Bradford away

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Anyone is welcome to meet him if they want, I'm not stopping them.  He has referred several times to revealing "the truth", but for fans to hear this "truth" we've got to go and meet him? As far as I can tell, the "truth" is that the club continues to have incompetent people in senior positions. Shocker.  That's why there's a good chunk of the fanbase who desperately want the owner and his team out. We're run badly now, and we were run badly when Barry Owen held a prominent senior role at the club.

Or is there some other "truth" that is yet to be revealed?

Exactly. We need more insight into what happened .  Meeting him is the obvious way and anybody who refuses an invite to do so surely surrenders the moral high ground and the right to snipe ? 

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Unmasked said:

Exactly. We need more insight into what happened .  Meeting him is the obvious way and anybody who refuses an invite to do so surely surrenders the moral high ground and the right to snipe ? 

By right to snipe do you mean the right to be critical of his performance as fans rep on the board, or latterly as club director? If so, then no. No they don't.

People become part of empires, keeping real truths, facts and relevant information between the people only they feel need to know.

They rise through ranks and believe they hold levels of power and enjoy the perks and status such positions offer.

They tell those below them what they want to hear and don't like to be challenged or questioned by the very people they passed on their way up.

Only problem is that sometimes empires fall and those people at the very top who you thought would scratch your back at all times refuse and send you packing.

You then have to pass the very people you passed on the way up on your way down.

Only then do you believe you should have your real truths listened to or to be believed. 

Problem is, who will ever trust this person again when they had a chance once but never took it.

A strong person stands by whats right, not by whats in it for me.

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

There are 180 tickets left as of right now!

A War of the Roses derby and we cant sell out 1200 tickets is about as hopeless as we can get 

Over 2,000 season tickets holders apparently 

Hopeless . . . . 

14 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

People become part of empires, keeping real truths, facts and relevant information between the people only they feel need to know.

They rise through ranks and believe they hold levels of power and enjoy the perks and status such positions offer.

They tell those below them what they want to hear and don't like to be challenged or questioned by the very people they passed on their way up.

Only problem is that sometimes empires fall and those people at the very top who you thought would scratch your back at all times refuse and send you packing.

You then have to pass the very people you passed on the way up on your way down.

Only then do you believe you should have your real truths listened to or to be believed. 

Problem is, who will ever trust this person again when they had a chance once but never took it.

Yes and a strong person also understands that  listening and questioning is how you learn and that being “behaving  better” is how you acquire credibility. 

i cannot see any rational reason why anybody would not want to increase and inform their evidence set by accepting an offer to discuss and question the “eye witness “ 

33 minutes ago, tGWB said:

A War of the Roses derby and we cant sell out 1200 tickets is about as hopeless as we can get 

Hopeless . . . . 

Its more the fact people cant make it to get the tickets. I got lucky and have a day off Friday to pick mine up. But a lot of people work all week

7 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

A strong person who has held a position of so called power or trust should also know that once that power and trust has been removed they no longer need to be the person they should and could have been.

Irrelevant to our need for knowledge of what happened/ is happening 

34 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Hopeless . . . . 

I’m sure if they’d gone on sale when they should have we’d have been requesting some more!

40 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

By right to snipe do you mean the right to be critical of his performance as fans rep on the board, or latterly as club director? If so, then no. No they don't.

They can be critical of course they can but how does help increase our knowledge and understanding of the workings of Oldham Athletic 

49 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Hopeless . . . . 

How we have the best following in the football league ….

9 minutes ago, Unmasked said:

Irrelevant to our need for knowledge of what happened/ is happening 

Irrelevant maybe.

The person who once held a position of such trust seemed to stand by and let the chaos start, continue and get worse without saying, " No"

Only at the very end is it deemed suitable to meet people and spill the beans.

Each to their own but not for me.

To late and even less trust than before. 

Like I say, on the way down its amazing how you feel the need to explain, but not on the way up.

51 minutes ago, Unmasked said:

Yes and a strong person also understands that  listening and questioning is how you learn and that being “behaving  better” is how you acquire credibility. 

i cannot see any rational reason why anybody would not want to increase and inform their evidence set by accepting an offer to discuss and question the “eye witness “ 

How many accounts have you got Barry 🤔

1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

Is that Russell Crowe in Gladiator?

Pathetic from start to finish. Pathetic from Latics for only requesting 1000, pathetic for having the tickets for nearly a week before putting them on sale, pathetic from Bradford for giving Latics the indication that POTD would be allowed and pathetic from the Latics fans to have not sold out after kicking off like they did about the allocation...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Pathetic from start to finish. Pathetic from Latics for only requesting 1000, pathetic for having the tickets for nearly a week before putting them on sale, pathetic from Bradford for giving Latics the indication that POTD would be allowed and pathetic from the Latics fans to have not sold out after kicking off like they did about the allocation...

Technically, the kick off happened when we had 1000, so we have done.

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

Technically, the kick off happened when we had 1000, so we have done.

There was still kick off when we got the extra 200. See the replies to the official club tweet about tickets. 2100 ST ticket holders and we still have tickets on open sale for a game 40 minutes down the road for our first away game in 18 months. Should have been sold out by close of play Tuesday...

I think to have sold over a thousand when they have made it as difficult as possible is pretty decent...as others have said, if they had put these on general sale a couple of weeks ago with a big fanfare about it being the first away game and lets create a great atmosphere we would have sold many, many more. I was thinking about coming up from the South for it but abandoned the idea a few days ago when there was no firm information on tickets and now I am committed to something in the early evening so I can't.

Archived