MATCH: vs Bristol Rovers (A) 17/08/2021

38 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Jeez - I haven't seen Latics play for quite a long time now - in case you are not aware I am boycotting home and away - it sounds worse than ever. It's obvious though that fans will not unite until it is too late (and maybe not even then judging by the entrenched views). Far too many relatively content with abject failure - really quite baffling.

personally don’t see what the boycott achieves so can’t support it and think a lot are same. If there was a suitable alternative then perhaps but who is going to take on a club losing millions who doesn’t own ground? I don’t see anyone lined up to buy us. Could be worse we could be macc or bury. Not going only starves the club of money, gives smaller budget and likely leads to non league. Plus this season they have appointed as good a manager as we could get, he has his pick of players and budget is about where it would be with any other owners. Are we failing that badly or roughly where we should be on income/costs?? 

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

personally don’t see what the boycott achieves so can’t support it and think a lot are same. If there was a suitable alternative then perhaps but who is going to take on a club losing millions who doesn’t own ground? I don’t see anyone lined up to buy us. Could be worse we could be macc or bury. Not going only starves the club of money, gives smaller budget and likely leads to non league. Plus this season they have appointed as good a manager as we could get, he has his pick of players and budget is about where it would be with any other owners. Are we failing that badly or roughly where we should be on income/costs?? 

PTB confirmed we have had 4 interested parties come forward to buy the club. Barry Owen also confirmed on the BPAS podcast that parties have been in touch to buy the club. Their is interest out their it just requires Blitz and the Lemsagams to be willing to sell.

13 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Could be worse we could be macc or bury. 

Thanks for that. House 

21 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

PTB confirmed we have had 4 interested parties come forward to buy the club. Barry Owen also confirmed on the BPAS podcast that parties have been in touch to buy the club. Their is interest out their it just requires Blitz and the Lemsagams to be willing to sell.

Or make them an offer they can't refuse. Can't be that hard if these interested parties are serious.

20 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I mean this could be the case, but the buyers could be trying to acquire on the cheap. They could also just be time wasters. Not saying we are worth anything, just saying that 4 parties could have made contact, but doesn’t translate into a potential acquirer. 

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Or make them an offer they can't refuse. Can't be that hard if these interested parties are serious.

12 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I mean this could be the case, but the buyers could be trying to acquire on the cheap. They could also just be time wasters. Not saying we are worth anything, just saying that 4 parties could have made contact, but doesn’t translate into a potential acquirer. 

It may be the amount that Abdallah wants for the club (not including the ground) that is the stumbling block. The word is that he has put in millions of his own money and is looking to recoup his investment.

It may not be the case that the buyers are looking to ‘acquire on the cheap’ and making an ‘offer he can’t refuse’ may simply not make good business sense. 

56 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Plus this season they have appointed as good a manager as we could get, he has his pick of players and budget is about where it would be with any other owners.

He doesn't have his pick.  Mo has to agree to every player Curle wants to sign.  What qualifies him to make that judgement, no one knows.

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

He doesn't have his pick.  Mo has to agree to every player Curle wants to sign.  What qualifies him to make that judgement, no one knows.

I heard that on the first day of Blyth’s trial, Mo curled a beautiful left foot cross onto the head of Blyth who buried the header. Deal was signed later that afternoon in Nando’s.

8 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

It may be the amount that Abdallah wants for the club (not including the ground) that is the stumbling block. The word is that he has put in millions of his own money and is looking to recoup his investment.

It may not be the case that the buyers are looking to ‘acquire on the cheap’ and making an ‘offer he can’t refuse’ may simply not make good business sense. 

Well we'll need mega rich guys to put us back to our rightful historic place in the second division so it doesn't bode well if they can't/won't buy the club at its lowest ebb...

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Jeez - I haven't seen Latics play for quite a long time now - in case you are not aware I am boycotting home and away - it sounds worse than ever. It's obvious though that fans will not unite until it is too late (and maybe not even then judging by the entrenched views). Far too many relatively content with abject failure - really quite baffling.

