50 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Jim Beardall scored 10 goals in 21 appearances, we'd be glad of that now.

http://barryhugmansfootballers.com/player/1205

Yes. I've seen that before. A very good start as I remember, tailed off before Christmas and carted off , along with the equally poor David Bright, to Great Harwood in the New Year as Jimmy Frizzell made space for his signings. His replacement wasn't bad!

Funny, though, these days he'd probably have been sold upwards for money in January after an arrangement in In October.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Jim Beardall scored 10 goals in 21 appearances, we'd be glad of that now.

http://barryhugmansfootballers.com/player/1205

It appears I do him an injustice. I don't remember him being that prolific to be honest. Fair play to the man but my overwhelming memory of him is his movement, it reminded me of a slow oil tanker.

3 hours ago, redlion said:

It appears I do him an injustice. I don't remember him being that prolific to be honest. Fair play to the man but my overwhelming memory of him is his movement, it reminded me of a slow oil tanker.

I think he fitted in with the comment from Tommy Docherty (or was it Bill Shankly?) about another player. "His pace is deceptive. He's actually slower than he looks"

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to Mr Waffle explaining his tactics and team selection, no doubt he will justify it to cover his ineptitude.

I'd like the interviewer to ask him why does he persist in playing the ineffective Hope?

12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'm looking forward to Mr Waffle explaining his tactics and team selection, no doubt he will justify it to cover his ineptitude.

I'd like the interviewer to ask him why does he persist in playing the ineffective Hope?

Hope has to be the worst signing we’ve ever made but that is again on the manager 

he is not a striker, he's an attacking midfielder and this twat is playing him as a target man or pissing right wing back 

Curle stays because basically AL don’t give a shite and probably doesn’t want to or can’t pay him and his coaching staff off!!

He needs to decide and decide quickly whether he wants to haul this club out of the shite!

If AL isn’t prepared to sell the club and stays beyond the next transfer window, no if’s or but’s we will at best be down in the National League!!

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Who else is there to play? Can't rely on Dearnley for any period of time.

11 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Curle stays because basically AL don’t give a shite and probably doesn’t want to or can’t pay him and his coaching staff off!!

He needs to decide and decide quickly whether he wants to haul this club out of the shite!

If AL isn’t prepared to sell the club and stays beyond the next transfer window, no if’s or but’s we will at best be down in the National League!!

this is just one of the things I don’t get. If we go down he will lose more money than a payoff. He’s been quick to trigger other managers so why is curle any different. Relegation would hit the price of the club hard, therefore if he isn’t going to sell not sure why he won’t sack him. If he is going to sell and isn’t interested why come out and say he won’t sell. I’m lost on it, but for some reason curle is getting an extended period even though his record is terrible. 

dickie down.frizz made the signings financed by a mill owner/chairman.can remember is first name  john but not is second.frizz wasnt first chice.the job was offered to frank lord,a chadderton man and former centre forward for rochdale.lord had aquired a good coching pedegree.and was coaching in south africa.he accepted the job but the declined citing it would hinder  british coaches. getting jobs i s/a f he broke the contract.frizz was doing well as caretaker and eventually offered the job.when lord did return to uk he managed hereford.sacked after 12mths.the rest is history.

44 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Absolutely.

I'm bemused as to why he doesn't play Adams in centre-mid (where he played him when he won promotion with Northampton) instead of out wide (where, at a veteran age, he's expected to peg it up and down the wing), but apart from that, our best team was out there today in the best formation.

Blame that on the fucking owners.  A change of manager will, in reality, change nothing.

57 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

As most will agree, anyone except Hope.

I'd even play the hapless Diarra up front for some semblance of aggression.

This manager is a stick in the mud though and won't try anything not in his tactics book (which is only one page I think).

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

As most will agree, anyone except Hope.

I'd even play the hapless Diarra up front for some semblance of aggression.

This manager is a stick in the mud though and won't try anything not in his tactics book (which is only one page I think).

You'd play a guy who's literally never scored a goal up front? Come on, let's get serious.

22 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Absolutely.

I'm bemused as to why he doesn't play Adams in centre-mid (where he played him when he won promotion with Northampton) instead of out wide (where, at a veteran age, he's expected to peg it up and down the wing), but apart from that, our best team was out there today in the best formation.

Blame that on the fucking owners.  A change of manager will, in reality, change nothing.

I mean a different manager might bring some improvement, and Curle strikes me as an absolute energy vacuum but as you say any new guy coming in is still working with the same group of players.

20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I mean a different manager might bring some improvement, and Curle strikes me as an absolute energy vacuum but as you say any new guy coming in is still working with the same group of players.

I'd hope a new manager would play sensible tactics and bring in tougher players in January.

20 minutes ago, Emcee_Latic said:

Curle's after match interview - he says (again) silly mistakes have cost us but he will change things.

When has this arsehole changed anything!

Says the same things over and over again (and again) a verbal dog day afternoon.

32 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

What sensible tactics would you deploy? Is there scope to bring in these tougher players in January?

You're not telling me Mcgahey vacating the centre to dash to the touchline to cover for a wing back caught upfield is a sensible tactic?

I've said many times a flat back 4 and only one deep lying midfielder.

Anyone but Hope up front.

Curle says he has targeted the players he wants so we shall see.

20 minutes ago, Emcee_Latic said:

Curle's after match interview - he says (again) silly mistakes have cost us but he will change things.

When has this arsehole changed anything!

lets get rid this fucker an the clowns are taking us down time for some action

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

I've said many times a flat back 4 and only one deep lying midfielder.

Anyone but Hope up front.

Curle says he has targeted the players he wants so we shall see.

We don't have a right back, a left midfielder or two strikers though.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I'd hope a new manager would play sensible tactics and bring in tougher players in January.

Seriously, you need to stop thinking that we have a chance of signing players in January that will make a difference

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Seriously, you need to stop thinking that we have a chance of signing players in January that will make a difference

I've said there are plenty better out there even within our budget, other clubs will sign them for sure. 

Check who they sign and you will see.

Archived