Sheridan back

I cannot fathom why 90% (Twitter poll) are saying they’d break their boycott for this. What exactly were you boycotting over? If it’s the owner, how does this change anything?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m buzzing with Shez back. In all honestly I feel it’s a few games too late as 7 points is a huge gap, but I’ll probably make the effort to go to a few aways between now and the end of the season. 

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I cannot fathom why 90% (Twitter poll) are saying they’d break their boycott for this. What exactly were you boycotting over? If it’s the owner, how does this change anything?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m buzzing with Shez back. In all honestly I feel it’s a few games too late as 7 points is a huge gap, but I’ll probably make the effort to go to a few aways between now and the end of the season. 

We need to stay up. 

10 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Just call everyone scabs...

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

We’ve needed to stay up all season. What’s changed? 

Will the boycott resume again if we lose the next 4 games? Serious question. 

Well Abdallah has finally acknowledged his ownership isn’t working, isn’t wanted and that he’s now willing to sell. That feels like big change from the previous noises coming out of the club. We haven’t had a home league game since he made that statement. And it came at a tricky time for the proposed Leyton O (h) protest as hard to reverse that communication to fans, so rightly was still going ahead.

Getting behind Selim’s team was a tough ask. Clearly wasn’t an appointment that was working.

Shez in charge will galvanise support. It’s an near impossible situation so now feels like the right time to assemble as a fan base (or tossers unite as fake Barry would say). Even ending in relegation, a reinvigorated fanbase could help showcase new buyers a more positive Oldham. The Lemmies must know this, so a calculated move on their part. Just hope the intention to sell is genuine.

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

I look at it as we the fans wanted a significant sign of change from those in charge and here it is at last apointing a manager who has the potential to sort on the field out .would they have done this without lord John's offer who knows will it work who knows but it's something I'm willing to back for now .signes of mo sticking his oar in and its and it's back to boycott .its a significant lift to both the players and fans and to not back it and blow it would play right into Barry and the realistic groups hands  

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

Supporting the team in the next home game is not really different to a “pack the park” protest.

We the fans have got our way in appointment of someone with the experience to manage a team, and who has an attachment to the club.

We should celebrate that.  Hopefully we can have a remote hope of staying up.

If there is no sign of movement  towards a sale going forward, we can all boycott again.  A few more pounds through the turnstiles won’t fix ALs debts.

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

As bad as our owners have been our protest looks to have had the desired effect. The club is up for sale and apparently there are several interested parties, for me the job is almost done.

Relegation would be absolutely disastrous for this club and Shez is going to be counting on the fans to be the 12th man. There is absolutely no point to him coming here if we’re not going to back him!!

Staying in this division is now the No.1 priority and IMO we should pack the Park home and away from now until May.

There is no way back now for the Lemmies….let’s get behind Shez and his team, we can worry about next season when we know where we’ll be playing!!!

10 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

Ffs now red fleece is trying to claim credit for this will we ever be rid of this cancer from our club 

https://twitter.com/tossersunite/status/1485037686629011465?s=20

He's a strange individual. 

Evidence of how vindictive the owners are, if there's any truth in it though. They deserve no credit for pulling this move out of the bag. 

27 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

Ffs now red fleece is trying to claim credit for this will we ever be rid of this cancer from our club 

https://twitter.com/tossersunite/status/1485037686629011465?s=20

13 minutes ago, JoeP said:

He's a strange individual. 

Evidence of how vindictive the owners are, if there's any truth in it though. They deserve no credit for pulling this move out of the bag. 

It amazes me people still think it’s actually Barry 

I'd advise John to bring in a big centre forward like Beck of Harrogate who isn't catching the team at the moment.

He isn't quick but is very strong and great in the air for getting on the end of Adam's crosses.

Will come quite cheap too, initially on loan.

Ok he's not the top quality we all want, but needs must 

Just now, JoeP said:

Well he's an even stranger individual then!

The three things that stand out to me 

a: his handle is @tossersunite 

b: he openly abuses and swears at fans (for all his faults Barry never did that on here or from within the club and I don’t think he would)

C. That account has the same grammar and literacy of the other nob head with a million accounts who likes talking to himself 

so yes he is strange 

10 hours ago, Ryan said:

AL hadn’t announced his desire to sell and hadn’t asked/allowed Sheridan back before.  

If Sheridan is prepared to come back with his history with the owners, then the least we can do is support him in that. 

21 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The three things that stand out to me 

a: his handle is @tossersunite 

b: he openly abuses and swears at fans (for all his faults Barry never did that on here or from within the club and I don’t think he would)

C. That account has the same grammar and literacy of the other nob head with a million accounts who likes talking to himself 

so yes he is strange 

Agree with a and b, especially the bad language. Not sure about c as I don’t think it’s quite as nonsensical as that guy! The fact that chuckle seems to so readily agree with his every post makes me think it’s someone from the ‘realistic fans’
group. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

AL hadn’t announced his desire to sell and hadn’t asked/allowed Sheridan back before.  

If Sheridan is prepared to come back with his history with the owners, then the least we can do is support him in that. 

I’d be willing to come back for those reasons. But I’d also like to see some commitment to improving the squad. That’s what he promised. Shez is a step forward but he needs a better squad to work with. 

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Agree with a and b, especially the bad language. Not sure about c as I don’t think it’s quite as nonsensical as that guy! The fact that chuckle seems to so readily agree with his every post makes me think it’s someone from the ‘realistic fans’
group. 

Yeah C should probably have been his/her/it’s obsession and hatred of Matt and PTB 

As much as it would be comforting to think that John Sheridan has come back in preparation for the embargo to be resolved, a flood of new players chosen by the manager, a surge up the table, followed by a sale of the club to responsible and deep pocketed owners, I remain unhappily sceptical.

Together with the announcement of the club being up for sale, the appointment of Sheridan seems a piece of opportunist populism which gets the supporters off ALMO's back for a while, brings in a few bob through the turnstile and kills the momentum of the protests.

It will cost very little up front with any outlay coming in the unlikely event of us stopping up and bears the shadow of a dreaded red fleece.

In my heart, I do want us to stop up, but what then? Same owners, same problems next season?

28 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

As much as it would be comforting to think that John Sheridan has come back in preparation for the embargo to be resolved, a flood of new players chosen by the manager, a surge up the table, followed by a sale of the club to responsible and deep pocketed owners, I remain unhappily sceptical.

Together with the announcement of the club being up for sale, the appointment of Sheridan seems a piece of opportunist populism which gets the supporters off ALMO's back for a while, brings in a few bob through the turnstile and kills the momentum of the protests.

It will cost very little up front with any outlay coming in the unlikely event of us stopping up and bears the shadow of a dreaded red fleece.

In my heart, I do want us to stop up, but what then? Same owners, same problems next season?

They’ll be back to boycotting if Shez doesn’t hit the ground running. The lack of principles amongst our fanbase is nothing short of sickening.

Archived