MATCH: vs Woking (A) 13/09/22

7 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Thought I’d mark the players out of 10…..

Norman; None of the goals were his fault but he has mastered the art of overhitting pointless kicks out of play on both side of the pitch….still, congratulations to Magnus..tonight’s MOM with a superb 4/10

Okagbue; ..been trying to work out if his name is an anagram of “er, ok, bye!” It isn’t but we should say ‘bye 1/10

McGahey; Looks like a pub player, plays like a pub player but not good enough to get a start in most pub teams so has dropped down to our level 1/10

Sheron; Captain not so fantastic, had his defensive line and midfield perfectly drilled in the new Oldham Athletic “sieve” formation 2/10 

Wellens; I assume he was adopted because there is no Wellens DNA in there…either that or it has skipped a generation and we should sign his unborn Son 2/10

Threlkeld; Looks like a Viking plays like a ….nah, nothing rhymes. He’s just not very good 2/10

Stobbs; I felt our fans may have been a tad unfair on him so decided to really watch him during tonight’s match….had to stop though after 15 mins because it was hurting my eyes. 1/10 (should probably be 0 but I gave him one of Fondop’)

Roberts; Managed to help create the largest gap between our defence and midfield and our forward line (or Fondop’ head as we call our forward line) 2/10

Cooper; I can’t really think of anything to say about him tbh other than the above 2/10

Fondop; He is the focal point of all our attacks…well, to the extent that we lump the ball up to him and he flicks it on for Owen Doyle to run in behind and finish…it’s a genius plan, lacking only one thing….Owen Doyle 2/10 (would have got 3 marks for effort but I docked him 1 for nearly getting sent off at the end…he should have been but the Ref was feeling sorry for us)

Tollit; He looked lively at Torquay when I first saw him but is so lightweight that he makes DKD look like Sean Gregan 2/10

Subs

McGlynn; Almost the dream start, first touch he glides past two defenders and storms forward with only the keeper to beat and the Woking defenders desperately pursuing him, he ignores the Latics player to his right and calmly scuffs the ball at snails pace ten yards wide of the post….after that he fitted in perfectly and did almost nothing…he’s probably checking what day he goes back to Burnley, not long Joe, don’t worry lad. 1/10 that initial touch was worth the 1

Clarke; Came on to steady the ship after McGahey was hauled off for giving away the 3rd goal. With Clarke on we looked rock solid at the back…….nah, only kidding, it was worse of-course 1/10

Burgess; Not sure if he touched the ball but then again he was only on the pitch for 20 mins 2/10

Sheridan; People suggesting he should retire…I think he already has without telling anyone officially 0/10

Fans; We went to a league game on a wet Tuesday night in fucking Woking and got battered. Beautifully observed the 1 minutes silence for the Queen and then impressively maintained it for the remaining 90 minutes!

250/1950

Very good- particularly your assessment of Okagbue and Threlkeld. 😂😂😂

Edited by League one forever

10 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Norman; None of the goals were his fault but he has mastered the art of overhitting pointless kicks out of play on both side of the pitch….still, congratulations to Magnus..tonight’s MOM with a superb 4/10

Okagbue; ..been trying to work out if his name is an anagram of “er, ok, bye!” It isn’t but we should say ‘bye 1/10

McGahey; Looks like a pub player, plays like a pub player but not good enough to get a start in most pub teams so has dropped down to our level 1/10

Sheron; Captain not so fantastic, had his defensive line and midfield perfectly drilled in the new Oldham Athletic “sieve” formation 2/10 

Wellens; I assume he was adopted because there is no Wellens DNA in there…either that or it has skipped a generation and we should sign his unborn Son 2/10

Threlkeld; Looks like a Viking plays like a ….nah, nothing rhymes. He’s just not very good 2/10

Stobbs; I felt our fans may have been a tad unfair on him so decided to really watch him during tonight’s match….had to stop though after 15 mins because it was hurting my eyes. 1/10 (should probably be 0 but I gave him one of Fondop’)

Roberts; Managed to help create the largest gap between our defence and midfield and our forward line (or Fondop’ head as we call our forward line) 2/10

Cooper; I can’t really think of anything to say about him tbh other than the above 2/10

Fondop; He is the focal point of all our attacks…well, to the extent that we lump the ball up to him and he flicks it on for Owen Doyle to run in behind and finish…it’s a genius plan, lacking only one thing….Owen Doyle 2/10 (would have got 3 marks for effort but I docked him 1 for nearly getting sent off at the end…he should have been but the Ref was feeling sorry for us)

Tollit; He looked lively at Torquay when I first saw him but is so lightweight that he makes DKD look like Sean Gregan 2/10

