MATCH: vs Northampton Town (H) 15/04/22

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kowenicki said:

go on then… what did he reveal? 

He was pretty coy tbh. There was quite a big group of us and felt like he didn’t want to give anything away. Just that his dad is interested and had sent him for a look. Not sure he knows anything about football!

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not trolling before anyone starts but what's the point of protest at this stage? The media and anyone looking from the outside would likely suggest it is linked to results and league position.

Well we have to remind them that it's not. You might be right - it might not achieve anything, but the idea of us slipping quietly out of the league without any sort of display of dissatisfaction just doesn't seem right..

And FWIW, I don't view you as a troll. Argumentative maybe, but there's nowt wrong with that...

Just now, rossmeik said:

He was pretty coy tbh. There was quite a big group of us and felt like he didn’t want to give anything away. Just that his dad is interested and had sent him for a look. Not sure he knows anything about football!

Fucking hell, the present owners know fuck all about football. If this is the future we might as well fold the club right now. 

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Fair enough. You said though that they’re struggling with the sellers. Do you more on that point? 

I havent asked enough to know all that much, I believe its just the negotiations in general thats not easy, but I suppose they wont be.

I shall ask more next time I see or speak to my family member who does know those involved.

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Shez looks down. 

It must be hard work for him watching the likes of hunt in that midfield position he was so good at himself. With 1 knee he was sublime on his day and we now have the likes of Whelan and Hunt. Dreadful midfield.

9 minutes ago, mossleyblue said:

Hands up - beaten by a better, stronger side today and our weaknesses and lack of depth showed painfully.

no idea why anyone applauds a player sent off.

the same type of people that applaud a header back to the keeper. 

Usual main stand clappers around me clapped him off along with the team at the end. Jokers. 

58 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not trolling before anyone starts but what's the point of protest at this stage? The media and anyone looking from the outside would likely suggest it is linked to results and league position.

Well it is a weekend for miracles....

I agree with you.

Ideal scenario for me would have been  securing safety before Crawley then having that game as one big protest.

The fact it was firmly in our own hands only a few weeks ago is sickening 

8 minutes ago, super_blue said:

the same type of people that applaud a header back to the keeper. 

Usual main stand clappers around me clapped him off along with the team at the end. Jokers. 

I applauded him off because, once again, he had given his all and his red card appeared harsh ( to say the least). And abusing me and others for so doing shows a lack of understanding of what motivates us into coming and supporting the team.

And yes, we were poor today, but Pidge cannot be criticised for lack of commitment and desire. 

48 minutes ago, rossmeik said:

The natural successor to ALMOBO, then.

9 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

I applauded him off because, once again, he had given his all and his red card appeared harsh ( to say the least). And abusing me and others for so doing shows a lack of understanding of what motivates us into coming and supporting the team.

And yes, we were poor today, but Pidge cannot be criticised for lack of commitment and desire. 

3 game ban when we need him? If it was for an elbow then we need to appeal but if it was for his reactions then thats very undisciplined from him when he’s needed as the club captain for what’s gonna be our biggest run of games in our history! 

4 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

100% player of the season by a country mile, I will forgive him for putting himself about and giving a shit.

Back to the squad we have, 80% of that squad cannot look after a football, find a blue shirt from 10 yards and are physically inept, either weak or out of shape now Northamptom were not great but looked like an organised strong physical outfit, it really is all you need in this division, Tope today was a fucking embarrassment, only really Pidge, Adams and Missilou look like they were footballers today the rest were a crock of shit.

12 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

No but it was his lack of discipline that got him sent off that's costly for him and for us. He lost his head and we've now lost him for crucial games in the run in.

Archived