MATCH: vs Northampton Town (H) 15/04/22

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

100% player of the season by a country mile, I will forgive him for putting himself about and giving a shit.

Back to the squad we have, 80% of that squad cannot look after a football, find a blue shirt from 10 yards and are physically inept, either weak or out of shape now Northamptom were not great but looked like an organised strong physical outfit, it really is all you need in this division, Tope today was a fucking embarrassment, only really Pidge, Adams and Missilou look like they were footballers today the rest were a crock of shit.

And you’re being generous too!!😳

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I logged on today and made an impulsive choice to watch my first match since September against Barrow.

That first 30 minutes was appalling we literally couldn't string 2 passes together. I don't know if that was because I hadn't seen us play for months that I thought that but when we got it we just seemed to launch the ball to within the general vaccinity of Luamba, and when I say general vaccinate it was about 20 yards away from him and hope he could chase down the centre backs and win something. I don't think Tobe and DKD could even get a touch. It got slightly better from then. But even so we rarely tested the keeper or even the back 4 Nicky Adams looked like the only player who could create anything.

We've now seen the Pidge upfront tactic and it clearly failed spectacularly he's a centre back who's strength is clearances and heading the ball in both boxes. He is not has not and ever will be a striker. The fact We've entertained the thought of putting him there just tells us how desperate the situation has become. I'm not too angry at the players I think the majority care alot, probably more than we realise. But as a collective group we aren't good enough. The first 30 mins Northampton had 70% possession it's alright saying they need to be more physical but everytime we won the ball we couldn't keep it for a sustained period of time to build any pressure or start creating chances.

Today couldn't have gone much worse for us. The only silver lining is that the players now have to pull themselves together and go to Forrest Green who are crawling over the finishing line and get a result. Barrow beat them today, they could lose Monday. But I'm possibly clutching at straws there.  I still have a horrible feeling that our fate will be sealed at Prenton Park.

As others have said, I think that's the final nail in the coffin today. 

We've known all season that the players aren't good enough but the lack of effort in some players today (along with many other games) was criminal. 

We have abseloutely no game management in us at all, nobody willing to give fouls away to stop counters/disrupt the game, they waltzed through the middle of the park so many times in the 2nd half it was embarrassing. 

Thoroughly depressed

Tope, words fail me. Fair enough for coming out of retirement, but you could tell. Pidge, whatever went on, should not have reacted like that and if the initial challenge was going to get overturned, it definitely won’t now, genuinely thought he was going to smack the ref. Hart in midfield, what a joke, he’s absolutely shite and I maintain that. DKD, terrible with the ball as per usual and offered nothing. Clarke, think he’s one of our better players but think he had a few for his 30th, couldn’t pass the ball today. Rodgers, fair play as usual. Adams, only player id keep. Missa, Jameson, Hopcutt, Hunt, Couto, raffle winners at best. 

But it’s not their fault they arnt good enough and been put together so I don’t blame. 

15 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Four games to go. Why do you take such joy in the potential relegation of the club you "support"...?

Come off it Sinnott. I’ve had a pop at LOF myself in the past when I felt he deserved it, but you’re bang out of order there.

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

Come off it Sinnott. I’ve had a pop at LOF myself in the past when I felt he deserved it, but you’re bang out of order there.

Maybe I am and maybe I'm typing with my heart so I'll apologise to LOF for doing so but I'll make no apologies for expecting Oldham to survive in division four...

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Maybe I am and maybe I'm typing with my heart so I'll apologise to LOF for doing so but I'll make no apologies for expecting Oldham to survive in division four...

No need to apologise. 👍🏻

We’re all hurting. 

I wasn’t having a dig asking will we stay up- it was meant with gallows humour and we’ve had plenty of banter all season about where you think we should be and my more pragmatic view. 

I started the relegation thread in November, and bar the mini upturn when Shez came I’ve seen nothing to change my mind. 

While today is completely abject, last week at Vale was more telling IMO. We actually competed and looked good for a point. Then Hope (our only senior forward) went down injured. Luamba looked a half yard short and got pulled, and our only answer was to put pidge up front. Which I understood in the circumstances but it was just so indicative of how bad things are. 

I hope you’re right, and while there’s is points to play for- there’s hope.

I just don’t think we’ll have enough. 

Heartbreaking but not undeserved. I’ve made peace with the fact we deserve to go based on the owners decisions. If we stay up it’s because a smaller club has had a bad year. 100% we are 24/24 in terms of ownership. 

today was bad but we are a cobbled together outfit Ruined by injuries. Hunt was a terrible signing. We didn’t need a centre mid and he’s worse than whelan. Today when we needed him he went missing.  Fondop started ok but let’s jot forget he was released by Hartlepool. A club much smaller than us. That’s says it all. Obadeyi hasn’t played for 2 years and is clearly not fit. He tried today but that’s all he had and he still made the starting 11. From today shez is desp, his moves show he’s desp with no options. Lucky thing is we can actually still stay up. Let’s support the team, give them our best support and if we go, we go. We all known where the blame lies 

2 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Heartbreaking but not undeserved. I’ve made peace with the fact we deserve to go based on the owners decisions. If we stay up it’s because a smaller club has had a bad year. 100% we are 24/24 in terms of ownership. 

today was bad but we are a cobbled together outfit Ruined by injuries. Hunt was a terrible signing. We didn’t need a centre mid and he’s worse than whelan. Today when we needed him he went missing.  Fondop started ok but let’s jot forget he was released by Hartlepool. A club much smaller than us. That’s says it all. Obadeyi hasn’t played for 2 years and is clearly not fit. He tried today but that’s all he had and he still made the starting 11. From today shez is desp, his moves show he’s desp with no options. Lucky thing is we can actually still stay up. Let’s support the team, give them our best support and if we go, we go. We all known where the blame lies 

Agree with all but Fondop

It's not like he came in and has been shite after a couple of decent games, he's injured.

Had he not been, we may well be in a different position now.

Archived