Sheridan back

anecdotally (🙄) regarding Shez and applying it to the fan base as a whole in a dangerously unscientific manner, we are looking at a modest rise in attendance for rochdale but a massive rise in atmosphere and pretty much double the away end numbers for scunthorpe (l'm going for 701).

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

anecdotally (🙄) regarding Shez and applying it to the fan base as a whole in a dangerously unscientific manner, we are looking at a modest rise in attendance for rochdale but a massive rise in atmosphere and pretty much double the away end numbers for scunthorpe (l'm going for 701).

742 tickets sold already for scunny 👍

5 hours ago, JoeP said:

If we're a goal up in the dying stages I'll be disappointed if we DON'T take it to the corner flag.  We're just going to give the ball away if we don't.  Keep the ball as far away from our goal as possible.

We're going to have to ignore this "modern game" bollocks too - we need results.  These players aren't good enough to do the complicated stuff.   Time-wasting, long-ball, no playing out from the back, ignore possession % stats, simple, results-at-all-costs football.

Nope. NOT the corner flag…ever.

First away post-Shez appointment, only ‘localish’ game before Tranmere and probably one of the last winnable games we’ll get to build some real momentum.

800 already sold - it’ll be a memorable one this.

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Watching Scunny 0 v 3 ….seriously, how the fuck did we lose to them!!

A lack of commitment from the players to the shit coaching and do we think Sheridan will go 4-4-2 and give the players the rocket up the backside they sorely need? I'm not sure five days to work with that lot is enough to effect a turnaround. 

10 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Watching Scunny 0 v 3 ….seriously, how the fuck did we lose to them!!

Two word answer: Ryan Loft

Good news that they lost but we still have to play Brizzle Rovers at home and last night’s Scunny goal scorer Burns, is the guy they brought in to replace Loft - seems like he’s finally hit some form in time for next weeks six pointer 😮

Oh and Loft signed for Brizzle - not sure why he didn’t play last night but they also have Brett Pitman and Leon Clarke up front… 

Just now, League one forever said:

It has to be Two strikers (if squad allows) I can only see one coming in though. 

I think we've established that for now there is only one place in the squad.  If they were really serious they'd sort the embargo out because, for now, even if they free up a place through a sale or paying somebody off the wage restriction makes us a very unlikely destination for any decent striker.  I'd say our only hope is a loan from one of Shez' contacts which makes what Tony Carss said on the pod about as encouraging as we could hope for.

Their has been quite alot of euphoria of the return of John Sheridan obviously for who he is and I understand why, but that is only half the battle.

But if we don't make 3-4 signings in key positions we will be relegated. As the man said himself its about the players and this squad isn't good enough.

I'd hate for JS to be the one in charge if we were relegated out of the football league. Even though it clearly wouldn't be his fault.

The thought of being relegated at home to Salford while 400 bored Man United fans celebrate in the chaddy or worse being relegated at Prenton Park isn't one I want to contemplate either.

We.need.signings.

Archived