Today's Shitstorm.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

There's a damn site more than 30 on twitter calling out the odious self serving incompetent and local press think its enough to report.

...I'm well aware of echo Chambers

I guess it's just numbers - the fervour and vitriol that is displayed in social media (and I include OWTB in that category) is in the tens, and so are those who are seemingly prepared to act - that's the way it is, that kind of sass doesn't bleed into reality - you can't make people see (or maybe act) all the same way outside of that sphere very easily. Likewise the level of abuse, it kind of drops off when face-to-face meetings happen. If that doesn't jive with your assessment - fair enough. Not looking for an argument.

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

There's a damn site more than 30 on twitter calling out the odious self serving incompetent and local press think its enough to report

I'm well aware of echo Chambers and the Internet in general but Whittle, PeteG, Armchair, Lags, all seem so similar it's hard not to assume they are either one man or very much in his (ample) backside 

Even avoided swearing for the kids since someone seems to think being colourful on an Internet forum somehow gives an indication of my intellect 

you amended your not unreasonable behaviour for a cloud cuckoo land stranger the internets absolutely moronic views on words and who can/can not say them and when and where and because of who???

fuck. thattttttt.

my whole life l have deliberatley surrounded myself w people who will disagree w me just to keep me on my toes. l even used to tolerate cunts who actively did things jus to make my life hard!!

in no way is this place an echo chamber. equally there is absolutely no way that Lags, Armchair, Whittle, PeteG and 'whomever' lve forgotten are individual people, strangers to each other, posting independently formed opinions.

seeing how they perform keeps me honest. lm comfortable bein farr out on opinions and views, but the way tje guy who runs them accounts is so often factually wrong is embarrassing. need more front that all Britains coastal towns combined to post again after the mares he has on here.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

my whole life l have deliberatley surrounded myself w people who will disagree w me just to keep me on my toes. l even used to tolerate cunts who actively did things jus to make my life hard!!

in no way is this place an echo chamber. equally there is absolutely no way that Lags, Armchair, Whittle, PeteG and 'whomever' lve forgotten are individual people, strangers to each other, posting independently formed opinions.

You could not be more wrong.

Perhaps time to acquaint yourself with some people who don't want confrontation all the time-they just have a different opinion/view to you.

This is very much an echo chamber (this thread a perfect example as I said earlier) but some are still prepared to voice different opinions as a forum should be.

24 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

You could not be more wrong.

Perhaps time to acquaint yourself with some people who don't want confrontation all the time-they just have a different opinion/view to you.

This is very much an echo chamber (this thread a perfect example as I said earlier) but some are still prepared to voice different opinions as a forum should be.

It’s very much not an echo chamber. Just look at any signing or match thread for example, you’ll see people arguing about players, performances etc. Lots of different opinions on every subject matter. 

You’re confusing a growing agreement among fans on one topic in particular, the toxic actions of those in charge, with only one opinion being allowed. You can argue the opposite if you like but you won’t get kicked out or banned. Not like other online supporter groups. Now that’s what an echo chamber is. 

18 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It’s very much not an echo chamber. Just look at any signing or match thread for example, you’ll see people arguing about players, performances etc. Lots of different opinions on every subject matter. 

You’re confusing a growing agreement among fans on one topic in particular, the toxic actions of those in charge, with only one opinion being allowed. You can argue the opposite if you like but you won’t get kicked out or banned. Not like other online supporter groups. Now that’s what an echo chamber is. 

Agreed, but when people call you a cretin and similar because they don't agree with your views that's going too far IMO.

24 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Agreed, but when people call you a cretin and similar because they don't agree with your views that's going too far IMO.

I used the term "berk" and genuinely meant it in a light hearted sense and apologised. You then blocked me for "sarcasm" which I found odd.

I still like your posts even if I don't agree with them all 

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I used the term "berk" and genuinely meant it in a light hearted sense and apologised. You then blocked me for "sarcasm" which I found odd.

I still like your posts even if I don't agree with them all 

Quoted so BP can see it. 

The articles add meat to the bones of what was suspected at the time and really brings to the fore what an absolute shambles the club was and still is. Bringing B.O. back the table smacks of some kind of warped desperation and if the the circus brothers had even an ounce of common between their ears, they would realise that he is divisive and inflammatory and will not be an asset to the club.

How Sheridan has brought Hogan in and expecting more incoming is beyond me. There must be a serious amount of BS being spouted.

The twisted and deviant side of me is actually intrigued by how this new season is going to pan-out while my sensible side is telling me to stay away and not give a toss until the Big Top falls down and rebuilt from the ground up.

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

The articles add meat to the bones of what was suspected at the time and really brings to the fore what an absolute shambles the club was and still is. Bringing B.O. back the table smacks of some kind of warped desperation and if the the circus brothers had even an ounce of common between their ears, they would realise that he is divisive and inflammatory and will not be an asset to the club.

How Sheridan has brought Hogan in and expecting more incoming is beyond me. There must be a serious amount of BS being spouted.

The twisted and deviant side of me is actually intrigued by how this new season is going to pan-out while my sensible side is telling me to stay away and not give a toss until the Big Top falls down and rebuilt from the ground up.

Plenty people go to work for companies where everything isn't okay dokey, by the sound of Curles interview the players will get paid so I suspect those who are signing will be be happy to do so despite the shitshow that exists within the club, with the retained list and 3 or 4 others in the mould of Hogan I'd expect play offs at least even with the group we have now, I'd also expect Shez to be a bit cleverer in the loan market for us.

Keith Curle interview Part 5: Oldham Athletic chapter closes:

Keith Curle tells SUZANNE GELDARD about his relationship with the Lemsagams and the regrets he does - and doesn’t - have.

“He (AL) has no leadership material. It might be because of the difficult times he was having when he came over, but all he was doing was moaning; moaning about what the fans were saying, moaning about this, moaning about that."

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/20185134.keith-curle-interview-part-5

29 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Keith Curle tells SUZANNE GELDARD about his relationship with the Lemsagams and the regrets he does - and doesn’t - have.

“He (AL) has no leadership material. It might be because of the difficult times he was having when he came over, but all he was doing was moaning; moaning about what the fans were saying, moaning about this, moaning about that."

“He has no leadership material. It might be because of the difficult times he was having when he came over, but all he was doing was moaning; moaning about what the fans were saying, moaning about this, moaning about that.

I wonder if he reads this message board.

16 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

“He has no leadership material. It might be because of the difficult times he was having when he came over, but all he was doing was moaning; moaning about what the fans were saying, moaning about this, moaning about that.

I wonder if he reads this message board.

more than likely not but will receive an edited version from the stench  no doubt 

33 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Curle only confirms what many of us have been saying all along for two or three years, apologists and Shitpeas sycophants will be along soon to tell us it's all the fans fault.

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

'they think they can go down a division and it will be less expensive'

😬😬😬😬

If Barry wants to appease the fans all he he's got to do is say the North Stand issues have been resolved, the crown invasion fans ban has been lifted and the budget for players will be among he best in the National League.

He doesn't seem one for compromise  though.

42 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If Barry wants to appease the fans all he he's got to do is say the North Stand issues have been resolved, the crown invasion fans ban has been lifted and the budget for players will be among he best in the National League.

He doesn't seem one for compromise  though.

Barry has to do one thing and that is to do one. 

Archived