Yeah fleetwood away. U promised a friend, so had to go …….

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Well you wouldn't over pay for it would you I mean if they are trying to buy the lot for £3million and the club and the landlord are holding out for £10mill combined* Then that's, 7mill you are potentially taking out of funds that could be used for redeveloping the club. Plus if other similar sized clubs are available for a much lower asking price then why waste your time with it.

Yes they could also be time wasters that's true but if Lemsagams and Blitz were more willing sellers and realised that both of them are wasting their time and money here then the chances of us finding proper owners would be far greater.

*ficticious guess work used purely for the sake of an example and not based on any fact 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Don't know if true or not but I was told AL had borrowed £6M from someone so that might explain his unrealistic valuation😲.

3 hours ago, Careca9 said:

JFC

this-is-fine.0.jpg

11 hours ago, deyres42 said:

The last one always seems to be the worst one, like I say people have very short memories.

They don’t. They just know when they’ve seen an absolute horror show which is as good as last nights first half can be dressed up.

13 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

They don’t. They just know when they’ve seen an absolute horror show which is as good as last nights first half can be dressed up.

Aye, and there were probably 20 halves just as bad last season, and the season before that, and the season before that...

So normally AL and MO are to blame for interference, bringing in shit players behind the managers back. 

So does the blame now lie at the feet of KC or the boycotting fans?

If KC is picking his own players, which he clearly has, then if they're not good enough that's his fault.

If we're saying they're cheap shit, then do we blame the fans who aren't putting money in? 

Just now, deyres42 said:

Aye, and there were probably 20 halves just as bad last season, and the season before that, and the season before that...

Even the most hardent, rose tinted spectacled fan can't dress that up last night.

Since dropping out of the Prem there have been many performances that have been pretty pathetic, problam is there have been that many its hard to single them out.

But last night was as bad as I've seen.

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

So normally AL and MO are to blame for interference, bringing in shit players behind the managers back. 

If KC is picking his own players, which he clearly has, then if they're not good enough that's his fault.

If we're saying they're cheap shit, then do we blame the fans who aren't putting money in? 

He is flattering to deceive so far I agree but the fault of it being cheap shit is probably down to only bring able to offer £800 a week leading to players with significant injury history  and those looking for a final way into the pro game or spend the rest of their life having teeth whitening sessions for Geordie Shore the only ones willing to sign 

The fact that Furman fucked us off and Tom Whelan decided to go back to Chesterfield says it all 

4 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Even the most hardent, rose tinted spectacled fan can't dress that up last night.

Since dropping out of the Prem there have been many performances that have been pretty pathetic, problam is there have been that many its hard to single them out.

But last night was as bad as I've seen.

Getting dicked 7-1 by Cardiff wasn’t as bad as that last night 

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

Maybe the day when all fans realise that the owners past and present are the architects of our demise.

Then we stop as a group blaming certain sections of fans and managers, stop arguing over pointless stuff that won't move us forward and come together as one fanbase respecting each others views and visions.

Only then will any fan movement or campaign really work.

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The owners are to blame for destroying the club's reputation over the time since they took over.  No one wants to come here because word has got around that we treat players and staff like shit.

We're even more skint than we've ever been because sponsors and fans have walked away.

Only the desperate or unqualified would come to play for us.

That's why we are where we are.

58 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

That’s the point, there wasn’t. Absolutely zero as bad as that first half.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

I've had a bit of time to think about it today and I think it goes in at number 3 in the worst ever OAFC displays I have seen in the flesh, behind Macc 0-1 and Scunthorpe 0-2 (NYD 20). Make no mistake, it could have been 5-0 at HT and the referee was probably our best player...

11 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I've had a bit of time to think about it today and I think it goes in at number 3 in the worst ever OAFC displays I have seen in the flesh, behind Macc 0-1 and Scunthorpe 0-2 (NYD 20). Make no mistake, it could have been 5-0 at HT and the referee was probably our best player...

As always I bow to your superior knowledge Pat.

Archived