We have had 10-15 players out for most of the season just got some back last couple of weeks and now there’s a bug going round the camp. KC can’t catch a break at the minute.

he has had 1 transfer window it’s crazy not giving any manager at least 3, thinking you’ll make 5 signings 3 of which might make the grade to start every week. Bottom line the embargo has killed us and if 3yrs in Almo needed a bailout then they are not fit to run the club and all fault lies there imho.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, redlion said:

You're assuming a lot. First the pay off amount and second that even IF we got any new players, that they would make a big enough difference, especially given Curly's performance so far. 

If we don't get any new players in January we are going down. Keith Curle will want to make signings and so too will any new manager coming in.

Do you honestly think a remotely competent manager will want this job if they can't make signings in January to strengthen the squad? No me neither.

That for me is crux I would rather give him the opportunity to bring 3-4 players (and that's all it would take to get us out of this) than make our 11th managerial change in 4 years and you don't need me to tell you how that has worked out for us.

1 hour ago, hinchy said:

We have had 10-15 players out for most of the season just got some back last couple of weeks and now there’s a bug going round the camp. KC can’t catch a break at the minute.

he has had 1 transfer window it’s crazy not giving any manager at least 3, thinking you’ll make 5 signings 3 of which might make the grade to start every week. Bottom line the embargo has killed us and if 3yrs in Almo needed a bailout then they are not fit to run the club and all fault lies there imho.

No one is disputing the fact that the majority of the fault lies with ALMO. Curle won't be given a transfer window in January thanks to the embargo. So do we see if another manager/head coach can get more out of the players at his/her disposal, or let Curle carry on. For the record I don't think it matters who is in charge, we are heading for the football league trap door and it is hard to see any way of it not being us falling through it. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

If we don't get any new players in January we are going down. Keith Curle will want to make signings and so too will any new manager coming in.

Do you honestly think a remotely competent manager will want this job if they can't make signings in January to strengthen the squad? No me neither.

That for me is crux I would rather give him the opportunity to bring 3-4 players (and that's all it would take to get us out of this) than make our 11th managerial change in 4 years and you don't need me to tell you how that has worked out for us.

Well I hope Lemmy stumps up some cash, we come out of the embargo, we get 3 - 4 good players and Curly changes his ways/tactics.

That would be a lot of good fortune to hit us in such a short space of time but you never know eh ?

2 hours ago, redlion said:

Well I hope Lemmy stumps up some cash, we come out of the embargo, we get 3 - 4 good players and Curly changes his ways/tactics.

That would be a lot of good fortune to hit us in such a short space of time but you never know eh ?

Well yeah granted I'm expecting him to apply some rational thinking here.

The best 2 options for him are to sell the club A.S.A.P. or fund the club until the end of the season sanction a couple of signings then sell it.

The stupid braindead thing for him to do will be to sack the manager not find a replacement not sign anyone in January refuse to sell the club then watch it get relegated therefore making his asset even more worthless. So I expect the clown to do exactly that.

????? Curle took a while to decide but took the gig knowing full well the financial situation.

There are no signs of improvement whatsoever……..

I’m sorry but there can be no excuses!! 

Curle has to go!!

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

????? Curle took a while to decide but took the gig knowing full well the financial situation.

There are no signs of improvement whatsoever……..

I’m sorry but there can be no excuses!! 

Curle has to go!!

I've pretty much come around to this way of thinking, although I wouldn't be surprised if he was sold a lie about the finances and embargo(s).

I do think he was naive to trust our owners to deliver on their promises given their previous reputation.  However he's probably happy enough that he got a 2 year deal out of this, assuming that it means the payoff is bigger if they want to sack him.

15 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I can see you are determined to have the last word. So be it.

13 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well yeah granted I'm expecting him to apply some rational thinking here.

The best 2 options for him are to sell the club A.S.A.P. or fund the club until the end of the season sanction a couple of signings then sell it.

