Sheridan back

41 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Their has been quite alot of euphoria of the return of John Sheridan obviously for who he is and I understand why, but that is only half the battle.

But if we don't make 3-4 signings in key positions we will be relegated. As the man said himself its about the players and this squad isn't good enough.

I'd hate for JS to be the one in charge if we were relegated out of the football league. Even though it clearly wouldn't be his fault.

The thought of being relegated at home to Salford while 400 bored Man United fans celebrate in the chaddy or worse being relegated at Prenton Park isn't one I want to contemplate either.

We.need.signings.

If we’re deep in the mire come spring, I hope he’ll walk before it’s mathematically confirmed 

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I think we've established that for now there is only one place in the squad.  If they were really serious they'd sort the embargo out because, for now, even if they free up a place through a sale or paying somebody off the wage restriction makes us a very unlikely destination for any decent striker.  I'd say our only hope is a loan from one of Shez' contacts which makes what Tony Carss said on the pod about as encouraging as we could hope for.

I’ve no reason to doubt you’re squad number analysis- but is it conceivable that Shez has taken it on knowing he’ll only get one signing? 

If that is the case, then even with Shez we’re screwed- there isn’t even a glimmer. 

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’ve no reason to doubt you’re squad number analysis- but is it conceivable that Shez has taken it on knowing he’ll only get one signing? 

If that is the case, then even with Shez we’re screwed- there isn’t even a glimmer. 

I'd agree.  Could be extra space if Vaughan or Couto go, or if they manage to pay a member of the deadwood gang off.  There is a certain amount of subjectivity in the rules regarding how the youths are treated as squad members but even taking the view that the EFL has been lenient I can't see how there is room for any more than one at present.  Can only wonder at the Hunt and Missilou signings

On 1/24/2022 at 6:43 PM, PeteG said:

I think last time we were 8 adrift of 5th bottom.

Well it's 5 this time.

On 1/24/2022 at 11:44 PM, BP1960 said:

Player recommendation sent to the club fao Shez.

Not a world beater, but could do a much needed job I feel.

Awaiting an email acknowlement so not sure if he will receive it or not as I've no close contacts there anymore.

Would they be free?

27 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd agree.  Could be extra space if Vaughan or Couto go, or if they manage to pay a member of the deadwood gang off.  There is a certain amount of subjectivity in the rules regarding how the youths are treated as squad members but even taking the view that the EFL has been lenient I can't see how there is room for any more than one at present.  Can only wonder at the Hunt and Missilou signings

Replacing Bowden and Vaughan  I guess. Get rid of Jameson and Hope and that would create space.

37 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Can we pay off players whilst under embargo? 

It isn't just about number of players with the embargo it is about financials as well. Every club that took out a loan had to produce a business plan of how they were going to finance the club with the reduced solidarity payments whilst they paid off the loan. It is important that the club has stayed within that income/expenditure budget.

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

Even with better coaching?

A few snippets from the presser….

"I'm working at this moment in time to get a striker and another position."

"I'm talking to players and we're trying to get one or two in.

"We're a bit short of numbers but what I've seen in training I'm very very pleased."

Late to the party but I've been really busy with work which has allowed abit of time for my own giddiness to calm down abit and process the situation and the job at hand.. 

Going back to Saturday, the low allocation ment I wouldn't be attending Harrogate away for a jolly boys outing as I previously thought and instead I would be in the comfort of my own home watching the game on the dodgy firestick, at full time a standard latics 21/22 performance accompanied by messages from those present at the game pretty much set in stone that a fight to stay in the league was not going to happen and we would be relegated as soon as the mathematics dictated so, at this point I opened a bottle of congac which my dad bought me at Christmas to drown my sorrows..

A few hours later I was sent a screenshot that I automaticaly assumed was from a bogus twitter account until my WhatsApp groups went bonkers and confirmed that wasn't the case. I was no longer drowning my sorrows..  alexa was asked to play "Mrs Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel and I began to explain the magnitude of the situation to my (non football loving) better half who did her level best to fain an interest in the conversation.

