2 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

Frankie Bunn got sacked for less, Keith Curle needs to be released from his Role, its obviously not working 16 games with only 4 wins.. shocking..

Bunn had an infinitely better squad of players than Curle does, bizarre that people still keep making the comparison.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Doubt many managers at this level get contracts paid up when dismissed.

Oh I highly doubt he would get his full contract paid up. I’’m not sure many managers managers at any level do. (Maybe the very elite do) Remember when Pardew signed that 8 year contract at Newcastle? I remember people saying at the time it would have a break clause in it, so if he got sacked he would get a years pay. So a 6 or 12 month pay off for Curle is very plausible. Either way- it can be only reason he hasn’t gone because his record is woeful. 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Oh I highly doubt he would get his full contract paid up. I’’m not sure many managers managers at any level do. (Maybe the very elite do) Remember when Pardew signed that 8 year contract at Newcastle? I remember people saying at the time it would have a break clause in it, so if he got sacked he would get a years pay. So a 6 or 12 month pay off for Curle is very plausible. Either way- it can be only reason he hasn’t gone because his record is woeful. 

You'd imagine given the restrictions we are operating under that staying above the drop zone was the only target so he's doing the job expected of him. It might be dreadful to watch and he sure isn't an engaging personality but that's where we are unfortunately.

8 hours ago, deyres42 said:

You'd imagine given the restrictions we are operating under that staying above the drop zone was the only target so he's doing the job expected of him. It might be dreadful to watch and he sure isn't an engaging personality but that's where we are unfortunately.

Yeah, as bad as he is- if we finish 22nd it’s job done. 

9 hours ago, deyres42 said:

I agree that the off-field issues are the biggest reason why we are where we are, but I believe the squad that we have is not playing near enough to it's full potential and that an average manager at this level could do better with it.  I'm now at the point where I think Kewell could've done better with the current squad than Curle is doing. 

If his target is to stay up (which to be fair is a realistic one) then he's not looking particularly like hitting it that target.

For me it's nothin to do with formation etc. Curle needs to go for a kewell approach. He sets us up defensively every game. We fail. We actually defend better when we are the attacking team. Back 3/4 always sweep up when we are on the front foot. We will concede goals however we play because the collective IQ of the squad being 5. Might as well go for it every match. We would easily have enough to move up the table away from danger. #bringbackkewell

31 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

For me it's nothin to do with formation etc. Curle needs to go for a kewell approach. He sets us up defensively every game. We fail. We actually defend better when we are the attacking team. Back 3/4 always sweep up when we are on the front foot. We will concede goals however we play because the collective IQ of the squad being 5. Might as well go for it every match. We would easily have enough to move up the table away from danger. #bringbackkewell

I have to disagree, we haven't got the players who are comfortable or can operate his beloved 3 CDs formation.

A flat back 4 of Clarke, Mcgahey, Piergianni and Hart means these players are in positions they have played most of their careers.

Back them up with 2 wide men 2 in midfield and 2 up front (1 who can hold the ball and pressure defenders) then I'm sure  performances and results will improve.

40 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

But in the absence of a single recognised and consistently fit striker I can see why he'd take that approach

27 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Keep making excuses for Keith Curles poor record as manager is also bordering on bizarre.. 

Iversen, Hunt, Clarke, Edmundson, Taylor, Nepo, Maouche, Missilou, Lang, Surridge, O'Grady, Baxter, Gardner, Lyden.

I'd fancy Curle to have us a fair bit higher in the current table if he had that lot to work with.

50 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I agree that the off-field issues are the biggest reason why we are where we are, but I believe the squad that we have is not playing near enough to it's full potential and that an average manager at this level could do better with it.  I'm now at the point where I think Kewell could've done better with the current squad than Curle is doing. 

If his target is to stay up (which to be fair is a realistic one) then he's not looking particularly like hitting it that target.

He is an average manager at this level isn't he, I doubt anyone has more experience or knows it better than him.

The fact he can't do anything with this squad tells you all you need to know.

51 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Kewell had McAleny, who created his own chances and scored them...

Who, in this squad, scores the goals that Kewell's side managed last season?

13 minutes ago, JoeP said:

The three key players for me are Bahamboula, DKD and Dearnley.  Dearnley is different as his injury and fitness issues have plagued him throughout, but all of the above had goalscoring spells under Kewell and looked like genuine goal threats in his team.  While I have (marginally) more confidence in the defence I don't think that Curle has got the best out of our attacking players, even though the players aren't blameless themselves.

McAleny has been a massive loss and Hope has not even been a replacement for Bobby Grant, let alone McAleny.  But we should be seeing more from the other attackers than we have.

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

he’s a loss but scored so many because of the tactics. His record pre his spell with us was v poor and so far this season he’s hardly created many himself, he hasn’t got 3 yet I don’t think. Can’t see he’d do much in current set up playing like we do. Hence pleased club have chopped curle. We need someone who is adaptable and can get best out of baha, dkd, dearnley, Bowden 

Archived