MATCH: vs Northampton Town (H) 15/04/22

35 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Now i have sulked and been miserable all night ! We move to Monday. It’s never over till it’s over many teams have been a lot worse off than this including us. Hopefully forest green are wobbling. We can’t give up! In shez we trust !

💯 a different FGR show up against us, even if the same turned up we’d still probably lose. We are done for. 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

This should have been like a cup tie to the players giving it all they had got, instead they backed off and let Northampton control the game.

Looks like most have accepted one way another they won't be here next season so why bust a gut.

As you say shameful.

Sometimes you just have to accept the other team had better players, yesterday was a case in point, it won't be those games that send us down it will be the 0-0 at Barrow when Selim went for a point and Barrow hadn't scored for two months, Carlisle away when Bowden had a perfectly legitimate winner ruled out.

In my opinion bashing this group is unfair, limited yes but I honestly think they are doing their best 99% of the time they are just not up to it.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Utterly, utterly shameful. One of the worst days I've ever known whilst supporting Oldham. I thought Whelan was bad but, christ almighty, Hunt was something else. Still expect a win at Forest Green...

totally agree. Looked like a lost little boy and as he was centre mid and missing all game one of the main reasons we couldnt string 2 passes together. This is why we will go. Our back ups are no where near good enough. On that performance, and I can’t believe I’m going to say this but If whelan isn’t fit then it has to be diarra 

That was the performance of a relegated team, I can excuse a lack of talent, that’s not their fault but the lack of desire is inexcusable. They battered us from minute one but you look at that bench and there is absolutely nothing there that can change a game. Just praying this doesn’t put us out of existence 

They definitely gave up at 2-0.

Before that, I don't think there was any lack of effort. I think they know themselves that they're not really good enough.  Confidence is fragile, and when simple passes go astray, etc heads drop. I think that can be misconstrued as lack of effort, but I'm pretty sure it's not...

The frightening thing is the substitutions actually made us even worse. We are awash with players who don’t have even the basic skills you would expect them to possess and are without doubt the worst squad in living memory.

Ever since these owners turned up I honestly can’t believe our decline has been anything other than intentional and has been engineered, for some strange reason by AL & Co!!

Nobody, buying a football club with the right intentions, could possibly make such a piss boil of it all such as this……

We haven’t, at any stage, looked to be making even the slightest amount of  progress both on and off the field.

Don’t ask me why as it’s just an opinion, however, I’m really suspicious that something has not been right from day one. The owner has lost shed loads of money yet doesn’t appear to give a flying fuck!!!

1 hour ago, Careca9 said:

totally agree. Looked like a lost little boy and as he was centre mid and missing all game one of the main reasons we couldnt string 2 passes together. This is why we will go. Our back ups are no where near good enough. On that performance, and I can’t believe I’m going to say this but If whelan isn’t fit then it has to be diarra 

Yep he looked terrified would have been better with diarra 

2 hours ago, Careca9 said:

And presumably Hunt was Mo's last signing as he has a much used agent

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

We haven’t, at any stage, looked to be making even the slightest amount of  progress both on and off the field.

Don’t ask me why as it’s just an opinion, however, I’m really suspicious that something has not been right from day one. The owner has lost shed loads of money yet doesn’t appear to give a flying fuck!!!

Before day one, even.  The rumours of the clowns enforcing players on Shez before they even owned the club (and Shez's subsequent protest at Blackpool by only naming 3 subs) should have set more alarm bells ringing than it did.

It isn't much of a stretch to predict that the takeover was going to make things worse.  

I didn't expect things to turn out this bad, though.  They should have packed it in shortly after relegation one. Fair play to the ego and arrogance of the gentlemen..

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

The frightening thing is the substitutions actually made us even worse. We are awash with players who don’t have even the basic skills you would expect them to possess and are without doubt the worst squad in living memory.

Ever since these owners turned up I honestly can’t believe our decline has been anything other than intentional and has been engineered, for some strange reason by AL & Co!!

Nobody, buying a football club with the right intentions, could possibly make such a piss boil of it all such as this……

I have no such suspicions, I just think that they are spectacularly incompetent and on top of that their arrogance has meant that admitting that and seeking help is way beneath their ego. 

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Was pointed out to me earlier that Bahamboula has played 29 league games this season. Do we think that he has a clause once he gets to 30 games or is he just completely out of favour with Sheridan...?

Don't think Shez likes his attitude, if so its cutting off your nose to spite your face IMO as he can be a match winner.

45 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Don't think Shez likes his attitude, if so its cutting off your nose to spite your face IMO as he can be a match winner.

If he's available then it would be bonkers not to at least have him on a not full bench. But that would mean that Shez is being told who he can and can't pick. Would he put up with that? 

7 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

💯 a different FGR show up against us, even if the same turned up we’d still probably lose. We are done for. 

They had both of their main striker's out at Barrow.

If Matt plays when pidge is out, admittedly, we'll be done for,

Regardless of our result, we'll still be reliant on other's messing up.

Out of our hands now but in football it isn't over until it's over.

We all know that.

9 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

I am sure when or if the time is right they will go public, or somebody else will make it known.

I understand them not going public, if the negotiations are still at really early stages then why build the hope of the fans up too soon.

Look at the idiot the other week, Chris Lees, these people are on a different planet with more class, respect and credibility than he could ever have.

I am sure the fans will start to put pressure on again now the inevitable seems ever more likely.

Sorry Max. I read your post as suggesting there were reputable potential purchasers of the club who were having problems with being able to talk to the sellers.  I was thinking going public would put pressure on the sellers to talk, or risk showing they have no interest in selling.

Obviously if the “problem with the sellers” is an unreasonable price, they may want to keep that negotiating private.  

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

They had both of their main striker's out at Barrow.

If Matt plays when pidge is out, admittedly, we'll be done for,

Regardless of our result, we'll still be reliant on other's messing up.

Out of our hands now but in football it isn't over until it's over.

We all know that.

I think Matt is a due back. He had to miss Friday due to the concussion rule but I think he's alright for Monday...

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I think Matt is a due back. He had to miss Friday due to the concussion rule but I think he's alright for Monday...

It'll be us concussed then,

Time to unleash Baha from his exile and pray the magic has returned for his swansong.

• Matt unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Severe kick in the nads for Northampton today. Didn't their fans celebrate when they sent us down? Although Scunny virtually playing the youth team and the pitch invasion still needs to be investigated. 

On 5/7/2022 at 5:22 PM, Magic Mikey said:

Severe kick in the nads for Northampton today. Didn't their fans celebrate when they sent us down? Although Scunny virtually playing the youth team and the pitch invasion still needs to be investigated. 

l was in a home section and they seemed to hate us for some reason,  there was real feeling behind their goal celebrations. weird day that. l can remember almost all of it but seemingly none of it at the same time.

4 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

l was in a home section and they seemed to hate us for some reason,  there was real feeling behind their goal celebrations. weird day that. l can remember almost all of it but seemingly none of it at the same time.

Northampton were already relegated when we played them - I think that there was an element of ‘you’re coming down with us’ to the day.

I still cannot believe our lack of effort to win the game when we got it back to Desmond 😮

Archived