Today's Shitstorm.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, losesome said:

So fans criticise the clowns in charge & get banned.

A tub of lard does it and gets his job back.

Even Billy Smart would struggle to get away with that one.

Not sure he ever had a job at the club. Non-Executive Director is often an unpaid role within many organisations and certainly wouldn't be classed as a job.

35 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

Many thanks! Two chocolate biscuits or three, do you think?

Full packet. I've listened to it about 10 times over the last year and always pick up something new from it. It makes it all the more staggering that he is back in the fold...

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Not sure he ever had a job at the club. Non-Executive Director is often an unpaid role within many organisations and certainly wouldn't be classed as a job.

He was acting Chief Executive for a period, I think when Alan Hardy was unwell. Free tickets and travel to all games, free bar at the games, free food, free programme. He could easily take £100 worth of free stuff every game, and more for some of the long distance away games. 

In the unlikely fact he was not paid as a Director (he wasn’t a Non-Executive Director) he could easily take £5000 worth of free stuff a year. I think that’s a nice little earner for someone who is retired. 

I’d think Non-Executive Directors get paid in most organisations and some won’t be paid £5000 per year. 

42 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It will be interesting to see if he sits in the directors box next season seeing he's not a director.

I doubt he'll be attending in public sight as a number of fans would like a quiet word with him.

The same goes for some of the others involved in some bad decisions at the club and certain Facebook groups.

49 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I doubt he'll be attending in public sight as a number of fans would like a quiet word with him.

The same goes for some of the others involved in some bad decisions at the club and certain Facebook groups.

Given the predicted attendances, I think they'll be safe...

I see BO thinks people don't like him because he's straight talking. Well, that simply isn't true.

BO, you are disliked for many, many reasons. You suck up to the disastrous owners, you turn on them and then you cosy up to them again. You are not actually qualified to run a professional football club. You're just an ex copper with an agenda. You wage war with the fans with your ridiculous banning orders against people who carried out a peaceful protest, and your decision to control who sits where simply reflects that you are a control freak. You have interfered in club business for many years, and never in a good way. You've now decided we can't use the best stand for spurious reasons. You're not even honest about it. It has nothing to do with H&S. That just reflects why people can't stand you, it's because you're dishonest/disingenuous. That last game of the season was a disgrace, and you were responsible.

There are so many other instances as to why people don't like you, none of which are to do with your delusional belief that it's because you're straight talking. That just shows how ridiculous you are. Above all, you have been at the centre of a regime that has massively accelerated our decline and, as such, you are culpable. That's why people don't like you. At least have the guts to look in the mirror and accept the reasons why you are loathed. Dear me....

35 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Amazing ability to use a lot of words to say precisely nothing of note. 

His ability to use words in completely the wrong context isn't too shabby either. 

in the time I have been posting on here I have tried to concentrate on positive things wherever possible. But if this is what passes for wisdom in your boardroom I really, really fear for your prospects in the short term. 

"We're currently doing some work on our profit and loss factors, what our income stream is likely to be with regard to sponsorship as well, what our spend will be, and hopefully we'll come out the other end, and I'm hopeful big things will come from next season.

first one dead easy fans through the gate and effective marketing something we havent had for a number of years mostly under your tenure mr owen 

loss factors again easy to rectify you and all the rest  of this inept bunch of clowns ruining our club sell the club and fuck off as far away as possible never ever returning 

sponsorship see all of the above 

budget again see all of the  above it isnt difficult basically leave as soon as possible and hand the club over to someone who knows what they are doing 

1 hour ago, basilrobbie said:

His ability to use words in completely the wrong context isn't too shabby either. 

in the time I have been posting on here I have tried to concentrate on positive things wherever possible. But if this is what passes for wisdom in your boardroom I really, really fear for your prospects in the short term. 

Let’s all have a guess what Barry thinks trepidation means. 
OMG! I’m sure we will work it out eventually.

2 hours ago, basilrobbie said:

Quite.

It’s similar to when your 13 and you start testing out your vocabulary at family parties, and people give you a sympathetic smile- as if to say.

Oh nearly. . 

Then you come back to reality and he’s not 13 at a family party, he’s a former senior police officer and running our football club on a day to day basis. He doesn’t know what words mean or how to use them, and much worse is to incompetent to realise that’s what he’s doing. 

It’s a great time to be alive for us. 

Archived