Today's Shitstorm.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The latest load of guff from our glorious advisor

I really wish he'd stop going on about someone taking a bomb into BP via the North Stand

Try not to read it in his voice - it's hard 

Oldham Athletic's North Stand closure explained in detail | The Oldham Times

In several respects, that is the exact opposite of a number of things that were said on Part 2 of the last Pod. And he said nothing about the many deficiencies fans have highlighted in the stands that ARE going to be open.

1 minute ago, basilrobbie said:

In several respects, that is the exact opposite of a number of things that were said on Part 2 of the last Pod. And he said nothing about the many deficiencies fans have highlighted in the stands that ARE going to be open.

Of course it was, it has been carefully crafted to be exactly that.

It's funny how the club website still shows the Head of Media and Communication as vacant when we have our very own Comical Ali in situ 

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

Of course it was, it has been carefully crafted to be exactly that.

It's funny how the club website still shows the Head of Media and Communication as vacant when we have our very own Comical Ali in situ 

Carefully crafted??  Nah!

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Going off that there's every chance they will intentionally close two stands at some point, probably the main stand.

An incredible state of affairs.

Main stand won't shut shitpeas can hide in there, be Chaddy next.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yep. In fairness, it doesn't seem unreasonable to close a stand this season, given the away support we are expecting and the boycott from Oldham fans. But to close the NS first over two that are falling to bits will never fail to baffle me. Very agenda driven...

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

He’s probably that weird uncle that does nothing but share his unwanted opinions and the whole family know he’s talks waffle but they have to put up with him because he’s family. 

As Peter Kay says…..Uncle knob head!

22 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yep….they’re not going to open the Chaddy every other week for the handful of spectators they’ll be getting in it most weeks!!!

If that is occasionally closed the only other area available would be the family stand and if they have to move out that would completely piss off yet another section of the fanbase!

They should be doing their very best to try and encourage as many fans as possible to turn up but yet anything and everything they do has completely the opposite effect.

What a set of complete twats!!!

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

He’s probably that weird uncle that does nothing but share his unwanted opinions and the whole family know he’s talks waffle but they have to put up with him because he’s family. 

Their must be someone in his inner circle who must be asking him is this worth it? He's 75 surely at that point in life you don't need this hassle. We all know the North Stand being shut on "safety grounds" is trollope so as a result he gets pelters on social media because he lies to people and even about people. I can't see this ending well for him in any way surely people around him can see this.

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Their must be someone in his inner circle who must be asking him is this worth it? He's 75 surely at that point in life you don't need this hassle. We all know the North Stand being shut on "safety grounds" is trollope so as a result he gets pelters on social media because he lies to people and even about people. I can't see this ending well for him in any way surely people around him can see this.

Prince Charles is 73 and he hasn't started his first job yet. 

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'm not sure they can.........which is probably indicative of the problem. 🙄

As Arlene Finnigan published recently:

"The Roger Palmer bar in the Main Stand, with its steep rickety steps that get wet and slippy when it rains because the covering over it has been ripped for years, is safe for fans to use. The Main Stand itself, with its toilets that frequently have no running water, is safe for fans to use. The Jimmy Frizzell Rochdale Road end, which you access either from the Broadway side by scrambling up a not-very-well paved hill, or from Sheepfoot Lane over an ankle-breaker of uneven gravel car park, which also has inadequate toilet facilities, is safe for fans to use. The Joe Royle North stand, apparently, is not."

https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk/post/don-t-let-the-sh-te-divide-us

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

What a lot of hogwash from Barry trying to justify his existence at the club.

Barry says the safety certificate applies to all stands, can't see how the others meet his CCTV and other safety requirements though.

To my mind he has a personal vendetta against Blitz and the North Stand occupiers.

The sooner this regime has gone and he's banned from the club like he's doing to fans the better.

Apart from the covid season and the other time Barry decided to shut it, the North Stand has been open and operational without incident since 2015. So I don’t really understand all this safety certificate bollocks. The CCTV ‘issue’ can’t have been dragging on for 7 years? So is this all purely to do with the fans bar and a vendetta against FLG/PTB/Foundation? 

25 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He’s 75 with too much time on his hands. His only thing in life is Oldham Athletic, which is evident as he won’t stay away. He knows full well that the majority of fans do not like him and truly believe it’s best for the club he stays away, yet he still comes back.
I think he gets a kick from it. He likes the fact he can be senior director, he likes the fact he’s controversial and he likes people are talking about him because it makes him feel relevant.

