MATCH: vs Salford City (H) 23/03/22

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Got exactly what we deserved this season. Didn't think it was at all possible until the Piergianni red card last week, but the reality is that we have been in the bottom two for most of the season and lost 25 games so far in this division. It is utterly shameful. 

And, whilst every single one of us agrees that the Lemsagams are the root cause of the issues and its them who the buck stops with, it is also worth pointing out that those gutless set of toss bags who have been on the pitch for us all season have the blood of this football club on their hands.

And one final thing. Well done to every single person who went on that pitch yesterday and got the game halted. I take my hat off to you all...

The team and more so the squad was nowhere near good enough from day one so the blame is 99.999 recurring all on ALMO. Only hope of not going straight through to National League North is if they go now.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Probably a feeling of Deja’vu, he’s experienced it before as he helped Southend get relegated to the National League just last season!!

One player who deserves to be playing in division 2 next season though.

I have just emailed Oldhams lost property with the following....

Dear owners of Oldham Athletic,
Unfortunately I seem to have lost the football club I have supported for 53 years, I have looked everywhere from the Premiership, Championship and leagues one and two but to no avail.
It's a very sad day for myself and thousands of others.
I believe the current owners may have something to do with the disappearance due to a total lack of ability to look after my football club.
I believe the best way to find my football club would be for the current owners to return to wherever they have come from and hopefully the new owners will find my beloved club.
Please let me know if this option could be taken as if nothing changes I will never see my club again.
Kind regards from a very broken man and a very broken town

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Really ? What does he do well for a full back ? 

He's slightly less shit than the other 10 on the pitch which is what our definition of a decent player has become.

He's been one of our better players of the season overall but he is competing with the likes of Stobbs and Hopcutt...

Our last LBs have been Barnett, Jameson, Badan, CBJ, Iacovitti and Andy Taylor.

Whatever faults he has, Hart has been better than any of them. 

Given the quality of opposing left backs I've seen this season, I'd be surprised if he's not starting somewhere in League Two next season.

12 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Given the quality of opposing left backs I've seen this season, I'd be surprised if he's not starting somewhere in League Two next season.

CBJ has played most of the season at a higher level 

17 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

I’m really not one for ripping into players as they’re people like us at the end of the day but Iacovitti really did pull a golden ticket getting to play in L2. Some really poor performances, could not defend whichever wing he was on.

Said this before but I think most players gave it their all for most of the season (not letting them off here in the slightest). The only problem is and what we’re not used to, their 100% is what we consider 50% having witnessed some talented players over the years.

8 minutes ago, No Pyro No Party said:

I’m really not one for ripping into players as they’re people like us at the end of the day but Iacovitti really did pull a golden ticket getting to play in L2. Some really poor performances, could not defend whichever wing he was on.

Said this before but I think most players gave it their all for most of the season (not letting them off here in the slightest). The only problem is and what we’re not used to, their 100% is what we consider 50% having witnessed some talented players over the years.

Can't argue with most of that.  Iacovitti will be a fixture of our worst-ever XI for a very long time.

As limited as they are, I am not convinced that as a team they really gave it all this season.  Too many spells (even entire matches) with no pressing, half-hearted tackling, no urgency, no needle, no shithousery, no aggression - particularly mid-season.

We lost to too many teams who also had technically limited players but who just seemed to want it more.

It felt a lot like the Wellens relegation season in that respect, when we coasted to draws when a win was needed.

Although things improved under Shez, I just don't feel like we went down fighting, and that's one of the worst things about it.

Wonder if the club will make some sort of statement in the morning? Seems weird we haven't heard a thing and it seems to matter more to ex players like Connor Ripley than it does to the latest bunch, maybe they are hurting like the rest of us but the silence really is deafening.

33 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

One of them finally has the bollocks to speak albeit someone who wasn't even in the team

Also says further down he told several managers he was played in the wrong position. Doesn't sound like he be here next season 

Fair play

56 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Wonder if the club will make some sort of statement in the morning? Seems weird we haven't heard a thing and it seems to matter more to ex players like Connor Ripley than it does to the latest bunch, maybe they are hurting like the rest of us but the silence really is deafening.

I'm wondering if they'll put out a statement stating the game vs Crawley will be behind closed doors and/or Sheridan has walked. 

• Bender unfeatured this topic
  • 11 months later...

12 months on to the day since 114 years of football league history was pissed up the wall by 4 useless men.

Since then the bad people have gone we have the club, we have the ground, and we have a team that is still a work in progress but we have significantly improved and its getting better.

12 months ago if I was offered that this is the position the club would have been in I would have happily taken it I'm guessing a few of you would have felt the same.

33 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Is Barry still sniffing around or had he disappeared up his bum crack?.

is he fuck lno hes got more front than blackpool but imagine the amount of people who would stop, point at him and laugh? it would be amazing. 

hes probably got the club login so he settles down matchdays at home convincing himself that the fact hes watching it for free proves he has still got his finger in the pie, completely oblivs to that just meaning he has spilt his tea again and he's defo lickin that off bc he's paid for it.

Archived