MATCH: vs Northampton Town (A) 23/11/21

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... Hopcutt breathed a bit of life into that second half. We still lost... but it shows that when we play a formation that works this League is total shit if they're gunning for autos. Should have come away with a point if Hart had a right foot. Hopcutt should have scored too. If he plays 3-5-2 at Salford he wants putting in the stocks on the Town Hall steps. 

1 minute ago, GKing521 said:

Well... Hopcutt breathed a bit of life into that second half. We still lost... but it shows that when we play a formation that works this League is total shit if they're gunning for autos. Should have come away with a point if Hart had a right foot. Hopcutt should have scored too. If he plays 3-5-2 at Salford he wants putting in the stocks on the Town Hall steps. 

Can a leopard change its spots?

Terrible first half, much improved second.

Poor performance is a reflection of the players, but nobody watching the game can fail to notice how much the 4-4-2 shape galvanised the play.

Keith Curle is fairly criticised for recruitment (Hope) and team selection, starting eleven wasn't right first half.

The ref was almost certainly intending to red card Harrison McGahey for the last minute tussle, but Keith said enough to turn it yellow.

Take this battling spirit to Salford, must have a chance, things are not going well there.

2nd half performance shows again that curle got it wrong tactically. He’s losing us games persisting with 3 at back. He’s upward of 70% to blame for our league position for me. The players seem behind him but the crowd shouldn’t be, his persistence of playing people out of position week in week out is infuriating me! I def think someone else might keep this lot up by just playing people in their positions 

19 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

+1

Just now, rossy52 said:

so frustrating to wait until 0-2 down before changing to a formation that suits the players we have

How can Curle not see what we all can !!!!

Needs to go imo

I've been criticised on here for banging on about it all season, but I've been an observer of the game for many years and said early doors the 3 centre backs formation cannot  work with the players we have.

The 2nd half with a flat back 4 showed the  players were far more comfortable with this tactic.

However, I credit Curle with taking his head out of the sand at last.

Let's hope he doesn't bury it again and revert to type at Salford.

His biggest mistake though was not bringing in a big, strong centre forward who could score a few goals in the transfer window when he had ample chance instead of putting all his faith in Hope and telling us many times he will score goals.

Archived