Subs

McGlynn; Almost the dream start, first touch he glides past two defenders and storms forward with only the keeper to beat and the Woking defenders desperately pursuing him, he ignores the Latics player to his right and calmly scuffs the ball at snails pace ten yards wide of the post….after that he fitted in perfectly and did almost nothing…he’s probably checking what day he goes back to Burnley, not long Joe, don’t worry lad. 1/10 that initial touch was worth the 1

Clarke; Came on to steady the ship after McGahey was hauled off for giving away the 3rd goal. With Clarke on we looked rock solid at the back…….nah, only kidding, it was worse of-course 1/10

Burgess; Not sure if he touched the ball but then again he was only on the pitch for 20 mins 2/10

Sheridan; People suggesting he should retire…I think he already has without telling anyone officially 0/10

Fans; We went to a league game on a wet Tuesday night in fucking Woking and got battered. Beautifully observed the 1 minutes silence for the Queen and then impressively maintained it for the remaining 90 minutes!

250/1950

And there was me trying to put a positive spin on things! Cheered me right up that 😀

24 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Subs

250/1950

Excellent observations so would you say we have room for improvement?

6 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Subs

250/1950

as the resident blind optimist l'm reading this looking to find fault or say youre just giving out low scores bc youre hurting. but l can't, you clearly watched very closely and couldn't have summed it up any better.

9 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

A decent manager and coach will get this lot in and around the playoffs. The division is absolutely crap apart from 3 or 4 sides. Don't know if Fervid is ITK or what but if he's right about Darren Ferguson, then we might as well book our hotel rooms for the playoff final now...

I could never respect a woman beater.. hope it’s not true. 

13 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Subs

250/1950

We were truly shite all over the field end of....

Could have been 6 or more without Norman.

Every single player bar Norman was below par, most well below.

The young loanees were all crap with the exception of Wellens for 15 mins. They may be good players but need to learn to play  a simple ball more often.

The midfield just didn't seem to know where they should be playing or in what formation. 

Can't even remember any of them passing to each other the whole game. 

What the fuck Shez and that waster Tommy Wright do all week in training is a mystery...

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

We were truly shite all over the field end of....

Could have been 6 or more without Norman.

Every single player bar Norman was below par, most well below.

The young loanees were all crap with the exception of Wellens for 15 mins. They may be good players but need to learn to play  a simple ball more often.

The midfield just didn't seem to know where they should be playing or in what formation. 

Can't even remember any of them passing to each other the whole game. 

What the fuck Shez and that waster Tommy Wright do all week in training is a mystery...

Had 10 days to prepare for this game, as you say what were they doing on the training ground.

Same old failed tactics and routines I imagine.

I think they were all visibly upset by the sad death of the Queen. I heard they all thought they were heading south to see her return to London. Imagine the shock to the poor lads when they were asked to play football. Shame on the football authorities for putting our boys through such turmoil.

On a different note, my abiding memory of Darren Fergusson is when he turned on the gobby fan in the Main Stand paddock. I really thought he was going to hit him. On that basis, yes, let's sign him up and give Main Stand paddock STs to the Reul is stick group.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I think they were all visibly upset by the sad death of the Queen. I heard they all thought they were heading south to see her return to London. Imagine the shock to the poor lads when they were asked to play football. Shame on the football authorities for putting our boys through such turmoil.

On a different note, my abiding memory of Darren Fergusson is when he turned on the gobby fan in the Main Stand paddock. I really thought he was going to hit him. On that basis, yes, let's sign him up and give Main Stand paddock STs to the Reul is stick group.

Anyone "upset" at the death of an old woman they have never met need to have a word themselves it's fucking pathetic 

My gran is dying at just short of 90, anyone fancy stopping traffic?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Anyone "upset" at the death of an old woman they have never met need to have a word themselves it's fucking pathetic 

My gran is dying at just short of 90, anyone fancy stopping traffic?

Do you know you’re such a fucking prick at times!!

19 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Subs

250/1950

Reads well that and sounds like an accurate assessment, fair play 

1 hour ago, GKing521 said:

Woking's highlight package production is about 700x better than ours FFS.

Having watched those highlights how does Sheridan even begin to turn this around, if not for a woeful finish and Magnus Norman it could very well  have been 5 or 6!!

We are every bit as bad as last season and probably even worse.

I haven’t seen any improvement whatsoever from the friendlies through to these 8 league games.

There are far too many players simply  strolling around and this is after Shez had said he would only be signing hungry players with experience and who know all about this division.

Most of these players don’t look remotely interested which is unforgivable and apart from Norman don’t even look arsed when the goals are going in!! 

Ideally we could do with a bit more quality but our squad is top heavy already and we’ll probably have to go with what we have, however, a change of manager is an absolute no brainer.

Shez has to go!!