Five signings today?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

Just read about the 5 signings, which makes me wonder if somebody has tied Mo up and put him in a cupboard. These look like Curly Keef choices, which is at least a positive step. 

Mo will be eagerly awaiting the French green light from the government. 😉

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

According to  Wikipedia Kevin Van Veen is now a  Latics player ,if this is true and he stays fit and gets decent service should get at least 15 goals out of him this season...impressed so far with our signings.

Doesn’t say that on the Wikipedia that I’ve just looked at. He would be a good signing though definitely.

14 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Mo will be eagerly awaiting the French green light from the government. 😉

Thankfully, It won’t be easy for him to import the usual shite from abroad post Brexit…..

The FA, the Premier League and EFL have come together to agree a plan for entry requirements for overseas players post Brexit.

Football’s Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) proposal was submitted to the Government last month by the FA, as the governing body for football, and has now been approved by The Home Office. 

The criteria will provide the framework for Premier League and EFL clubs to sign overseas players when the UK leaves the European Union (EU) after 31 December 2020.

Post Brexit, clubs will not be able to sign players freely from the EU. Players from EU countries who want to play in the Premier League or EFL will be required to gain a GBE, like all other overseas players without the right to work in the UK. 

The GBE will operate a points-based system, where points are scored for senior and talented young players based on: 
• Senior and youth international appearances
• Quality of the selling club, based on the league they are in, league position and progression in continental competition
• Club appearances, based on domestic league and continental competition minutes.

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

12 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Doesn’t say that on the Wikipedia that I’ve just looked at. He would be a good signing though definitely.

It did say that about an hour ago to be fair. Signed and resold already! Go Mo. 

21 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I'm guessing its been changed back to show Scunthorpe as his last club..would be a cracking signing and definitely a show of intent, certainly positive steps were made yesterday 

Happy with all these signings and with how curle is going about it. Signed up nice and early and can see team taking shape well before start of pre season which is a a first for years! 

Not world beaters but I look at them and they look decent league 2 / 1 players. May actually raise my bar from just avoiding relegation to poss top half finish. Starting to look forward to the season now 

Solid signings. If we carry on with the creating of chances then hope will bag loads. Having said that im more interested to see what McAlenys situation will be and wether we hold on to Bahamboula. Every preseason the recruitment begins with so so signings and then the half decent ones come later, so to see that we have half decent/solid signings first bodes well for future signings

7 hours ago, GKing521 said:

This is League 2.

Danny Ward is doing pretty well for Wales considering he hasn't played for his club for 4 years. Not that I'm saying Leutwiler will be that good but there are more half decent goalkeepers out there then starting spots. Doesn't mean all benchwarmers are rubbish

2 minutes ago, boyinthesnow said:

Danny Ward is doing pretty well for Wales considering he hasn't played for his club for 4 years. Not that I'm saying Leutwiler will be that good but there are more half decent goalkeepers out there then starting spots. Doesn't mean all benchwarmers are rubbish

Apologies,  quoted wrong person!

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Agreed, Jon Hallworth only played 45 matches for Ipswich in 6 seasons and Peter McDonnell none in 4 years at Liverpool and they didn't turn out bad.

To be fair McDonnell was behind the never injured and fairly brilliant Ray Clemence. 

1 hour ago, boyinthesnow said:

He may well be decent and your point is perfectly valid.  I was just questioning why it it was 'a coup'

Archived