I don’t know his personal life, but I assume he’s either not liked in is inner circle of family or friends, or he simply does not have any, or he’s had a bad event growing up which has driven him to be this egotistic wanker. 
Hes been here for years, he’s failed at everything he’s done, making a mockery of himself at every opportunity. He’s a bizzare creature, and he will be gone one day, soon hopefully. I would imagine when that day does come, the toxicity towards him that he has created himself, will mean he can no longer go to boundary park, the club he “loves”. 

Also his consistent comparison with the tragic event at the arena is nothing short of insulting. 
Innocent people and children lost their lives in an act of terror, and he seems to be using this as the reason to fuel his agenda. Twisted, really is. 

6 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Also his consistent comparison with the tragic event at the arena is nothing short of insulting. 
Innocent people and children lost their lives in an act of terror, and he seems to be using this as the reason to fuel his agenda. Twisted, really is. 

Not forgetting the only thing he refers to is that it would be his beloved Abdallah in court...

13 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Not forgetting the only thing he refers to is that it would be his beloved Abdallah in court...

On the upside he says that Abdallah has to take responsibility. First time for everything 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

To use that specific example is horrifc and woefully misunderstood.

Could have just said if an issue arose or someone falls over then AL is responsible for safety during that period....why of why does he have to make that comparison, he could write sensational headlines for the tabloids.

he could write sensational headlines for the tabloids.

maybe thats what hes hoping for one of the nationals to pick up the article and quotes then he can go and make a twat of himself nationaly again .

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

He’s 75 with too much time on his hands. His only thing in life is Oldham Athletic, which is evident as he won’t stay away. He knows full well that the majority of fans do not like him and truly believe it’s best for the club he stays away, yet he still comes back.
I think he gets a kick from it. He likes the fact he can be senior director, he likes the fact he’s controversial and he likes people are talking about him because it makes him feel relevant.

I don’t know his personal life, but I assume he’s either not liked in is inner circle of family or friends, or he simply does not have any, or he’s had a bad event growing up which has driven him to be this egotistic wanker. 
Hes been here for years, he’s failed at everything he’s done, making a mockery of himself at every opportunity. He’s a bizzare creature, and he will be gone one day, soon hopefully. I would imagine when that day does come, the toxicity towards him that he has created himself, will mean he can no longer go to boundary park, the club he “loves”. 

As a fan who so called loves the club did he actually pay to watch any games after he was removed as a Director?

19 minutes ago, stott182 said:

To use that specific example is horrifc and woefully misunderstood.

Could have just said if an issue arose or someone falls over then AL is responsible for safety during that period....why of why does he have to make that comparison, he could write sensational headlines for the tabloids.

I imagine AL will be mortified to read he is the sole person responsible for a major safety breach. 

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

It's sick and perverse. What a total shit. How dare he compare the situation to the mass murder at the Arena. How low and stupid can he go....I suspect the answer to that is 'watch this space.' 

Mr. BO, can we have some answers to the following:

Why is the NS worse than the Main Stand, or the Chaddy or the RRE? Can we have some evidence? Perhaps a nice pye chart with some ridiculously convoluted words attached in the commentary.

Why has nothing been done about the club's SS troops who blocked the exits on the NS at the Salford game? Were they working on your orders? Will you prosecute them for their actions? Will you stand up for paying customers?

Why are you waging war with the fans, attempting to control where people sit, while sucking up to some weird people calling themselves true blues, yet some are barely able to communicate anything other than vile insults (I think that's correct, but the inability to spell basic words sometimes makes it difficult to know for sure)? Do you endorse their comments? Are you all friends? 

Talking of which, how do you excuse your own disgusting comments made on social media in the past?

Why are you, a 75 yo ex copper, apparently running the club? How are you in any way qualified?

Please feel free to issue a statement through The Oldham Times or any other outlet. Perhaps you'd feel more comfortable with the club's website, because we all know you're a control freak. 

I’m not sure I understand the point of the Oldham times printing/publishing this? Barry has said all this on the podcast, it has since all been refuted by Paul and Simon on the podcast. 

Rather than giving Barry the space to repeat his claims wouldn’t it have been more productive to challenge him on his claims or to go to the relevant bodies to get definitive answers and find out who is telling the truth?

Archived