National League Thread

17 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

How we now feeling about the (non) signing of Ryan Colclough a few months after he’s joined Chesterfield?

Looks like he’s in great form for them with plenty of goals & assists.

Doesn’t rankle so much this season, but should Chesterfield miss out on promotion this season, he looks like he’ll still be one of the best players in the league for them next season. That’ll be more frustrating should we get our act together and be challenging in the top 7. Could have been a difference maker for us (goals / top quality service for Nuttall, Fondop & Reid)

I was told Colclough past off the field problems, same with Linney who I also recommended.

Edited by BP1960

56 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I was told Colclough past off the field problems, same with Linney who I also recommended.

I think the club knew all about Coleclough before your recommendation...and he did jack shit in Jan and Feb for Chesterfield as they bombed.

Seems like he is coming into somedecent form now though...

Trust in Frank....Coleclough will turn out to be a bad egg....

Edited by Londonboy

16 hours ago, Wardie said:

Junior Morias gone from the Dags to Notts County.
Good news for us, come Saturday?

Bloke in the main stand as he was coming off the bench for Peterborough - "How far away is he?"

Still makes me chuckle to this day! 

"National League players might strike over changes made by the Football Association to contracts for next season, Oldham's Peter Clarke has said.

New conditions see injured non-league players only paid in full for 12 weeks.

Clubs can then reduce wages to statutory sick pay - £99.35 a week - until they are fit, or up to 28 weeks."

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/

It's going to put a bigger gulf between the traditional non-league teams and the league teams. Not to mention how difficult it'll be to attract players who'll no doubt be happier keeping a bench warm or sat in the stiffs than risking his mortgage payments should he get a 2-3 month layoff.

2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

"National League players might strike over changes made by the Football Association to contracts for next season, Oldham's Peter Clarke has said.

Clubs can then reduce wages to statutory sick pay - £99.35 a week - until they are fit, or up to 28 weeks."

Reminds of when England International Stanley Matthews asked to be paid during the summer break.

"No", Stan was told, "you don't play for us in the summer".

Edited by BP1960

As well as Foster and Waters Wrexham have signed Malik Dijksteel today from Whitby. Brother of Middlesbroughs Anfernee. I've seen him many times over the past 2 years and he's incredibly skillfull. Technically outstanding. However also one of those who sometimes you see him and you've forgotten he's on the pitch. Surprised Wrexham have gone for him. Good luck Malik lad. WAWAW!

4 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Thought Peter Clarke had been on strike since November...

4 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Think the players have a point on this one football is one of those professions where you do have a risk of getting injured mostly it isn't the players fault. Do we really want to see players going round being terrified of getting injured because they risk not being able to provide for their families.

10 hours ago, trickyrickyholden said:

Yep in very short order.

You can't be a professional football team AND expect the players to take the risk on themselves. Its an absolute nonsense this.

Not arguing either way here but aren't the players insured ? What does that cover ? Could wages be covered ? I'm sure the league would have looked into this. (well you would hope they have)