Frank Rothwell

2 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

I’ll buy you one Monty, but fountain pens don’t work if your left handed.

(the left hand smudges the ink).

👍👍

Tell me about it, at junior school my reports stated I needed to neaten my handwriting, sticking a fountain pen in my hand made it illegible. 

According to local journalist Ken Bennett, on Facebook, Frank's boat has already capsized twice!! 😱

FRANK: HIGH SEAS DRAMA

By Ken Bennett

"Intrepid sailor Frank Rothwell, 73, survived when his boat capsized twice today in his 3,000 mile solo bid to cross the Atlantic raising funds for Alzheimer’s Research UK.

In an exclusive interview with Oldham Community Radio 99.7 fm, Frank’s son, Luke, spelled out the drama, saying though the boat went in its side the Trojan sailor was fine - despite losing special momentos given to him for Christmas by his family.

The full interview can be heard on Oldham Community Radio 99.7 FM"

29 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

According to local journalist Ken Bennett, on Facebook, Frank's boat has already capsized twice!! 😱

FRANK: HIGH SEAS DRAMA

By Ken Bennett

"Intrepid sailor Frank Rothwell, 73, survived when his boat capsized twice today in his 3,000 mile solo bid to cross the Atlantic raising funds for Alzheimer’s Research UK.

In an exclusive interview with Oldham Community Radio 99.7 fm, Frank’s son, Luke, spelled out the drama, saying though the boat went in its side the Trojan sailor was fine - despite losing special momentos given to him for Christmas by his family.

The full interview can be heard on Oldham Community Radio 99.7 FM"

Another update on his facebook…

UPDATE FROM FRANK

Today is day six of the World's Toughest Row and, so far, Frank has travelled more than 242 nautical miles (approx. 278 miles). 🚣‍♀️

We’ve just spoken to Frank. These first few days have been hard, with a long 14 hour day rowing to get past the first waypoint and some motion sickness. His boat also temporarily capsized in a storm this morning, leading to his Emergency Position Radio Beacon (a device to alert search and rescue services in case of an emergency) breaking off  and washing overboard. But there is a second one on the boat which is secure, and Frank is safe. 

Frank continues to find the positives in everything and is happy and safe to continue. We’ve been sharing your messages of support and donations to Alzheimer's Research UK with him and his son, who he talks to everyday. 

Please join us and get behind Frank by leaving messages of support below for us to share with him when he next checks in. 

📷: The World's Toughest Row.”

13 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Hope the players are reading this.A lesson in guts and determination from Frank.

• Like 2

Just a thought, and I don’t speak for all Latics fans, and I don’t know how we’d go about it but why don’t we ask Dorking to donate the £1000 they are putting behind the bars in Dorking to instead donate to Franks cause. I’d certainly rather that than receive a free drink in a pub in Dorking. 

• Like 11

11 hours ago, daniel said:

Just a thought, and I don’t speak for all Latics fans, and I don’t know how we’d go about it but why don’t we ask Dorking to donate the £1000 they are putting behind the bars in Dorking to instead donate to Franks cause. I’d certainly rather that than receive a free drink in a pub in Dorking. 

Ring the club and ask to speak to Marc, or ask if will they pass on a message to him. You’re only making a suggestion, and a very good one. 👍🏻

• Like 3

13 hours ago, daniel said:

Brilliant idea!

Great idea - with a bit of luck he'll do both :)

As well as a thank you to travelling fans, the gesture is also aimed at the football club putting something back into the local community. Leave as is I say.

No doubting that Marc will have also sponsored Frank - two top blokes 👍

• Like 1