The stupid braindead thing for him to do will be to sack the manager not find a replacement not sign anyone in January refuse to sell the club then watch it get relegated therefore making his asset even more worthless. So I expect the clown to do exactly that.

It would be very interesting to know the nuts and bolts and timelines around the manager's protracted contract negotiations, the scramble to sign five players, mostly defenders, on the same day, the cock up with some of those contracts and the imposition of the embargo.

Did the manager know the embargo was going to be imposed. Was it a panic to get the players in ? Did they sign on that day or were contracts registered later?

Typically murky and opaque.

For all it faults, we do miss The Chron. Meat and drink to good journalists all this. Can you imagine Jim Williams or Tony Bugby with all this to go at on a daily basis?

36 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

It would be very interesting to know the nuts and bolts and timelines around the manager's protracted contract negotiations, the scramble to sign five players, mostly defenders, on the same day, the cock up with some of those contracts and the imposition of the embargo.

Did the manager know the embargo was going to be imposed. Was it a panic to get the players in ? Did they sign on that day or were contracts registered later?

For all it faults, we do miss The Chron. Meat and drink to good journalists all this. Can you imagine Jim Williams or Tony Bugby with all this to go at on a daily basis?

Are thes eall freesheets that Tony Bugby is writing for these days?

Tony Bugby – Saddleworth Independent (saddind.co.uk)

Tony Bugby – Shaw, Crompton and Royton Correspondent (shawandroytoncorrespondent.co.uk)

Tony Bugby – Tameside Correspondent

56 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

You do have to wonder how much he knew about what he was getting into he must have known about what this club is about these days.

I do wonder if he was promised a couple more signings than what has been delivered. If he has started the season with this squad and said to the board that its good enough to go up then yeah get rid of him but I'm guessing that isn't the case.

For me it’s not the embargo or the dreadful hand he has been dealt by the owners. I see those as totally separate to decision to want to get rid as everyone will be up against it. The only questions for me are if they players are playing for him in his style - yes they are. Second is he making reasonable calls with team and formation - no. He won’t learn, playing hope at right wing back for 2 games is a terrible call. Playing defensively when our 3 mids are lightweight more attacking players, stifling wing backs when one is stobbs, a former winger with his previous club. Formations that force 5-6-7 players to play out of usual positions. All decisions which are not good for me, and for that reason I think someone else who is adaptable or will consider different styles shapes is a better option for us especially as we won’t sign anyone in jan. I just can’t see him getting the best out of them, he will continue with 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 all season. Plus his overall record is absolutely horrific, someone must be able to do better 

2 hours ago, Dickie Down said:

Jim Williams wrote as he saw it, one players  performance was described as 'wretched'.

Didn't Curle tell AL that he didn't want him to pay off the loan? 

He will be able to make signings in January if he offloads dead wood. It's the injuries that are most concerning, although even if they are all fit we are still short of a couple of strikers. The only strikers that will be available in January are the ones which are out of favour at their present clubs, as Doyle was. We were extremely lucky there.

3 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Didn't Curle tell AL that he didn't want him to pay off the loan? 

He will be able to make signings in January if he offloads dead wood. It's the injuries that are most concerning, although even if they are all fit we are still short of a couple of strikers. The only strikers that will be available in January are the ones which are out of favour at their present clubs, as Doyle was. We were extremely lucky there.

There are two ways of offloading 'dead wood' 

Sell them or pay them off. Can't say either one seems likely. 

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Jim Williams wrote as he saw it, one players  performance was described as 'wretched'.

I think after one dreadful game the Chron headline was something like 'What a load of rubbish'

My sister laminated and had it on her wall at home and I think took it with her to university.

58 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

"Jim Beardall, the Latics centre forward, who is as sophisticated as a fall down the stairs !" comes to mind.

Jim Beardall. I'm sure he used to sink a flagon or two of OB bitter just before each game.

Archived