MATCH: vs Northampton Town (H) 15/04/22

Shez looked beat today but then he knows the squads limitations better than anyone, personally I hope he stays and is allowed to have a go getting us back up next season.

We are down for me as more than anything we don't have the players to do the job, I'm not arsed about going down so long as it doesn't hamper us getting new owners in, it is imperative now that every effort is made to keep the Lemsagams away from BP.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Agree with all but Fondop

It's not like he came in and has been shite after a couple of decent games, he's injured.

Had he not been, we may well be in a different position now.

I’ve heard two things on him today. One he got injured sliding on his knee after scoring in training. Second, after knowing he had a contract to end of season he took himself to London and organised surgery outside of the clubs wishes. Not sure on either but never any smoke without fire. A terrible signing. Anyone have any info on either claim? Would love to know 

12 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

I’ve heard two things on him today. One he got injured sliding on his knee after scoring in training. Second, after knowing he had a contract to end of season he took himself to London and organised surgery outside of the clubs wishes. Not sure on either but never any smoke without fire. A terrible signing. Anyone have any info on either claim? Would love to know 

And I heard Cisse had been released which looks like it's turned out to be bollocks too

I know he slid after scoring in a real game where he scored 2 against Newport (all players do can hardly hold that against him)

As for the surgery bit no idea but as for terrible signing, without those 2 goals we would be 1 point worse off now and even more hopeless 

Gutted. Naively didn’t see that one coming, thought we’d get at least a draw and hoped we’d sneak above Barrow. Would love to have seen a fully functioning Bahamboula out right in Tope’s position today. He was our main man at the start of the season and now whatever has gone on with him is a real kick in the dick. I hope it can be resolved coz he owes us four big performances. 

I’ve looked at that Pidge red card again on the highlights and I’m not having it. Fairly contested from both players, just a coming together, no malice, no dangerous play. Definitely worthy of an appeal. If we do appeal, does that not mean Pidge is free to play on Monday whilst the decision is pending - or have i made that rule up?

1 minute ago, Sloshed Joe said:

I’ve looked at that Pidge red card again on the highlights and I’m not having it. Fairly contested from both players, just a coming together, no malice, no dangerous play. Definitely worthy of an appeal. If we do appeal, does that not mean Pidge is free to play on Monday whilst the decision is pending - or have i made that rule up?

I think Pidge’ reaction will ensure it won’t be overturned

4 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I think Pidge’ reaction will ensure it won’t be overturned

That didn’t seem to affect the Bradford player’s successful appeal - he was pushing and shoving in the melee that followed. 

12 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

Cant name names but people who care about the club are involved in discussions but struggling with the sellers.

A group who the fans would want to be involved,  I would be certain of.

I know that sounds like bull so I apologise for pretty useless post.

If such people exist, it’s time for them to go public. See the interest Bitcoin man generated. Well a real bid would double that interest from fans. Silence is not helping these ghostly people you mention if we take your word that they are “struggling with the sellers”.

Go public and the fans pressure may help?

20 minutes ago, Pidge said:

If such people exist, it’s time for them to go public. See the interest Bitcoin man generated. Well a real bid would double that interest from fans. Silence is not helping these ghostly people you mention if we take your word that they are “struggling with the sellers”.

The Bitcoin guy going public achieved absolutely nothing apart from making the majority of us realise he was an absolute muppet.

I hope they stay silent and only go public if/once a takeover is completed that's what professional people do and we need people who will just quietly go about running the club.

8 hours ago, Careca9 said:

Can't have him as a terrible signing as there was quite literally no alternative 

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

I am sure when or if the time is right they will go public, or somebody else will make it known.

I understand them not going public, if the negotiations are still at really early stages then why build the hope of the fans up too soon.

Look at the idiot the other week, Chris Lees, these people are on a different planet with more class, respect and credibility than he could ever have.

I am sure the fans will start to put pressure on again now the inevitable seems ever more likely.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Utterly, utterly shameful. One of the worst days I've ever known whilst supporting Oldham. I thought Whelan was bad but, christ almighty, Hunt was something else. Still expect a win at Forest Green...

This should have been like a cup tie to the players giving it all they had got, instead they backed off and let Northampton control the game.

Looks like most have accepted one way another they won't be here next season so why bust a gut.

As you say shameful.

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Chris Lees went public and he’s a clown. You don’t need to go public at this stage, achieves nothing. 

If we get relegated - which is now looking "odds on" we won't have a buyer (or certainly not on the same terms). Whole new ball game when we drop out of the EFL. We shall then have to wait and see what the actual fallout from this whole sorry saga is.

I always hoped (and thought) we would finish above Stevenage but it now just "feels" like we're already gone. Horrible, gut wrenching feeling and as sad as I`ve been in a long time.

8 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

He rag dolled the referee. You can’t do that. Although the ref deserved atleast a headbutt

Now i have sulked and been miserable all night ! We move to Monday. It’s never over till it’s over many teams have been a lot worse off than this including us. Hopefully forest green are wobbling. We can’t give up! In shez we trust !

Echo the sentiments of many on here. Can’t shake an overwhelming feeling of sadness. While there’s still hope, relegation feels inevitable. 

Cannot get my head around the performance yesterday. They did not look like the same players who have put a shift in the last few weeks. Do they understand the position we’re in? Do they care? It didn’t look like they did yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Now i have sulked and been miserable all night ! We move to Monday. It’s never over till it’s over many teams have been a lot worse off than this including us. Hopefully forest green are wobbling. We can’t give up! In shez we trust !

We should never give up, and that means in football or anything else but unlike our great escapes of the past when those teams on their day could beat anyone such as Liverpool, Villa and Southampton, this lot dont give me any real hope at all.

But we still have a small chance I suppose, but the team needs to realise pretty quickly that we have 4 games which they need to die for the club or at least the fans and Shez.

Archived