Abdallahs latest act of cowardice

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

No, we never did that. We probably got down to around 1,000 or so going into home games. Drew Arsenal at home in the FA Cup, only sold 4,000 home tickets. Reached a play-off final with Exeter and again only took 4,000 (we'd taken 32,000 and 38,000 on the two previous occasions).  Probably 75% of the home fans at those two games weren't regulars. 

I think you are entitled to be angry. But I also think you have got them rattled. 

Yeah, they definitely don’t like the negative media attention. No question.

In addition when fans did protest inside the ground, it brought about the biggest noise. So I have some sympathy with the view- of going again to keep the pressure up. I just can’t bring myself to pay money to protest, and I don’t think I’m alone in thinking that. 

I think the major difference between us and you though, is that you had a much more united and engaged fanbase. So while they weren’t going to games they would still turn up outside the ground every week- etc. I’d like us to go down this route personally. 

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

Who reads this paper? 

The Oldham public are well aware of what's going on. It needs a major national to run this story. One of the more reputable ones preferably. 

Not sure how many people read it, but to be fair Suzanne Geldard writes some excellent columns and match reports. She is pretty much the only source of information for fans in relation to normal football matters at the club. Much more than the club itself. Any coverage that she is able to provide is good coverage. 👍

There are two types of football banning orders criminal and civil both have to brought to the courts by the police then enforced by the courts,a criminal one would come after being arrest for criminal behaviour, a civil one would come by the police submitting evidence to the courts that a certain individual is persistently committed in acts of anti social behaviour..

These bans are for 3 years for first ban and 5 years for a second, the terms of the bans are for home and away games (sometimes with restrictions of travelling to the town or city of away games) and to surrender your passport when England play abroad.

In the case of these 3 lads I sense foul play.. I think the mastermind of these letters wants to dress this ban up at as if it was a legitimate ban when it isn't, I urge these lads to get intouch with the Football Supporters Association.. there will be someone there with the relevant knowledge and experience who will help.

1 hour ago, wroteforluck87 said:

There are two types of football banning orders criminal and civil both have to brought to the courts by the police then enforced by the courts,a criminal one would come after being arrest for criminal behaviour, a civil one would come by the police submitting evidence to the courts that a certain individual is persistently committed in acts of anti social behaviour..

These bans are for 3 years for first ban and 5 years for a second, the terms of the bans are for home and away games (sometimes with restrictions of travelling to the town or city of away games) and to surrender your passport when England play abroad.

In the case of these 3 lads I sense foul play.. I think the mastermind of these letters wants to dress this ban up at as if it was a legitimate ban when it isn't, I urge these lads to get intouch with the Football Supporters Association.. there will be someone there with the relevant knowledge and experience who will help.

They can ban whoever they like for whatever reason they like for home games - just like any pub landlord can bar someone

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

They can ban whoever they like for whatever reason they like for home games - just like any pub landlord can bar someone

Yes but if those banned haven’t done anything to actually warrant it (ie breach terms of conditions of the ST) and it doesn’t appear they have, they are fully entitled to request and receive refunds

They haven’t breached the contract, the club has  

3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Yes but if those banned haven’t done anything to actually warrant it (ie breach terms of conditions of the ST) and it doesn’t appear they have, they are fully entitled to request and receive refunds

They haven’t breached the contract, the club has  

Probably so but not the key issue unless those lads think it is

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

Having already paid, should a letter come through my door I certainly won’t be paying any more 

I don't agree with banning them from the ground, but should they wish to watch the matches on ifollow it's a personal choice IMO.

Archived