Harry Vaughan debate...

4 minutes ago, Lags said:

According to DU yes. What we do know others didn't play him either, there must be a reason for that.

Jealousy? :D 

Seriously, Vaughan mustn't be capable of playing in the current system to any effective use. It doesn't matter what we say or think as fans because we don't get to see him in training every day. Maybe a player for the future of the club, if the playing staff and tactics go through the change we all want.

He'll probably be gone by then.

49 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If I were Vaughan I'd be keeping my head down and getting out at the first opportunity after being dug out last night, shithousery of the highest order to single him and the next youngest kid out. Weak as piss from Unsworth.

I thought that too, both show willing unlike some of the others.

Their morale could be now destroyed.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

If I were Vaughan I'd be keeping my head down and getting out at the first opportunity after being dug out last night, shithousery of the highest order to single him and the next youngest kid out. Weak as piss from Unsworth.

Agree it was out of order publically picking him out.and should have been said outside of his interview. But he should have closed down their number 16 more quickly and it cost us a goal..

He was the same size as Vaughan and also technically very good, but he was quicker and physically stronger which made all the difference.

None of our lot could handle him last night.

2 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Agree it was out of order publically picking him out.and should have been said outside of his interview. But he should have closed down their number 16 more quickly and it cost us a goal..

He was the same size as Vaughan and also technically very good, but he was quicker and physically stronger which made all the difference.

None of our lot could handle him last night.

I'd have to watch it again, he gave the ball away earlier on in the phase of play but after that I didn't have the greatest view, if it was his fault fine but with the amount of defenders, holding midfielders on the pitch I'm shocked it would be one of only a couple attack minded players fault we conceded, another thing how negative is it to have every man back for set pieces and corners.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd have to watch it again, he gave the ball away earlier on in the phase of play but after that I didn't have the greatest view, if it was his fault fine but with the amount of defenders, holding midfielders on the pitch I'm shocked it would be one of only a couple attack minded players fault we conceded, another thing how negative is it to have every man back for set pieces and corners.

I’ve just watched the highlights and can see why DU came out and said what he said about Harry, he lost the ball which was understandable with 3 players on him and no runners to pass to, but the fight to get the ball back was none existent, he just jogged 2 yards behind the alty player with no intention or effort to get the ball back

2 minutes ago, Oafc11 said:

I’ve just watched the highlights and can see why DU came out and said what he said about Harry, he lost the ball which was understandable with 3 players on him and no runners to pass to, but the fight to get the ball back was none existent, he just jogged 2 yards behind the alty player with no intention or effort to get the ball back

Where please?

1 hour ago, Oafc11 said:

But there were then, what, 2 phases of play before the goal? Yes, Vaughan lost the ball (under severe pressure) but there was plenty of opportunity for others to defend subsequently. The Altrincham commentators were understandably thrilled by the strike, but there was no attempt to close the goalscorer down and I'm not sure Norman should have been beaten like that from so far out.

• Like 2