Having shifted the hang over and reassessing the table after Colchester and Barrow's midweek defeats the task at hand now we've Lord John back at the helm seems an achievable one and I don't seem to be alone in that belief either with 1000k extra advance tickets sold for Saturday game against the other lot, 130+ Half Season tickets sold and the club putting on an extra coach for Scunny away it feels like a Shezzarection is a brewing. 

32 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Late to the party but I've been really busy with work which has allowed abit of time for my own giddiness to calm down abit and process the situation and the job at hand.. 

Going back to Saturday, the low allocation ment I wouldn't be attending Harrogate away for a jolly boys outing as I previously thought and instead I would be in the comfort of my own home watching the game on the dodgy firestick, at full time a standard latics 21/22 performance accompanied by messages from those present at the game pretty much set in stone that a fight to stay in the league was not going to happen and we would be relegated as soon as the mathematics dictated so, at this point I opened a bottle of congac which my dad bought me at Christmas to drown my sorrows..

A few hours later I was sent a screenshot that I automaticaly assumed was from a bogus twitter account until my WhatsApp groups went bonkers and confirmed that wasn't the case. I was no longer drowning my sorrows..  alexa was asked to play "Mrs Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel and I began to explain the magnitude of the situation to my (non football loving) better half who did her level best to fain an interest in the conversation.

Having shifted the hang over and reassessing the table after Colchester and Barrow's midweek defeats the task at hand now we've Lord John back at the helm seems an achievable one and I don't seem to be alone in that belief either with 1000k extra advance tickets sold for Saturday game against the other lot, 130+ Half Season tickets sold and the club putting on an extra coach for Scunny away it feels like a Shezzarection is a brewing. 

Even Shez at his best won't save this shower of shite, the owner has to clear the loan and invest in a couple of decent additions, but we all know this isn't going to happen. 

1 hour ago, wroteforluck87 said:

This is my concern about the situation. The owners have realised there is money to be made from getting Shez back rather than them doing everything they can to keep us in the league. 

If it was such a no brainer to the club, they would of snapped his hand off as soon as he offered.  Instead the story had to get leaked to press to get a reaction.

On 1/26/2022 at 1:32 PM, Ryan said:

If we’re deep in the mire come spring, I hope he’ll walk before it’s mathematically confirmed 

Selim might be back in charge for Bristol Rovers, if Dale and Scunthorpe don't go well   

I’ll tell you why….we finally have a light at the end of the tunnel. Let’s just enjoy going to a football match with renewed hope. Give it a chance…It may turn out shit but it’s been shit for the last 4 years….let’s see where we’re at after Scunthorpe!!

I’ve got my ticket for Rochdale on Saturday. It may be a 260 mile 6 hour round trip thanks to the M6 (it used to be just under 4 hours and I thought that was bad!) but as a thank you to Shez I felt I had to do it. First home game for a long time.

I hope the atmosphere will be electric. We’ve got 21 cup matches in effect to save ourselves and the confidence boost from a win on Saturday and then against Scunthorpe could work wonders in this squad.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

I’ve got my ticket for Rochdale on Saturday. It may be a 260 mile 6 hour round trip thanks to the M6 (it used to be just under 4 hours and I thought that was bad!) but as a thank you to Shez I felt I had to do it. First home game for a long time.

I hope the atmosphere will be electric. We’ve got 21 cup matches in effect to save ourselves and the confidence boost from a win on Saturday and then against Scunthorpe could work wonders in this squad.

Imagine the massive pissboil when he starts Diarra, Hope, Fage and Jameson 🤣🤣🤣

11 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I’ll tell you why….we finally have a light at the end of the tunnel. 

Its still the National League Express coming at us. We just need Shez on point duty to make it go through our station instead of stopping to pick us up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived