Today's Shitstorm.

4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

This

I am a Health & Safety Advisor for a construction company, I don't pretend to know anything about sports stadiums or the requirements of a Safety Certificate.

I am willing to bet it wouldn't be too far away from any other working environment when it comes to H & S law and the local authority (the HSE don't deal with sports stadia)

I have sat in the North Stand and in my professional opinion have never felt unsafe... The PA system isn't the best but that has been a complaint since long before Barry closed it and was an issue when he sat in it!!

The suggestion that anyone entering the OEC needs to show match tickets and be frisked is ludicrous and was flunked by the FLG on the podcast 

He still doesn't address his stormtroopers blocking the fire exits which is the only law violation I have seen

This is only a thing because they don't like the OEC making money on match days. He's trying to find an angle where he can close them during those hours so they don't get fans going into the bar then not going to the game. He also wants the power to ban people from the ground.

Nothing to do with safety or bomb threats. 

If this was genuine he could surely put it to bed very simply by publishing the relevant documents from which H&S body covers it saying the reasons why the stand doesn't comply. Then it's an official, independent third party giving the reasons. Rather than Barry "Club Official" Owen.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The only people whose reputation is being battered is OAFCs 

I attended the launch of the FLG a few years back in the North Stand, lots of chat about future plans then silence

North Stand closed on match days then reopened

Fast forward to last month for the FLG Parts 1&2 on the BPAS Podcast, 3 hours of chat about the past and a few teasers about the future

North Stand shut again for the season with the added attack on the people for the way they manage it 

If the FLG / OEC are currently in the process of fighting this attack on them in the courts, maybe we wont get to know the actual details but another long period of silence with no attrition just isn't on 

Get stuck into them ffs !!

The opinion of someone just wouldn't stand up against a history of documented Safety Audits / Inspections undertaken by an accredited authority

Both Paul and Simon stated on the BPAS Podcast that they had unannounced visits on match days by the SAG without any issues being raised

If they have the documentation they should publish it 

AND IF PEOPLE DO NOT BELIEVE THERE IS ONE COMMON DENOMINATOR FOR THIS CLUB SINKING AND SINKING THEY NEVER WILL.

BARRY OWEN HAS TO GO FOR THIS CLUB TO GET BACK TO ANYWHERE NEAR TO WHERE IT DESERVES, THE BLOKE IS POISON, IT REALLY IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

AND IF PEOPLE DO NOT BELIEVE THERE IS ONE COMMON DENOMINATOR FOR THIS CLUB SINKING AND SINKING THEY NEVER WILL.

BARRY OWEN HAS TO GO FOR THIS CLUB TO GET BACK TO ANYWHERE NEAR TO WHERE IT DESERVES, THE BLOKE IS POISON, IT REALLY IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

You spelt pie eating cunt wrong but other than that I agree

Barry. You don't have to alienate more, of our already thin on the ground fans, in order to make a nonsensical and untrue point regarding the owners of the OEC, and the owner of the North stand.

How long before our owners and yourself Tell the few fans we have left how you are going to extricate the club from the biggest shambles that it has ever been in, and what you are doing about it ?

Just now, GKing521 said:

That statement is 10x worse when you read it in his voice. 

Just about to say the same. 

So obviously written by him. It’s the same words and delivery he’s used every time he’s spoken about it. 

19 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Why are they letting him be like this? Is there nobody around them able to highlight the damage he is doing?

That's why he's there, surely. Proper fall guy. And he's doing it. Absolutely shameless. They must be pissing themselves.

45 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

In a nutshell

Interesting that Barry Owen (and it is obvious from the wording used in the statement this it is him) now finally admits that the real reason the North Stand is not being used, is not a blocked fire escape or a CCTV link to the control room. Far from it! The real reason is the management of the OEC do not accept that the owner of the club has complete control of the whole of the North Stand during matches.

It’s a power trip for Barry and him alone. Things seemed to be getting on track again while he was missing!

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Why are they letting him be like this? Is there nobody around them able to highlight the damage he is doing?

Possibly being left to his own devices, ego getting to big, possibly no one to contradict / stop him. If there is no structure or procedure in place an ego maniac like BO will just run and run and run. I suspect this is what is happening here. He seems to have been let of the leash and if left to their own crazy devices this is what happens.

I can't believe a bell end like him is allowed anywhere near a business ( oooops,  sorry, forgot this business is Oldham for a second there) 

2 hours ago, mick26 said:

"Never mind that shit, here comes Mongo!".

Theirs a good chance this could be the equivalent of a Jacke Weaver Ronnie Pickering style internet sensation for all the wrong reasons that 12 seconds of dead airtime at the end was just priceless.

Archived