Five signings today?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Why are all signings subject to efl approval never seen that before for British based players? Is it related to efl loans? Anyone know? 

Made me wonder if there’s an embargo. 

4 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Made me wonder if there’s an embargo. 

Surely even we wouldn’t be thick enough to go full on, “5 signings get your cock and Kleenex out” announcements if there was the slightest doubt they’d go through??

Karl Evans “hold my beer” 

20 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Scunny forum on Clarke and McGahey:

"Hope they have a good medical team."

Don’t think Rob Purdie, Rob Scott or Chris Swailes had missed many prior to signing for us no one would have thought we were signing crocks

Theyve both made a decent number of appearances so I’ll take the Port Vale view of us on Garrity “sour grapes” 

7 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Surely even we wouldn’t be thick enough to go full on, “5 signings get your cock and Kleenex out” announcements if there was the slightest doubt they’d go through??

Signings won't be in any doubt, it is a funny time of year with contracts ending and having to comply with SCMP, could be that we are under some sort of registration embargo.

15 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

If we are not allowed to sign anyone it's going to be an interesting season.  3-3-1  is an unusual formation but it might work

10 minutes ago, boyinthesnow said:

DMaarms tweeting that Pidge and Blackwood likely to be leaving 

Pidge was good last season but I thought then that it was more an indication of how shite our defence was 

Happy to give them both a lift 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Does anyone else find it odd that we now have 17 contracted players in June, with only 600 paying season tickets? 

That’s tells me AL is more liquid than we think, and he will only pay for what he wants. Which is very different to not being able to afford it. 

600? Last reported was 2000?

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Look the ideal types for the club to progress in this division.

Exactly my thoughts. Not Montpellier U21 reserve players on 4 grand a week. These smack of Curle signings, proper fourth division stuff. What we've needed for years now. 

I don't think anyone expects anything other than complete shit nowadays, but if they allow Curle to sign his own players it is a major advance and only one step away from a normal club (don't interfere in tactics). 

This has been a strangely good day I think.

If you owe money to the EFL it has to be repaid if you have obtained a 0 percent loan. The money to be repaid can be taken from the clubs solidarity monies. The EFL rules are complex but suffice to say you are limited to what you sign. Obviously you can not register a player that you have paid a fee for whilst owing money. Other regulations allow you to sign up to a squad limit which I think is 22 players, not including various categories of youth players.

Overall at League 2 level the regulations are not to bad as it is rare that fees are paid.

Believe it or not a number of clubs in our Division believed the Club did well last season given the available budget.

According to  Wikipedia Kevin Van Veen is now a  Latics player ,if this is true and he stays fit and gets decent service should get at least 15 goals out of him this season...impressed so far with our signings.

Archived