Today's Shitstorm.

35 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I’m not sure I understand the point of the Oldham times printing/publishing this? Barry has said all this on the podcast, it has since all been refuted by Paul and Simon on the podcast. 

I think Suzanne has been clever here. She's given Barry the opportunity to give his side to the paper, whilst knowing fully well the way it will come across...

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I think Suzanne has been clever here. She's given Barry the opportunity to give his side to the paper, whilst knowing fully well the way it will come across...

Agreed, publishing his views are hardly doing him a favour.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd love to know what security measures are in place in the other three stands that guarantee a terrorist won't pop in one Saturday afternoon

Also, if the OEC bar has to meet the SAG requirements for safety (even though it doesn't have access to the stadium seating), shouldn't the gym and club shop also vet entrants to ensure they have match tickets? The same risk of a terrorist event would exist for those areas.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd love to know what security measures are in place in the other three stands that guarantee a terrorist won't pop in one Saturday afternoon

24 minutes ago, real said:

Also, if the OEC bar has to meet the SAG requirements for safety (even though it doesn't have access to the stadium seating), shouldn't the gym and club shop also vet entrants to ensure they have match tickets? The same risk of a terrorist event would exist for those areas.

As vile, crass and absurd a comparison that Bazza keeps making with the Manchester Arena I do have to grimly chuckle

I mean, can you imagine being fanatical enough to blow yourself to smithereens to make a political or religious statement and after months, if not years, of planning and recon you choose a 3 sided shit hole in Oldham where most of the people you plan on blowing up too are boycotting?

Let's go back to the statement of when Barry initially left the club last year.

Barry Leaves OAFC

A short cold statement not even a Thank You is given to him. Yet at the first opportunity he is willing to jump straight back in bed with Lemsagams not only that but he is out there taking bullets for them in the media while Abdallah and Mohamed sit in their ivory tower.

We all know that the safety excuse is bullshit. All it does it get peoples backs up and alienates himself from the fans of the club resulting in him getting pelters of the fans because they know he's deliberately lieing to them.

Angering the fans perusing a vendetta while fighting for the people who don't care about you isn't conducive to someone's health least of all someone the wrong side of 75. If he's taking a salary it can't be much and You'd think he's at an age where his children are independent and he's paid off his mortgage and should have a steady pension so he probably won't need it. 

We all know you read this message board Barry but I'm bemused why you are doing this.

Another BO stream of consciousness printed without challenge in the Oldham Times today.
https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/20192450.court-case-affecting-proposed-sale-oldham-athletic/

Would be nice if someone were to challenge any of the garbage he has been broadcasting for free over the past few days. 

And yes, Barry confirms it's specifically his personal vendetta over the North Stand that has lead to the owners not selling the club.

It is becoming very, very hard to keep the faith….the club is massively overvalued by the asset stripper and clowns respectively but now there is not even a chance of negotiation or a sale 

Owen is completely insane but presumably has no one holding him to account….he actually believes this is in the best interests of the club 😔

2 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

It is becoming very, very hard to keep the faith….the club is massively overvalued by the asset stripper and clowns respectively but now there is not even a chance of negotiation or a sale 

Owen is completely insane but presumably has no one holding him to account….he actually believes this is in the best interests of the club 😔

He literally describes the price to buy the club as 'inflated.'

If you were looking at this from the outside the only conclusion you could reasonably draw would be that Barry is deliberately trying to hurt the club, ALMO and the supporters as much as he can. Because no one can be that thick surely?

On 6/6/2022 at 11:52 AM, Chaddyexile84 said:

The latest load of guff from our glorious advisor

I really wish he'd stop going on about someone taking a bomb into BP via the North Stand

Try not to read it in his voice - it's hard 

Oldham Athletic's North Stand closure explained in detail | The Oldham Times

l can hear him eating as l read its put me off ordering my tea for at least two hours 🤬

On 6/6/2022 at 1:14 PM, GlossopLatic said:

I wonder what Barry's family think of him....

do you ever see any family with him or even sticking up for him??

the only family he needs is those he pays in favours and bluster! theres a couple on here under about six usernames.

55 minutes ago, Luis Enrique said:

Another BO stream of consciousness printed without challenge in the Oldham Times today.
https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/20192450.court-case-affecting-proposed-sale-oldham-athletic/

Would be nice if someone were to challenge any of the garbage he has been broadcasting for free over the past few days. 

And yes, Barry confirms it's specifically his personal vendetta over the North Stand that has lead to the owners not selling the club.

Give someone enough rope…

18 hours ago, nzlatic said:

I’m not sure I understand the point of the Oldham times printing/publishing this? Barry has said all this on the podcast, it has since all been refuted by Paul and Simon on the podcast. 

Rather than giving Barry the space to repeat his claims wouldn’t it have been more productive to challenge him on his claims or to go to the relevant bodies to get definitive answers and find out who is telling the truth?

give him enough rope and all that.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WILL THE JOE ROYLE STAND PEOPLE DENY THE CLUB ACCESS ON MATCHDAYS AND ALSO STAY AWAY YOURSELVES

if they do this we won't be able to play about 30% of our matches and it will be fuckinbrilliant

How quickly do we think the stench will convince AL to appeal when they inevitably lose the court case? 

I’m going with the stench reading ‘a carefully prepared’ statement on the steps outside the court- with his last line being. . .

‘I will not rest until the North stand comes back to the club’

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

As vile, crass and absurd a comparison that Bazza keeps making with the Manchester Arena I do have to grimly chuckle

I mean, can you imagine being fanatical enough to blow yourself to smithereens to make a political or religious statement and after months, if not years, of planning and recon you choose a 3 sided shit hole in Oldham where most of the people you plan on blowing up too are boycotting?

Aye. 

It’s beyond contempt, and darkly comical. 

Is anyone else a bit confused by the whole premise of this case... 

or it could rule in favour of the club that it wasn't done properly and the stand which was heavily financed by the council for the purpose of Oldham Athletic is returned to the club.

Is the argument that the council has put money in and so the stand should be returned to the club which is now owned by a private individual totally unconnected to the deals in question? Surely if the council money has not been used for it's intended purpose and there is a legal case to answer, then that money/asset should be given back to... the council?

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

or it could rule in favour of the club that it wasn't done properly and the stand which was heavily financed by the council for the purpose of Oldham Athletic is returned to the club.

Is the argument that the council has put money in and so the stand should be returned to the club which is now owned by a private individual totally unconnected to the deals in question? Surely if the council money has not been used for it's intended purpose and there is a legal case to answer, then that money/asset should be given back to... the council?

No- the council gave 1.9 million towards the stand. 100k of which wasn’t drawn down on- don’t know why.

Corney couldn’t afford to finish it, So Blitz stepped in- and paid 3.8 million to finish the stand. 

So in basic terms one could argue- well don’t the club own a third of it. 

But they explained on the podcast why this wasn’t the case, and I can’t remember all the details off the top of my head. But have a listen. 

I’d also add, that even before I listened to that- the notion that the stench knows more about business transactions and legalities than blitz is beyond laughable. 

12 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

the council owed blitz money

l said on here a few months bck that l was worried all this delay was being caused by The Stench trying to use the £750K grant as some form of argument and that thought is solidifying towards how l feel when l start predicting stuff (that then happens)

fuckinell what an arrogant bellend

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

The council gave 1.9 million towards the stand. 100k of which wasn’t drawn down on- don’t know why.

Corney couldn’t afford to finish it, So Blitz stepped in- and paid 3.8 million to finish the stand. 

So in basic terms one could argue- well don’t the club own a third of it. 

But they explained on the podcast why this wasn’t the case, and I can’t remember all the details off the top of my head. But have a listen. 

I’d also add, that even before I listened to that- the notion that the stench knows more about business transactions and legalities than blitz is beyond laughable. 

In her article in the Oldham Times last December Suzanne Geldard wrote: "the council also agreed to pay a further £1.08m directly to the club and, in addition, granted a further £700,000 to Oldham to fund a new stand at Boundary Park to include a community scheme, accommodation for the Community Trust, as well as other community programmes run by the club."

"Building work on the stand began in 2011 and Blitz spent around £4m to fund it before giving an extra £350,000 in 2015 to help the club with its debt relief."

However, she didn't reference her previous article in today's report.

Archived