Went from 22nd to 17th, win % 40.91

Shezurrection 2, Jan - Apr 2017:

Pre-Shez P24 W3 D10 L11 F12 A27 Pts19

With Shez P22 W9 D7 L6 F19 A17 Pts34

Went from 24th to 17th, win % 40.91

Shezurrection 3, Jan - May 2022:

Pre-Shez

Currently 24th P25 W4 D6 L15 F22 A42 Pts18

The above stats are interesting, if I say so myself. Clearly our lack of strikers this season is a huge problem, and I'm not confident this will be remedied in the next seven days. Note though that in the two previous Shezurrections, we weren't prolific, averaging less than a goal a game. In 2016 Kelly and Main led the way with 4 goals each, in 2017 it was Erwin with 6, but in neither spell did we have a regular goalscorer. If Shez can get more out of DKD, Bahamboula and (dare I say it) Dearnley, that could be one route to salvation. Defence is also a problem, we must stop shipping goals, especially as we don't score many. Again, in his previous miracle acts Shez tightened up massively here. I think he'll do so again. His tactical nous is way ahead of Selim and Curle and I think we'll see a big improvement and more backs to the wall stuff. Given our army of midfielders, and the fact that he was such a great one, I have to believe he'll get more of a tune out of our squad in this critical area. So....

It's clearly written in the stars that he'll once again get a win % of 40.91. With 63 points available that translates into 25.77, let's round down to be prudent to 25. That would take us to 43 points, add another six for draws and we finish on 49. The average in the last ten seasons (excluding 2019/20 which finished early) for the team finishing 22nd is 46.9, say 47.

Tighter than a camel's arse in a sandstorm, but I say he'll do it. When he does, we should crowdfund a statue outside Boundary Park (we should probably do that anyway!).

I think he will have a lot of goodwill from others in the game and contacts who want to help. I just pray that that this is a sign the Lemsegans are gone to allow the new owners to move in with a structure to work with

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Shezurrection 1, Jan - May 2016:

Pre-Shez  P24 W3 D12 L9 F26 A38 Pts21

With Shez P22 W9 D6 L7 F18 A20 Pts 33

Pre-Shez

The above stats are interesting, if I say so myself. Clearly our lack of strikers this season is a huge problem, and I'm not confident this will be remedied in the next seven days. Note though that in the two previous Shezurrections, we weren't prolific, averaging less than a goal a game. In 2016 Kelly and Main led the way with 4 goals each, in 2017 it was Erwin with 6, but in neither spell did we have a regular goalscorer. If Shez can get more out of DKD, Bahamboula and (dare I say it) Dearnley, that could be one route to salvation. Defence is also a problem, we must stop shipping goals, especially as we don't score many. Again, in his previous miracle acts Shez tightened up massively here. I think he'll do so again. His tactical nous is way ahead of Selim and Curle and I think we'll see a big improvement and more backs to the wall stuff. Given our army of midfielders, and the fact that he was such a great one, I have to believe he'll get more of a tune out of our squad in this critical area. So....

It's clearly written in the stars that he'll once again get a win % of 40.91. With 63 points available that translates into 25.77, let's round down to be prudent to 25. That would take us to 43 points, add another six for draws and we finish on 49. The average in the last ten seasons (excluding 2019/20 which finished early) for the team finishing 22nd is 46.9, say 47.

Tighter than a camel's arse in a sandstorm, but I say he'll do it. When he does, we should crowdfund a statue outside Boundary Park (we should probably do that anyway!).

Meant to add, it's often said that this is our worst squad in living memory, and I won't pretend otherwise. Shez is also operating in terrible circumstances, with practically one hand tied behind his back, and has one less game to work the magic this time. But against that, (a) it's the crappiest division we've been in, (b) only 2, not 4, go down. This bunch of players came back from 1-4 down against the runaway league leaders, so the spirit is there, and Shez is the man to ignite it. Let's pray he can do so week in week out.

6 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Finish the fans' bar and name that after him.  Appropriate in every way...

45 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Shezurrection 1, Jan - May 2016:

Pre-Shez  P24 W3 D12 L9 F26 A38 Pts21

With Shez P22 W9 D6 L7 F18 A20 Pts 33

Pre-Shez

A quick question @Worcester Owl  - Any idea as to how many points adrift we were when John Sheridan took over? 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

A quick question @Worcester Owl  - Any idea as to how many points adrift we were when John Sheridan took over? 

That's a really good question @TheBigDog, to which I don't know the answer, sorry! There's an app which I think can go back and show you results at particular times of the season and the table as it stood then, but I'm damned if I can remember the name of it!

Good first interview that. He looks well too. 

Sounds like he was done with football and “ready to retire” but he couldn’t turn helping us down after the call made to him on Saturday evening. 

Tommy Wright is with him and he would like to bring a couple of players in. 

13 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

He played three at the back most of the time at Swindon and Chesterfield, can you imagine the reaction on here on Saturday...

It's fine with a good 3, we never had that.

So frustrating this didn’t happen a month or so ago. Would really fancy our chances now for Scunthorpe (h) Barrow (a) Hartlepool (a) Harrogate (a). The Selim Experiment will be the biggest mistake from the Lemmies - and there’s plenty to choose from.

Player recommendation sent to the club fao Shez.

Not a world beater, but could do a much needed job I feel.

Awaiting an email acknowlement so not sure if he will receive it or not as I've no close contacts there anymore.

2 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

So frustrating this didn’t happen a month or so ago. Would really fancy our chances now for Scunthorpe (h) Barrow (a) Hartlepool (a) Harrogate (a). The Selim Experiment will be the biggest mistake from the Lemmies - and there’s plenty to choose from.

Still feel sick about the time wasting at Barrow. One of the few clubs who we can overtake. Unforgivable. 

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Awaiting an email acknowlement so not sure if he will receive it or not as I've no close contacts there anymore.

BP if you want to Direct message me on here I will make sure it gets passed on. 

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I'm sure he's got a few ideas of who he'd like to bring in to adapt to the formation and style of play he wants...no harm in trying though

Archived