Playing Squad - Summer 21

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

It’s not going well is it?

So we’ll we’re four games In and he is no where near the field. So Jason u know that 2 year contract that pays well over £800 a week…. How about, you may laugh, u may say no, this is Oldham athletic before you make any snap decisions, I know I know you were warned…. Any how…. Can u do £800 a week, 1 year deal and we pinky promise another year with a top up. We honour top ups, give A call to David weat, i mean yeah we honour contracts and top ups…..

The club statement represents negligence and mal-administration. Simple fact. The EFL Regulations can be complex but the one on embargo is a simple read. Even if you don’t understand it there is a Governance Department and a Solicitor at the EFL who can advise.

In my opinion, the player still has his contract because the EFL regulation does not revoke it.

We are told the club are supporting the player. Of course they are, he will be getting his wages in accordance with its terms.

The  “system” is simple. You don’t misunderstand interpretations with contracts which is costly if you get it wrong. The club solicitors was often the back stop when checking contracts before being finalised.

I would be interested if they had an input. I just have an incline they haven’t because club staff would believe they know better.

I hope an agreement is reached for the boy’s sake  because he does not want to get himself into a position of not towing the line. Watch this space.!!!!!

7 hours ago, Barryowen said:

The club statement represents negligence and mal-administration. Simple fact. The EFL Regulations can be complex but the one on embargo is a simple read. Even if you don’t understand it there is a Governance Department and a Solicitor at the EFL who can advise.

In my opinion, the player still has his contract because the EFL regulation does not revoke it.

We are told the club are supporting the player. Of course they are, he will be getting his wages in accordance with its terms.

The  “system” is simple. You don’t misunderstand interpretations with contracts which is costly if you get it wrong. The club solicitors was often the back stop when checking contracts before being finalised.

I would be interested if they had an input. I just have an incline they haven’t because club staff would believe they know better.

I hope an agreement is reached for the boy’s sake  because he does not want to get himself into a position of not towing the line. Watch this space.!!!!!

While Rome burns springs to mind with this current administration.

8 hours ago, Barryowen said:

Is that the incline from the RRE to the Chaddy? 

Interesting article in this morning's Guardian on Derby County and their experience of the EFL embargo. Worth a look to view the practicalities of it all. Needless to say, Derby, for all their woes, appear to be open to shed light on their predicament.

10 hours ago, Barryowen said:

Absolutely pathetic. Somebody should resign over this whole debacle...

• Matt unfeatured this topic
On 8/18/2021 at 12:22 AM, Barryowen said:

Suzanne's article at the time laid it out pretty clearly.

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/football/19429281.transfer-embargo-limits-oldham-free-transfers-loans/

5 minutes ago, singe said:

She does and it's clear players can only sign a 1 year contract. However, she has missed part of the embargo which states it also has a maximum of £800 per week.

3 hours ago, PeteG said:

She does and it's clear players can only sign a 1 year contract. However, she has missed part of the embargo which states it also has a maximum of £800 per week.

It also states that we are under this embargo for three years. Perhaps Bowden is another who can't play now as well, as his loan was for a full season.

It seems obvious that when they signed up for this loan, they didn't  understand the consequences. What utter morons.

39 minutes ago, al_bro said:

It also states that we are under this embargo for three years. Perhaps Bowden is another who can't play now as well, as his loan was for a full season.

It seems obvious that when they signed up for this loan, they didn't  understand the consequences. What utter morons.

there is an exemption for young players- they can have a full season loan

Archived