Today's Shitstorm.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

If Barry wants to appease the fans all he he's got to do is say the North Stand issues have been resolved, the crown invasion fans ban has been lifted and the budget for players will be among he best in the National League.

He doesn't seem one for compromise  though.

that wouldnt be enough for me, sorry. 

the bans can't be revoked bc they are his red herring for when the crowd is 856 (which he will announce as 2086)

numbers are approximates

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Keith Curle interview Part 5: Oldham Athletic chapter closes:

Keith Curle tells SUZANNE GELDARD about his relationship with the Lemsagams and the regrets he does - and doesn’t - have.

“He (AL) has no leadership material. It might be because of the difficult times he was having when he came over, but all he was doing was moaning; moaning about what the fans were saying, moaning about this, moaning about that."

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/20185134.keith-curle-interview-part-5

Thanks to Suzanne for doing such a detailed interview with Curle.  The impression I get is that she'll put out the comments that she has to from Barry, but will go into much more detail about the incompetencies of the regime.

Curle did not do well here and I wasn't overly sad to see him go, but he's done well with enough clubs at this level within the last decade to understand what makes a good environment at a club and what makes a dysfunctional one. 

The meat on the bones that he gives here only adds to the proof that we will never succeed with these clowns in charge, regardless of who they bring in.  I'd always be happy to have Shez in charge of us in normal circumstances, but he needs to get out of the club while he still can imo.

35 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Thanks to Suzanne for doing such a detailed interview with Curle.  The impression I get is that she'll put out the comments that she has to from Barry, but will go into much more detail about the incompetencies of the regime.

Curle did not do well here and I wasn't overly sad to see him go, but he's done well with enough clubs at this level within the last decade to understand what makes a good environment at a club and what makes a dysfunctional one. 

The meat on the bones that he gives here only adds to the proof that we will never succeed with these clowns in charge, regardless of who they bring in.  I'd always be happy to have Shez in charge of us in normal circumstances, but he needs to get out of the club while he still can imo.

Personally I think Shez will give it one good go this season, he will know that if we don't bounce straight back we are fucked and by staying and working towards next season already he knows he is giving us the best chance he can.

Shez needs to do one….I think he’s wasting his time here…..

The environment he’s working in at the club and the growing anger of the fanbase is in no way conducive to any sort of success on the field.

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

The environment he’s working in at the club and the growing anger of the fanbase is in no way conducive to any sort of success on the field.

He seems happy enough with it...

17 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I don't get this idea that people think Sheridan should resign. If he wants to be part of this he can be my opinion of him doesn't change. I don't think for one minute that he would stay if Mo told him who to pick or sign. I also genuinely don't think he will last they will sack him probably before Christmas. But in the meantime I have no problem with him being manager my anger won't be directed at him it will be directed at those above him. I don't blame him and I actually don't blame the players either.

I'm not sure why people think he should leave it won't change anything if he does his replacement won't succeed knowone will and The Lemsagams will still be here for now, I still think they will be gone in the next 2 years anyway. But if in meantime I want us to try and be as high as possible, so that when we get the club back, we can rebuild from the highest point possible. For that reason we may aswell let Sheridan have a crack at it for now.

6 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I don't get this idea that people think Sheridan should resign. If he wants to be part of this he can be my opinion of him doesn't change. I don't think for one minute that he would stay if Mo told him who to pick or sign. I also genuinely don't think he will last they will sack him probably before Christmas. But in the meantime I have no problem with him being manager my anger won't be directed at him it be directed at those above him. I don't blame him and I actually don't blame the players either.

I'm not sure why people think he should leave it won't change anything if he does his replacement won't succeed knowone will and The Lemsagams will still be here for now I still think they will be gone in the next 2 years anyway. But if in meantime I want us to try and be as high as possible as we can so that when we get the club back, we can rebuild from the highest point possible. For that reason we may aswell let Sheridan have a crack at it for now.

Sheridan is the glue at the minute holding it all together...... support him and whatever team he puts out, even if you're boycotting you still want shez and the team to do well.

We dont have to support anything else about our club at all until they go, and they know that. We will be Oldham fans longer than they will be Oldham owners.

24 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The latest load of guff from our glorious advisor

I really wish he'd stop going on about someone taking a bomb into BP via the North Stand

Try not to read it in his voice - it's hard 

Oldham Athletic's North Stand closure explained in detail | The Oldham Times

So essentially:

1.  He was right all along

2.  In his absence the fact that the stand was open must have been a terrible mistake

3. He's back. See point 1

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

So essentially:

1.  He was right all along

2.  In his absence the fact that the stand was open must have been a terrible mistake

3. He's back. See point 1

I also find it astounding that during the numerous times the stand was open last season (and before he closed it the last time) not a single police officer has once said "hey, the CCTV from over there doesn't work - that's a safety breach"

And we can hardly get fans who do have tickets, never mind those without

Absolute buffoon of the highest order

30 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The latest load of guff from our glorious advisor

I really wish he'd stop going on about someone taking a bomb into BP via the North Stand

Try not to read it in his voice - it's hard 

Oldham Athletic's North Stand closure explained in detail | The Oldham Times

Without going into too much detail with regard to the interview Barry Owen is a c@nt.

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I also find it astounding that during the numerous times the stand was open last season (and before he closed it the last time) not a single police officer has once said "hey, the CCTV from over there doesn't work - that's a safety breach"

And we can hardly get fans who do have tickets, never mind those without

Absolute buffoon of the highest order

and wasn't the stand open at some stage last season before he 'left'?

Thank you BO for your wonderful comments and stuffing disabled users back in the JF stand yes it has disabled access etc but is as far away from the pitch as it can be not a patch on the North stand as you can see both ends.Why does this guy think he is doing the right things he is not his comments are just painful and is one of the many things wrong at our club.

Given the stand is such a potential death trap I'm afraid if I was running it it would be shut down in it's entirety on match days, I would be letting the club know that they need to be upgrading their floodlights as those positioned on that stand will not be in use.

Surely they can't pick and chose what services they want to use from within that stand given the concerns raised?

What a lot of hogwash from Barry trying to justify his existence at the club.

Barry says the safety certificate applies to all stands, can't see how the others meet his CCTV and other safety requirements though.

To my mind he has a personal vendetta against Blitz and the North Stand occupiers.

The sooner this regime has gone and he's banned from the club like he's doing to fans the better.

20 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I wonder what Barry's family think of him....

He’s probably that weird uncle that does nothing but share his unwanted opinions and the whole family know he’s talks waffle but they have to put up with him because he’s family. 

Archived