Abdallahs latest act of cowardice

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, League one forever said:

What makes you think the current climate of Covid would stop admin? The club have had their covid help through EFL loans- which they haven’t paid back yet. If AL is behind on the rent as well, then Blitz is perfectly within his rights to take AL to court. If AL can’t or won’t pay- then the club goes into admin as he is a major creditor and entitled to his money by law- it’s got nothing to do with Covid being rough for business. 

The reason blitz doesn’t take him to court, is he effectively shooting himself in the foot- because if AL doesn’t pay then as a non football related creditor he’d have to settle for some measly amount in the pound from any perspective buyer. And we all know Uncle Si doesn’t lose money. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/eviction-protection-extended-for-businesses-most-in-need

That's why.

I’d be amazed if he isn’t urgently looking for a way out. Why he can still be arsed is beyond me. He tried it, he failed and managed to alienate almost everyone at the same time.

Write it off and move on. 

Once that happens I hope that the same people will go after Blitz with the same ferocity and energy. 

4 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Fucked if I know. 

Sounds like it all comes down to his person being insulted. He talks about 200 (probably mostly volunteers and emergency services) people who work at BP on match days. Well it would be 202 if he and his brother bothered to put in a turn.

He sounds on the brink to me and doesnt really know what is going on.

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’d be amazed if he isn’t urgently looking for a way out. Why he can still be arsed is beyond me. He tried it, he failed and managed to alienate almost everyone at the same time.

Once that happens I hope that the same people will go after Blitz with the same ferocity and energy. 

The only reason I can think he's hanging on is the possibility (in his mind) that he could get some monies back from Brassbank over the funding of the North Stand. Haven't the club stated they may go to court over it?

17 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Agreed.

16 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

The same reason why Corney stuck around I suppose.  We are a hard club to flog.

5 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

The same reason why Corney stuck around I suppose.  We are a hard club to flog.

It is for the price he supposedly wants..

I think he's got more miles in him.  He's refused to budge so far, so I'm not sure the latest debacle will change his attitude..

24 minutes ago, JoeP said:

It is for the price he supposedly wants..

I think he's got more miles in him.  He's refused to budge so far, so I'm not sure the latest debacle will change his attitude..

Publicly atleast but privately I'm not so sure. He will have to accept less than what he initially hoped that's a given but I honestly can't see him being here in 12 months that interview was almost of someone who is bordering on unhinged. 

I think we are entering the end game here. We haven't yet reached the Nadir yet I don't think but it won't be far away it could well get ugly.

The main problem is that he comes from a completely different culture from the one in which the club and it's long suffering fans live in. 

He has proved over and over again, that he just doesn't understand how football clubs operate in this country. And the passion shown by football supporters is an alien concept to him.

His interview today with talk sport proved conclusively that he is floundering in a sea of his, and his brothers total ineptitude . 

I’m past caring about life after AL and if it comes to the crunch and we have to drop down to the National League then so be it…… he has all but destroyed this football club and I just want him gone!

I think if he does decide to sell he may try and recoup some of his losses and any saleable assets we have may be gone in January. If it means he’s gone then I’m willing to take that chance!

If he chooses not to sell, then somehow, he has to be forced out!
The longer he is here the more damage will be done and the bigger the hole we will have to climb out of!!

He has surely lost what little support he had and it should be obvious to everyone now that he hasn’t a bloody clue what he’s doing!!!

Maybe the way to go is to starve him of all income by boycotting the remaining home games and instead, ramping up the protests outside the ground on match days!

37 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

The main problem is that he comes from a completely different culture from the one in which the club and it's long suffering fans live in. 

He has proved over and over again, that he just doesn't understand how football clubs operate in this country. And the passion shown by football supporters is an alien concept to him.

His interview today with talk sport proved conclusively that he is floundering in a sea of his, and his brothers total ineptitude . 

He's not the only owner of a football club in England who cone from a different culture. Football club chairman in this country even at this level come from all over the world some of whom succeed.

I've lived in a foreign country I know what that's like trying to adapt but I don't think we should see that as an excuse for the acts of self sabotage which are currently going on.

26 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He's not the only owner of a football club in England who cone from a different culture. Football club chairman in this country even at this level come from all over the world some of whom succeed.

I've lived in a foreign country I know what that's like trying to adapt but I don't think we should see that as an excuse for the acts of self sabotage which are currently going on.

Yes, but the owners of our club, probably have far less help from professional people, who actually have experience, and understand how a football club operates, than any of the others that you allude to. Good heaven's, they still don't understand why they are hated by so many. 

Archived