• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm genuinely gutted that it isn't working with Curle in charge.  Not because I particularly like or dislike the guy, but because we finally have someone who has a decent track record who has been in similar situations to this, yet he and his team look so bereft of ideas.

A managerial chance between now and end of the season would be the most critical in the club's history so far and, while I think it might be needed, I'm not certain that anyone will be able to succeed.

52 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'm genuinely gutted that it isn't working with Curle in charge.  Not because I particularly like or dislike the guy, but because we finally have someone who has a decent track record who has been in similar situations to this, yet he and his team look so bereft of ideas.

A managerial chance between now and end of the season would be the most critical in the club's history so far and, while I think it might be needed, I'm not certain that anyone will be able to succeed.

It could be we are like the boy who cried wolf with regard to the manager. We have got rid of so many on a whim, that when it might be a good idea to part company, then we are unable to because of cost, perception etc.

8 hours ago, Dickie Down said:

It could be we are like the boy who cried wolf with regard to the manager. We have got rid of so many on a whim, that when it might be a good idea to part company, then we are unable to because of cost, perception etc.

Few chants of we want Curle out will sort that I am sure. Is this even being said at games at all ? 

I've an unfounded feeling that defeat against Ipswich will signal the end for Curle. Abdallah must be praying for a win to be in with the long shot at a big cup draw should we get past Barrow.

The fact Curle has lasted this long, added with the embargo is compelling evidence that AL has not a pot to piss in. Or he's point blank refusing to waste any more money than he needs to on his dead duck. It feels like trying to swim with Giant Haystacks on your back to be brutally honest.

17 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I've an unfounded feeling that defeat against Ipswich will signal the end for Curle. Abdallah must be praying for a win to be in with the long shot at a big cup draw should we get past Barrow.

The fact Curle has lasted this long, added with the embargo is compelling evidence that AL has not a pot to piss in. Or he's point blank refusing to waste any more money than he needs to on his dead duck. It feels like trying to swim with Giant Haystacks on your back to be brutally honest.

If that's the case, and I think you may be right, why won't he sell and recover whatever cash he can? It's totally baffling t me.

6 minutes ago, al_bro said:

If that's the case, and I think you may be right, why won't he sell and recover whatever cash he can? It's totally baffling t me.

totally. Why is curle getting an extended stay above all the other managers? If he’s given up or doesn’t have the money why not put it up for sale? Very strange. 

4 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

I can see why he's only got one promotion in his managerial career. Stubborn as a mule is KC and a bigger dinosaur than John Sheridan 😏

I hope in his after match interview he admits he's been playing the wrong formation all season and his starting line up including Cisse was a massive mistake.

He will more likely say though we had chances to win and was pleased with his players attitude.

Archived