in the meantime the inner red fleece emerged and the moment was gone 😂😂😂 🤷🏿‍♂️.

23 hours ago, Fan up the ladder said:

Hi guys,  I thought my dummy-spitting moment this morning may provoke some healthy debate (sorry again), and it's genuinely appreciated so thank you for that. I have passed on to the media team because I think in these horrible times when even the die-hards can't get into the stadium, it is all very useful to know and consider. I am also very mindful that our listeners/viewers from overseas have a strong opinion on the subject. 

Given we are discussing it, just to say it's really difficult finding the balance of description knowing some people have the pictures and some just the audio, so forgive me if it's a little too literal at times. Secondly, having heard a few clips on Twitter, it sounds painful (to me at least!) without any sort of crowd noise behind it!

Cheers 

Mike

To be fair, the way we've played lately, I suspect you deserve a medal for doing the job!

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Rowe needs to play for me. I can see how HK may have written him off in training bc he seems to move angularly and kinda stiff, but it works for him and would smash division four defences if given the season to show it.

@BP1960 mentioned the body language of certain players recently - Danny Rowe is a prime example. Look at his reaction to scoring against Wolves - very muted and only pausing to thank Barnett for his interchange. He obviously is still unhappy with the way he has been treated and that probably comes through in training.

Having said that, I agree that he should be starting every game and   be allowed to play to his strengths.

24 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

@BP1960 mentioned the body language of certain players recently - Danny Rowe is a prime example. Look at his reaction to scoring against Wolves - very muted and only pausing to thank Barnett for his interchange. He obviously is still unhappy with the way he has been treated and that probably comes through in training.

Having said that, I agree that he should be starting every game and   be allowed to play to his strengths.

I don't think he's celebrated a goal in his whole career.

Archived