Today's Shitstorm.

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

No- the council gave 1.9 million towards the stand. 100k of which wasn’t drawn down on- don’t know why.

Corney couldn’t afford to finish it, So Blitz stepped in- and paid 3.8 million to finish the stand. 

So in basic terms one could argue- well don’t the club own a third of it. 

But they explained on the podcast why this wasn’t the case, and I can’t remember all the details off the top of my head. But have a listen. 

I’d also add, that even before I listened to that- the notion that the stench knows more about business transactions and legalities than blitz is beyond laughable. 

I've listened and read everything there is I think! Should have been clearer - I don't think there's a case based on 2 things... the explanations given by Blitz and secondly, your final point. I was just wondering about how much sense it made for a private individual to potentially benefit to the tunes of millions of pounds from a deal he had absolutely no part of.

It's the council's money that BO is arguing has been used incorrectly, so surely the council would have something to say about this? I think I've read/heard that they don't consider there being any wrong doing.  Police have also been contacted and haven't moved forward with anything. So last roll of the dice is a private legal case, paid for by the club and delaying indefinitely the sale of the club by Barry Owen's own admission. It's absolutely sickening the damage that one individual is doing to the club he's supposedly a lifelong fan of.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

In her article in the Oldham Times last December Suzanne Geldard wrote: "the council also agreed to pay a further £1.08m directly to the club and, in addition, granted a further £700,000 to Oldham to fund a new stand at Boundary Park to include a community scheme, accommodation for the Community Trust, as well as other community programmes run by the club."

"Building work on the stand began in 2011 and Blitz spent around £4m to fund it before giving an extra £350,000 in 2015 to help the club with its debt relief."

However, she didn't reference her previous article in today's report.

So why haven't the Community Trust been assigned an area within the stand then?

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So why haven't the Community Trust been assigned an area within the stand then?

Because it's an unsafe building, which terrorists are plotting to destroy. 

At least that's what I garner from all of this. 

6 hours ago, LaticMark said:

In her article in the Oldham Times last December Suzanne Geldard wrote: "the council also agreed to pay a further £1.08m directly to the club and, in addition, granted a further £700,000 to Oldham to fund a new stand at Boundary Park to include a community scheme, accommodation for the Community Trust, as well as other community programmes run by the club."

"Building work on the stand began in 2011 and Blitz spent around £4m to fund it before giving an extra £350,000 in 2015 to help the club with its debt relief."

However, she didn't reference her previous article in today's report.

This is correct however the £1.08 mill was part of a back to back transaction of compensation for Blitz due to the councils cock up over the old British Aerospace site which the council also bought back for over £3mill.

£700/£750k was the council grant. That doesn’t build a stand and given the club hadn’t owned BP since 1999 it would be foolish to think they owed any of the ground because of said grant. 

Exactly right Adam.

It is very common for a very similar situation to occur in community healthcare.  GPs who own their own surgery building, have for many years been able to have grants from the NHS, to improve the surgery building. This is usually for a portion of the funding required to build an extension for example.  

The end result is that the GPs own the building, with the NHS insisting on certain issues, eg disabled access etc.  The GPs still have the right to sell on the ownership to a third party if they so choose.

So….on a match day do you have to show a match ticket to enter the gym or the club shop and are you subject to a search…..what’s the difference?

I said when the original statement was released the FLG/OEC need to make a comment!!

I would like - and fully support PTB/BP Alert podcast to contact Simon Brooke and the other 2 FLG members and urge them to refuse to power the North Stand next season at match times.

Let's see how the 100 year bulbless floodlights work in November 

7 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

So does this mean 12 oclock ko all season and no night games due to inadequate floodlight with the northstand out of use ? 

Tuesday afternoons as I remember in the good old days.

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

My head hurts.

We know why it is shut Barry there really is no need to release further statements.

Just one point I'd like to make and given I've done the 92  I'm pretty well placed.

I'd say at at least half of grounds I've been to there has been some sort of establishment attached to a ground selling ale generally within a stand, that's before you start on units used for other purposes club shops and the like, I can hand on heart say I have never been asked to show a ticket to gain access to this bar/club/shop if what is being claimed is true i could have stands closed up and down the land, frankly Barry Owen is talking bollocks and regardless of how he wants to paint it he is creating problems that don't exist to suit his own agenda.

All you are doing shitpeas is pissing all over the good work Shez is doing by behaving like a complete cunt, I hope the FLG or those running the stand isolate it from the club completely and fuck you over good and proper on matchdays as you would be reliant on it to fulfill night fixtures, on that they'd have my full backing given the route you are going down.

12 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

He really is stroking his button mushroom isn't he?

Do people in the gym or shop need to be searched by police and have a match ticket?

The Police have been in the gym whilst game is going on last season but I think that's been more to check the shutters have been down more than any potential bomb threat.

It is just own goal after own goal...

10 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

So does this mean 12 oclock ko all season and no night games due to inadequate floodlight with the northstand out of use ? 

7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

So….on a match day do you have to show a match ticket to enter the gym or the club shop and are you subject to a search…..what’s the difference?

I said when the original statement was released the FLG/OEC need to make a comment!!

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I would like - and fully support PTB/BP Alert podcast to contact Simon Brooke and the other 2 FLG members and urge them to refuse to power the North Stand next season at match times.

Let's see how the 100 year bulbless floodlights work in November 

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Tuesday afternoons as I remember in the good old days.

Until Paul Whitehead and Simon Brooke either comply with the demands of Barry 'Vladamir' Owen or use some of those 'legal qualifications' they have to contest the continuing attacks to the OEC business reputation, this is just going to drag on.

4 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Until Paul Whitehead and Simon Brooke either comply with the demands of Barry 'Vladamir' Owen or use some of those 'legal qualifications' they have to contest the continuing attacks to the OEC business reputation, this is just going to drag on.

The only people whose reputation is being battered is OAFCs 

This just keeps going round in circles. I suggest BO publishes a direct reference to the relevant legislation and Whitehead and Brooke do an interview with the Oldham Times setting out their position relating to the legislation. At the moment everything seems to be seen the prism of who you despise most. ( for most posters that’s obvious)

1 minute ago, steveecky said:

I suggest BO publishes a direct reference to the relevant legislation 

This is what is needed. If they are in breach of the regulations then he should be able to stipulate what those breaches are. The burden of proof is on him if he's going to accuse them.

5 minutes ago, steveecky said:

This just keeps going round in circles. I suggest BO publishes a direct reference to the relevant legislation and Whitehead and Brooke do an interview with the Oldham Times setting out their position relating to the legislation. At the moment everything seems to be seen the prism of who you despise most. ( for most posters that’s obvious)

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

This is what is needed. If they are in breach of the regulations then he should be able to stipulate what those breaches are. The burden of proof is on him if he's going to accuse them.

This

I am a Health & Safety Advisor for a construction company, I don't pretend to know anything about sports stadiums or the requirements of a Safety Certificate.

I am willing to bet it wouldn't be too far away from any other working environment when it comes to H & S law and the local authority (the HSE don't deal with sports stadia)

I have sat in the North Stand and in my professional opinion have never felt unsafe... The PA system isn't the best but that has been a complaint since long before Barry closed it and was an issue when he sat in it!!

The suggestion that anyone entering the OEC needs to show match tickets and be frisked is ludicrous and was flunked by the FLG on the podcast 

He still doesn't address his stormtroopers blocking the fire exits which is the only law violation I have seen

Archived