Harry Vaughan debate...

Not seen as much of him as others but, even from his cameo against Eastleigh alone, you can see he's the best technical footballer at the club.

He does look lightweight but he looks astute enough to avoid contact by making space. As others have said, he might not be the answer but I'm not sure what's been seen in training that hasn't given him the chance to prove it either way. 

6 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Not seen as much of him as others but, even from his cameo against Eastleigh alone, you can see he's the best technical footballer at the club.

He does look lightweight but he looks astute enough to avoid contact by making space. As others have said, he might not be the answer but I'm not sure what's been seen in training that hasn't given him the chance to prove it either way. 

I watched training last week and he was hardly involved. I think he needs to demand and look for the ball more like the similar built Scunthorpe number 25 recently. Until he does that I fear he won't progress.

24 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I watched training last week and he was hardly involved. I think he needs to demand and look for the ball more like the similar built Scunthorpe number 25 recently. Until he does that I fear he won't progress.

He needs to have the play going through him like Palmer at County and Apter at Scunthorpe, there seems a reluctance to play it through him even when he is involved.

He will be another who will go on and do just fine in a league or two above without really being given an opportunity. 

One thing that probably has been forgotten in the Harry Vaughan debate and is probably worth a mention is that when he does come on we have been able to go on and win games, against both Eastleigh and Aldershot he came on and made a fair/decent contribution but more importantly it was a positive substitution by the manager, we didn't look tired and unfit as is claimed and actually went on and won the matches in the dying minutes of the game, both in injury time I think.

Cooper for Rooney on Saturday was about as stupid a substitution I've seen for some time it handed all the initiative over to Chester who from that point basically played attack against defence and it resembled training ground drills.

Chester were shite and couldn't defend for toffee yet we allowed them half hour of almost uninterrupted play and they should of gone on and won, we played seven or eight at the back and not because of fitness it's how we set up to play, it's the managers job to make the adjustment not just throw more defenders on to hide behind the ones who aren't doing there job to start with.

I'm not having it that we can use this unfit myth week in week out, that Chester game was played at a snails pace it was fucking dreadful at times, no urgency, no desire and that was a world away from how the same group applied themselves against Wrexham and that's a big worry for me, we should of won by 4 or 5 Saturday they had nothing upfront a dodgy defence and as bad a keeper I've seen in a long time, that was the game for Vaughan with half hour to go and if he didn't bring him on then he is never going to use him.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Cooper for Rooney on Saturday was about as stupid a substitution I've seen for some time it handed all the initiative over to Chester who from that point basically played attack against defence and it resembled training ground drills.

I'm very much in the patience gang, but this substitution baffled me a bit and I wasn't even watching. Seemed set up for Vaughan to come on at this point.  If Vaughan isn't quite what Unsworth wants week by week then that's his call but he offers something positive and a bit different and against a team from the league below in a game that's a little bit of a free hit, I'm surprised he didn't give him a run.

24 minutes ago, League one forever said:

His first 22 minutes of the season I believe? And he didn’t dominate and score two? Yeah, stick him in the shit pile. 🤦🏻‍♂️

We need to be patient with him right? Give him a reasonable amount of time? 

😉

• Like 1