Abdallahs latest act of cowardice

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s disgusting - but sadly not surprising. Really feel for the lads involved who have done nothing wrong. 

The time for emailing or trying engage with the club is long gone. The only think that matters anymore is their departure, but with no one willing to pay AL his 6 million asking price. I think they’re here for the foreseeable. 

Think we just have to let them get on with it now and hope someone is willing to pick up the baton when it comes to it, trying to engage with them in any shape of form is just a waste of time, any protests other than not spending any of your money on it are just noise.

More noise from the fans means more media coverage which could mean more chance of catching the attention of potential investors and keeping the problems relevant.  The fans still have a role to play.  Sitting back and watching it happen mean we just drift silently into the abyss.

No way back with for the current regime.  I'd even view a dramatic change of attitude with suspicion.  A leopard doesn't change their spots..

Expect pitch invasions and missiles on the pitch if the boxing day game goes ahead, nice big bill from GMP and any security firm involved given it's a bank holiday, gone too far this now and protests at every level need to be ramped up - unfortunately. 

Pair of cunts aided by a couple of sycophants.

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

It's hard to work out the reasoning behind this, does Abdallah believe that this course of action will make the fans fall in line, or does he genuinely not give a shit if he loses more fans. Or is Mo behind all of this. 

25 minutes ago, JoeP said:

More noise from the fans means more media coverage which could mean more chance of catching the attention of potential investors and keeping the problems relevant.  The fans still have a role to play.  Sitting back and watching it happen mean we just drift silently into the abyss.

No way back with for the current regime.  I'd even view a dramatic change of attitude with suspicion.  A leopard doesn't change their spots..

Think we've had all the national media attention we are going to get for now, they'll only be back for a relegation or administration.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think we've had all the national media attention we are going to get for now, they'll only be back for a relegation or administration.

You'd think, but the club is the gift that keeps on giving at the moment...

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I don't see it like that, to be honest. Football governance has never been under closer scrutiny than it is now and this kind of clownshoes behaviour will attract plenty of attention. Especially if fans of other clubs and the FSA pick it up and make a fuss. We are trying  to do our bit on Twitter this evening and our local paper have picked it up because of the Oyston connection.

35 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I know you’re coming from, but that horse has bolted. There’s no way we’re getting another 1000 or even 500 back on the gate to effectively pay to show discontent/protest. The vast majority would much rather spend their hard earned elsewhere, and It’s hard to argue with that. 

5 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

I don't see it like that, to be honest. Football governance has never been under closer scrutiny than it is now and this kind of clownshoes behaviour will attract plenty of attention. Especially if fans of other clubs and the FSA pick it up and make a fuss. We are trying  to do our bit on Twitter this evening and our local paper have picked it up because of the Oyston connection.

At your lowest ebb, did any of your fans start paying on the day again to protest in the ground? I only ask, because when things got really bad for you guys, I seem to remember your place being a ghost town on any highlights I saw. 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

At your lowest ebb, did any of your fans start paying on the day again to protest in the ground? I only ask, because when things got really bad for you guys, I seem to remember your place being a ghost town on any highlights I saw. 

No, we never did that. We probably got down to around 1,000 or so going into home games. Drew Arsenal at home in the FA Cup, only sold 4,000 home tickets. Reached a play-off final with Exeter and again only took 4,000 (we'd taken 32,000 and 38,000 on the two previous occasions).  Probably 75% of the home fans at those two games weren't regulars. 

I think you are entitled to be angry. But I also think you have got them rattled. 

29 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I imagine The Oldham Times will pick up this story?

Archived